The Grandma Sharron Report

moorekid

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Well one thing I have learned, what ever the time frame is a doctor gives you-don't believe him. I'm 5 weeks post op and now being told that my 2 weks and back to normal is not true and I'm not a happy camper. I'm back at school and doing everything I can to get thru a day. Doctor says it will take about 6months to be pain free. WOW what happned to my two weeks ? But I am woman hear me roar-I can do it. God Bless my family.

Thanks for listening,

Gram Sharron

PS Looking forward to the Jersey Reunion and seeing everyone there.

HURRAY FOR GRANDMA SHARRON! So glad you're back in the saddle, dear friend, even if you're still not pain-free and feeling like yourself just yet. Just can't keep a good woman down-- you're living proof! Here's hoping your recovery is full and ahead of schedule, and that the pain will soon be a distant memory. We love you and continue to cheer you on-- GO, GRANDMA!!! Here's to you!

Glad to hear you are up and about. I agree with you about the predictions of Doctors. Sometimes they are WAAAYYYYYY off in their assessments of healing time or even life expectancy, etc... I know they try to give time based on experience, but every person is so different, it makes the job of predicting so difficult. We will be praying for your speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you at the NJ reunion.

Dan, Erika, Danny & Matthew

Elizabeth and Ericka,

Thank you so much for the confidence boost. I just refuse to give into this whole experience. I just thank God for my family for being there for me and never leaving my side and also for great friends like you all for your prayers and support.

God Bless,

Sharron

• 1 month later...

Can I tell you what a chill I get when I meet an Abrazo family member and they say oh! your Gram Sharron. It makes me proud even though I know usually I am the oldest person in the room and I must be a grandmother by elimination but hey who cares. I love the opportunity to be with such wonderful caring people and glad I can be a part of something so unique and special.

Abby is nineteen months old now and I could just look at her all day and I'm lucky that I'm only down the road so I do for the most part see her everyday, she has brought such joy to me and Papa Jack who I might add is so in love and a total mush over her. Soon we will be done with school and it will be beach time with Abby in tow I can't wait.

My health has slowed me down a bit but can say for certain I'm starting to feel like my young self again, just need that sun on my face and salt water on my feet and I will be better in a heartbeat.

Well I've rambled enough I just wanted to say hi and let you know whats being going on with me. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to something wonderful in your lives.

God Bless,

Gram Sharron

• 1 month later...

So much time has passed since my last post and I feel like I've missed so much. So let me catch you up on what's been going on with me. My sweet Abigail is growing so fast she is now almost 21 months old and is to smart! She has been walking since she was 10 months old so because of that now runs so fast she can't stop herself, she also started to talk very early so now is doing very well in that area also. She has her Papa right where she wants him wrapped around that cute little finger of hers just the way she likes it. And of course I might add Papa loves it.

Still struggling a bit with my health issues but progressing nicely the doctors say so I can't ask for more then that. Enjoying my summer off from school with Colleen,Abby and my now retired husband. Abby loves the beach so we do a lot of that ,there's nothing better then the Jersey shore.

Have a great summer Y'all.

Gram Sharron

• 1 month later...

Well here I am again time has passed so quickly this summer and now I'm back at school. Colleen Abby and myself had a great summer. Spent time on the beach and just loved watching Abby as she grows to love life. My grandson Shaun is just adorable also, there is two months between the two and Abby really shows him who's older all the time. I really don't know how mothers do it that have their children close together my two are nine years apart, when the two grands are here together my head spins. But I love it.

So on that note I wish you all a wonderful full.

Love,

Gram Sharron

• 1 month later...

Where does the time go I ask? Let me catch up... Abby was two this past Saturday and had a blast at her Mickey party. She now talks in sentences and really is very funny and a bit impish to say the least. She gives her Mom and Dad a run for it all the time. And my grandson Shaun is trying in earnest to catch up to Abby but has not succeeded yet.

I can't believe it is almost the holiday season already.. where does the time go? I have had some more health issues that have slowed me down a bit and I'm not happy about it at all but Lord willing it won't go on for much longer.

Well that's just a bit of my life these days. Wishing a very happy and healthy Fall to Y'ALL.

How wonderful to hear from you, Grandma Sharron-- you've definitely been missed!!

Sending lotsa love to you and the Big Guy, as well as Abby and her dear parents...

• 2 months later...

Happy 2009

The holidays have come and gone and all I can say is WOW!!! I had almost forgotten what a special time it can be when you add young children into the picture. Abigail and Shaun are both 2yrs old now and have boundless energy and add Christmas into that-double WOW!!!!

My prayer for all of you is that you have a wonderful new year filled with love of family and friends,laughter, and health.

God Bless,

Gram Sharron

• 2 months later...

Hi Gram Sharron. I saw a beautiful picture of Tom and Colleen and Abigail today.....I hope your year has been filled with love, friends, laughter and good health too! :D