Baby Announcements 2008

Stork Central

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark and Laurie,

WOW the twisty roads and detours really are only preparation for God's plan. He knew Bailey's little sister would need to come home someday and so several years ago your travels wavered and went as they did. Congratulations on the new member of your family. What a wonderful blessing you have been given! May God hold Bailey and little sister's first mom close and whisper courage and love as she heals.

Jean

I have to say Bailey brought sweet tears to my eyes yesterday. After getting home from work, she comes in and pulls the blanket off the the crib and starts carrying it around asking me to hold and rock her. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was "payin' with sister" (playing with sister). I was rocking with her and when Mark came through he asked what she was holding she said, "sister's bankit" in her sweet little voice. I couldn't help but shed a few tears. It could have just been end-of-the-day fatigue.

Mark and Laurie,

I bounced back on a thread to catch up on your journey and found the above post. Seems like Ms. Bailey knew all along what the outcome would be. Didn't she talk about a baby sister a few times without really knowing what was going on? I guess she heard the angels whispering. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you as you embark on yet another wonderful adoption journey.

I have to say Bailey brought sweet tears to my eyes yesterday. After getting home from work, she comes in and pulls the blanket off the the crib and starts carrying it around asking me to hold and rock her. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was "payin' with sister" (playing with sister). I was rocking with her and when Mark came through he asked what she was holding she said, "sister's bankit" in her sweet little voice. I couldn't help but shed a few tears. It could have just been end-of-the-day fatigue.

Mark and Laurie,

I bounced back on a thread to catch up on your journey and found the above post. Seems like Ms. Bailey knew all along what the outcome would be. Didn't she talk about a baby sister a few times without really knowing what was going on? I guess she heard the angels whispering. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you as you embark on yet another wonderful adoption journey.

There is no doubt in mind. My mind also flashes back to several instances like this one over the past 3 months. The most treasured are the out-of-the-blue mentions of baby sister in her little prayers before bed. I also remember our first mention of having a sister and her response to my question of what she would do with her sister - "I laugh". And so today we laugh with joy. :)

Mark and Laurie,

There is no doubt in mind. My mind also flashes back to several instances like this one over the past 3 months. The most treasured are the out-of-the-blue mentions of baby sister in her little prayers before bed. I also remember our first mention of having a sister and her response to my question of what she would do with her sister - "I laugh". And so today we laugh with joy. :)

This brings me chills! I too, remember you posting about these comments from Bailey. Funny how our kids have a sense... We laugh with you too, Laurie...

Wow! Bailey's comments about her sister before she even arrived also gives me chills. Those sweet girls were meant to be together and here they are! What a miracle for all to witness!

Congratulations Mark, Laurie and Big Sister Bailey. And welcome to another Lubbock Abrazo Baby!

What a blessing to be able to raise your two girls together and be reunited with their firstmom, too. Oh the joys that open adoption can bring, even in the midst of confusion and loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

A little over a trimester ago, a teen mother contacted Abrazo about wanting to find a good home for her baby boy, whom she loved dearly but for whom she could barely provide.

She was scared, overwhelmed, and weary. She explored the open adoption option, meeting with our counselors and attending our support group. She even spoke with one of Abrazo's waiting families, but ultimately, elected to give parenting one more try. She just had to know that she'd tried everything she could, in whatever time she had.

Before long, she came to realize that her life's circumstances would not change fast enough to meet the needs of her growing son. And thus, today, she made the most bittersweet decision of her life; to enable him to become someone else's son... forever.

For she'd never forgotten the kind couple she'd spoken with back in April, those childless graduates of our MamaPapaTents orientation weekend of 3/08. In her mind, growing up with them as his parents meant giving her fourteen-month-old baby boy the very best home that he ever could have.

It's a huge expectation to live up to, of course, but we're certain these proud new parents are up to the challenge! And we wish them, their new son, his first mama and the loving local couple who helped watch over him from before his birth all the best. (Including the kind of close, loving friendship that makes everyone want to go out camping together!) Blessings, all! May the future shine bright for each one of you!

Prayers and blessings going up for all involved! Cannot wait to hear all of the details!

Susan

For a big hint, check out the profiles in the gallery!! Congrats to the blessed couple and continued prayers for this sweet boys' first momma...

Congratulations to the new family!!!

May this little boy only know love! Welcome little tent!

Congrats to the new parents and prayers for his first momma.

Hugs to all,

Tracey