Personal Motto

Since Daddy has been here in Houston with me and going through treatment it has been a learning experience on how to live day by day. Yesterday we were watching a show and this lady described her personal motto - new body new house. 18 months later she has that new body and is in the process of buying a new house.

I started talking to daddy and asking him if he had one and what his is and if he didn't have one he should develop one especially since he is trying to learn to live again.

During the conversation, with out knowing it, I have had one for years. I have just been moving it forward in my Covey planner for the past 6 years:

To live in the present and not plan the FUTURE

So what motto's are out there, words to live by

So what motto's are out there, words to live by

If it's meant to be, it will be.

Cathy

• 3 months later...

It's my signature...."I got lost on the way to a dream and found a better one." in the present sense so "I get lost on the way to my dreams and God gives me better ones." That plus "Life is Good."

My everyday motto isn't a cool saying but more of a meditation where I forcefully sit down with God & put all of my trust in Him with in turn wipes out all of my daily stresses. Maybe "If I trust Him...and trust His plan...why am I stressing? Because I doubt...don't doubt His plan." or such. I tell ya during the worst times I swear I felt weight lifted off my shoulders.

"WE MUST BE WILLING TO GET RID OF THE LIFE WE'VE PLANNED,

SO AS TO HAVE THE LIFE THAT IS WAITING FOR US"

I have this on a post-it to the left of my computer and it has been there for years. This has gotten me through infertilities ups & downs and then adoptions as well as a lot of stuff, good and bad in between. Whenever life throws me a curveball I always end up at my desk and then sit back as I re-read this quote and then understand there is a different plan, and its ok just trust the new journey.

Sandi

"Get on your knees as though it's all up to the Lord, get off your knees as though it's all up to you."

and

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel"

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

Saw this quote from the late Maya Angelou on the news last night and thought it was appropriate for all:

"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."

- Maya Angelou

• Upvote 3

Love that!