What made you pick Abrazo?

LuvOurTexan

Holly

How are you; I hope you get to see some of the pictures of Cason at the office every month. Thank you so much again for all the help you gave us when we were in Texarkana and I was loosing my mind.

We love you and can't wait to see you at Camp

Cason is doing wonderful; we cannot imagine our lives without him.

Bye

Chilimom:

Hi! I just wanted to say thank you. 

Holly

32327[/snapback]

Cooper Family smile.gif

Thank you and I am doing just fine. I do look at Cason's pictures; he is a handsome boy. I can't wait to see you and everyone that is going to the reunion. Thank you to everyone else that is going to Camp Abrazo. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Have a safe trip, we love you all.

Holly

• 2 weeks later...

We were introduced to Abrazo by someone in my husbands office that has had 2 successful placements with Abrazo.

After going through another agency and going to adopt internationaly because we were told it would take to long for us to adopt because of our ages.

We are from the January 2006 Orientation group. Even though a match has not happened yet for us, we know we have made the right decision to use Abrazo. We are confident we will be placed as in our group 2 people have been placed and 2 more have been matched from the 9 couples in our group. I can't wait for our turn.

We have met wonderful people in our orientation and the staff is great. The Forum is fantastic to.

I have never experienced such a connection to so many people.

Linda

Edited by Tonycpa and Linda

We sure will be cheering you guys on!  I love with the stork posts, it makes my day!

34146[/snapback]

It is like the angels are singing....another babe found it's forever momma & daddy!

I love reading the Stork post. They give me warm fuzzies all over!

Abrazo was one of 20 agencies Craig and I interviewed.

I knew I liked them from the moment I spoke with Angela. I called to interview her regarding the agency, and she really told me very little escept that the best way to understand Abrazo was to go to orientation, spend 299.00 to learn about them. What? I thought she was crazy, she said that at this orientation they would learn about us and we would learn about them and it would answer all of our questions to allow us to make an informed decision. What a straight forward conversation that was, and it hooked me. I love when be just tell me how it is.

Well, I completed the application, sent the money in and didn’t schedule a date until 10 months later.

I just didn’t know, so we interviewed more agencies. The great thing about Abrazo, was they didn’t pressure me to pick a weekend, so they just sat on our application until I called again 10 months later. According to Angela we hold the record for the longest Orientation Application, I guess we are very proud of that record. It wasn’t meant for us to go any earlier, because we were matched with a wonderful lady that gave us Tyler 3 months later.

We finally made the decision to come down for the orientation and feel the love with all the ladies, 10 days later we signed up.

To me the following were so important:

1. The agency was not a baby brokerage firm, we interviewed so many agencies that just made me feel like we were buying a baby and that wasn't how I wanted to walk away from the process.

2. Pressure to give them money right away without meeting the people I would be working with, I like to see and speak with them just a little.

3. Pressure calling me everyday after our interviews. Finally I just told the agencies that I didn't like how they ran their business.

4. The waiting period average and the number of placements in a year. I don't know why this was that important, but it was a question I always asked every agency. Again, most impressed with Abrazo Angela was so smooth when she answered this question. In not so many words, she said that the number was not important, but what mattered was that the right family was matched with the right BP. I fell hard for Abrazo with this answer.

5. The most important was the OPEN adoption process. I really liked the fact that they encouraged BP and AP to stay in touch.

I think everyone who becomes part of the Abrazo is special.... Abrazo must attract special people.

Linda

Guest bmom2nickngrace

I chose Abrazo from the phone book. Why their name stood out, I am not sure of. They were the first agency that I called. I spoke to Holly on the phone. I was not that far along when I called. I think iwas around 8 weeks pregnant when I called.

Only if I would have chosen Abrazo with my 2nd adoption. I feel then that I would not have regrets with the family that I chose.

Elicia

I found Abrazo through the phone book, too, and I first remember speaking with Elizabeth then Shannon. They both made me feel so comfortable and did not pressure me at all. She made arrangements for me to come to San Antonio to complete my adoption plans. I guess what impressed me most was that everyone at Abrazo just treated me like a person, not just a baby farm... and they reallly seemed genuine and caring. They certainly went above and beyond for me and I really appreciate that.

I know how hard it can be to work at an emotional job like that, and I have to say that I really admire those of you that can hang in there year after year (EAV and Holly)

I found Abrazo through the phone book, too, and I first remember speaking with Elizabeth then Shannon.  They both made me feel so comfortable and did not pressure me at all.  She made arrangements for me to come to San Antonio to complete my adoption plans.  I guess what impressed me most was that everyone at Abrazo just treated me like a person, not just a baby farm... and they reallly seemed genuine and caring.  They certainly went above and beyond for me and I really appreciate that.

I know how hard it can be to work at an emotional job like that, and I have to say that I really admire those of you that can hang in there year after year (EAV and Holly)

34627[/snapback]

Yes, Abrazo Women are great. Its not just a job for them you can tell they love what they do. You are not a number but a person and they care about you and placing your child with the right people.

I also like the open adoption, I think it is really good for the child.

Linda

• 1 year later...

lovefaithhope -- Welcome to the Forum! You might try reading this thread to get an idea of why people choose Abrazo! (Adoptive Parents/Looking to Adopt/References & Testimonials)

http://abrazo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3302&st=0

Welcome!!!

We picked Abrazo after trying to work with a local agency years ago. That agency didn't know us or care to get to know us. Abrazo took the time to know us on a personal level, it didn't feel ike we were just clients, but family.

We also chose Abrazo because they truly care about the birthparents that they are working with. It sadden me to see how some of the other agancies treated birthfamilies.

One more reason we chose Abrazo was because they do open adoptions. My husband and I worked many long hours trying to get an adoption agency up and running in our area a few years ago. After doing all the work I realized that they didn't do open adoptions the way Abrazo does open adoption. I can't imagine not having the contact with Grace Ann's birthfamily and now with our new birthmother.

There are so many more reasons that we chose Abrazo, but those three are the tops in my book!

Hi - We're hoping to adopt again domestically and I was just wondering what made everyone choose Abrazo? It seems like a great agency! :D

We, too were referred by a friend, but when I came to the forum, it was obvious that we hoped to adopt the "Abrazo" way! Our first was not through Abrazo, and we were less than thrilled with that agency.

Even though we didn't take our first placement through Abrazo, we were embraced on the forum...and that has been such a blessing to us (in more ways than one). We stayed active and through that found our second daughter...so now we are officially an Abrazo family!

CHeck out the forum topics and you will see the kind of support and encouragement that is typical here. We are not perfect here, but we are a loving and supportive bunch!!

Welcome LoveFaithHope!

We were referred to Abrazo by our social worker here in Memphis. We knew we wanted openness in our adoption, but we were a bit aprehensive about open adoption at first. Working with Abrazo has taught us so much and now we feel that there really is no other healthy way to approach adoption than total openness.

The team of ladies in the office are very dedicated and seem to view what they do as more of a calling or a lifestyle than as a job. There is a wealth of knoweledge there, as well. Each person in the office knows us all by name and knows our situations. They are a great support system.

We have also come into a tremendous community of adoptive families through the forum, camp Abrazo, our own state reunions, and our monthly lunches here in Memphis. I love the fact that our daughter will have many adopted friends to grow up with.

Good luck with your decision. I hope this helps.

Eileen

Welcome LoveFaithHope! Abrazo is truly a wonderful agency to work with! I think the big plus for us(and there are many) is orientation weekend. I know the other agency we looked at locally didn't offer that and I don't know if we could have survived our adoption journey without it! Plus, you get to meet all the fabulous Abrazo ladies who will be working so hard to find the right match for you and ultimately facilitate the placement! They have those weekends basically every other month and are open to couples who have gone through the application process and been approved.

I have to say that all of the other points that everyone has mentioned are great too but I thought I would share the biggie for us.

Best of luck!

Jessica

Abrazo has results. From the time we attended Orientation and were blessed with our son it was 5 months.

Other Agencies where tellling us 3 - 5 years (maybe more) for an infant.

Also, the ladies that work there have a passion for what they do work over an above their job description. It's like a family and you become part of that family.

It is a wonderful Agency.

Good Luck

It's funny because we didn't fing Abrazo, they found us (literally!). We had been working briefly with a local Idaho agency who networks with out of state agencies for those families open to transracial adoption. Anyways, Abrazo received our profile the exact same day our daughter's birthparents came into the office with their already born daughter (she was 2 weeks old) and wanted to make an adoption plan. Abrazo had our profile as well as first and last name, but no phone number. It was after office hours here in Idaho and our networking agency was closed so Abrazo had no way of getting our home phone number. Elizabeth did some "detective" work, called my husband's office number (he's a dentist) got the answering service and they relayed the message onto us to call Abrazo immediately. We did, and 2 days later our beautiful baby girl was in out arms.

We had a lot of adoption experience (too much I think at times!). In becoming the proud adoptive parents to our three beautiful children, we have worked directly with 6 (counting Abrazo) agencies- the local agencies as well as three different out-of-state agencies. Abrazo is by FAR the most superior agency we have worked worth. Their professionalism as well as kindness can be compared to none. My only regret is that we didn't "find" Abrazo sooner (or them find us). We would have loved to have three Abrazobabes. I keep telling my husband that it's time for #4 but he has not only told me no, but ABSOLUTELY not!! Oh well. My hands are full (for now anyways!)

Good luck as you begin your adoption journey. Have faith that the baby that was meant to be in our family will be a member of your forever family!

Tamra

I don't know if other agencies have orientation classes or not, but I bet they are nothing like Abrazo's orientation weekend. They do such a good job of getting you going on the road to adoption and opening eyes to open adoption. It's a very powerful weekend (a personal touch is just an understatement). :)