Baby Announcements 2008

Stork Central

May you always stick together

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful announcement! We congratulate everyone involoved in this precious little ones' life! Blessings to you all!

What a precious blessing. Welcome to the world little one, welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood, Suzi and Ben. Welcome to open adoption and blessings to the brave birthmom of the precious little one who is loved by all.

Suzi and Ben, we have been waiting for this announcement! What a wonderful day it is for you but I understand the bittersweetness of it all. Prayers for C and her newly expanded family! Enjoy these first few days together. They go by so very quickly.

What exciting news! Congratulations Suzi and Ben!

Heather

Suzi and Ben,

CONGRATULATIONS :D HUGS :D CONGRATULATIONS :D !!!!

Can you tell we are happy for Suzi and Ben!! A beginning to a lifetime relationship and new family. Sending prayers and blessings to you all. Keeping C in our prayers for time of healing and peace.

Love,

Tracey

Thank you all for your well wishes. I love the posts that he is an answer to many prayers. If it takes a village to raise a child - this baby was brought into our family by a whole village, no bigger more like a city, of prayers - our forum family, stickybacks, my large family, Ben's large family, our church family, friends, etc etc just baffling and humbling to hear sometimes. Thank you all, we love you very much.

It's still kind of unreal after the journey we've been through to get to this point. Especially his name. I've three times picked baby names only to have someone else use them in a way that I just couldn't re-use the names ... a niece named Lillian who looks like me - A nephew named after Ben and the match we had last year used a slight variance on the name we picked for that little girl. I love the name Collin. I have wanted to name a son Collin since high school. I'm pretty sure I made Ben promise that we'd use this name before I would marry him. Edward is for Ben's father (it's his middle name) - a good man - a good example - someone we both love very much. Even amongst the indecision our friend put the name Collin Edward on the original birth certificate - scared me to death that we'd "lose" another name that is so dear to me (not to mention how in love with this baby we are). Mr Collin is surely an answer to prayers and a dream come true.

Yesterday my family buried my cousin's son, 10 year old Tristan who died of cancer. Perhaps affirmation that the Lord opens a window when he closes a door. I think T (as we call him) is Collin's guardian angel.

Yesterday my family buried my cousin's son, 10 year old Tristan who died of cancer. Perhaps affirmation that the Lord opens a window when he closes a door. I think T (as we call him) is Collin's guardian angel.

This brings tears to my eyes, Suzi -- I think it is always meaningful as someone goes to heaven, that another one is given. May Collin bring healing, strength and joy to your family as you all grieve little Tristan who left this earth way too young....

What a special story of the name Collin...

You sound so peaceful and happy...know that we are thinking of you.

PS -- and the photo is adorable!

Susan

There's something to be said for boys and their daddies, and today's placement is a tribute to both, as a loving mother who recognized the importance of good fathers gave her newborn just that, in fulfilling the decision to place her baby boy with a man and his wife who attended our Bald Tires orientation of July, 2008.

She was making the difficult choice for adoption because she wanted her baby to have not one but two doting parents, and she knew firsthand how needed papas are! so when she chose some prospective families with whom to speak and this adoptive-dad-to-be was the first to call her (even before his wife was available to talk on the phone), this birthmom knew she'd found the right home for her son, with parents who would be equally committed in nurturing him from the very start.

Our heartfelt congratulations to all the proud parents of this tiny boy; may he grow up knowing and adoring each of them, for the very special people they are.

Surely a match made in heaven! And I'm sure Tristan is looking down in awe of his aunt, uncle, and baby Collin. Joy in the midst of sadness. Adoption and then some. Thank goodness for baby boys! Congratulations to everyone.

Wow, two placements!

Congratulations Suzi and Ben. How wonderful for you-- but I am sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin's son. May God be with your whole family new and existing.

Congratulations to today's new family, too!

November is a great time to spend in Texas!

Edited by Todd and Eileen

congratulations david and tammy, blessing to the baby's first mama.

P.S. Eileen, 6 years ago we got the chance to spend time in TX during Nov. and it was wonderful!

:D:D:D:D

I'm right there with you guys! November/Thanksgiving was the BEST time to be in San Antonio (of course year round in Texas aint too bad either!)

Congrats to David and Tammy! We are so happy for all of you!