Baby Announcements 2008

Stork Central

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I believe. I believe in the sun. I believe in the sun for good reason. I am...of the Kiowa nation, and the Kiowas are children of the sun. One of the most sacred and revered stories in Kiowa oral tradition is that of a woman who married the sun. On the Great Plains is the sun most god-like. It looms eternal in the atmosphere of Oklahma. Rainy Mountain is an ancient sentinel of the sun. When the Kiowas came down from the north hundreds of years: ago, they ended their journey there. Rainy Mountain became the center of their world. It is said that whenever they camped there it rained. But I think it was the sun, the sun appearing through the mists of rain and rising to a brilliant eminence above the clouds and above the whole of the land, that struck wonder in them and held them in thrall. Even now, in that place, is it so for me. There do I believe in the sun."

-- N. Scott Momaday, author of Sunrise at Rainy Mountain

For all the "sturm und drang" of life, at Abrazo, we too believe! and today, we've surely witnessed a solar eclipse of the baby sort, as the clouds moved aside to let the sun illuminate the future of one very much loved and blessed baby girl! Her birthmother lovingly entrusted her to the care of her chosen adoptive family ten days ago, but nothing more could be done, under ICWA regulations, until this sunshine-filled day, when there's not a cloud in our big, blue, Texas sky! So, huge hugs and an overdue welcome, to this tiniest new child of the son, her proud new parents (graduates of our Wanna Ohana! orientation of 8/07), her enraptured "big" 'lil brother (also a Texas-born Abrazotot), and her oh-so-dear birthfamily.

May the Son continue to shine upon each of them, cutting through the mist and holding all forever in thrall.

So, huge hugs and an overdue welcome, to this tiniest new child of the son, her proud new parents (graduates of our Wanna Ohana! orientation of 8/07), her enraptured "big" 'lil brother (also a Texas-born Abrazotot), and her oh-so-dear birthfamily.

Congrats to the Wanna Ohanna family on their newest addition!

Congratulations to the newest family of four, and loving prayers for this precious girl's first family. May all your days radiate with warmth and love.

Congratulations of becoming a family of four!!!! Many blessings to come!

what a beautiful family! congratulations on your bundle of pink!!!

Congratulations

John, Nina, Hendrick and sweet little Sophie (we love the name)

May she bring you as much joy as our little Sophie has brought us.

Congratulations

Wendy and Jason

Congrats.... Can't wait to see her at the NJ Reunion.