Godparents

LIZA

Hi all,

My name is Liza, I live in Mexico City and am about to become the godmother of an angel.

It all started some time ago when Fabi and Paul (aunt and uncle) told me about their decision of adopting. I totally supported them since the beginning of this journey. Then, I won't forget that morning, Fabi sent me an e-mail honoring me to be the godmother. It was a great day for me :D

Fabi has always been my older sister; we grew up together in Mexico. She took me to my first rock concert; she taught me how to write essays, she has always supported me and further more she has been my example to follow in life.

Fabi then left home to study her Master's in DC. There she met Paul. Paul & I met when I spent my summer in DC in a summer course. We then became very good friends!!! ;) We made grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and watched horror movies... that was fun!!!

So, as you can see it is really a honor for me to be the godmother of Fabi & Paul's little angel.

I can't wait to welcome Ciampoli's baby in the family, or as we say in Mexico "nuestro bodoque".

:lol:

Welcome Liza!!

My husband and I are part of Fabi and Paul's orientation group. They are such a cute couple and will make wonderful parents!

I can't wait to rejoice with them and with you when they take placement of their angel!

Welcome, Liza! My husband and I were in Mexico City in June, our second trip there together. This time, we explored Coyoacan more and really enjoyed it. We loved the mercado there.

Being a godmother is wonderful. I adore my goddaughter, who will be 7 years old tomorrow. Congratulations!

Best, Kay

I have always thought there is a special connection between children and Godparents. I unfortunately never got to know my Godmother as it was a distant relative who is now deceased, but I am very close with my Godfather who is one of my uncles in Dallas :)

Peace,

-A

Hi all thank you so much on the warm welcome.

I am also looking forward to be a godmother.

And please, if you are planning a trip to Mexico don't hesitate to contact me :rolleyes: I would gladly show you around!

WOW, That's my favorite niece Lizzy-the-lizzard. And that's Paul and I on the picture! Everyone, meet Liza! She's going to be an amazing "madrina" (godmother) for our little one. We have an 11-year old niece Carla, and Liza has always been a great big-cousin to her. Gotta go to work onthat profile now!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Liza! You'll find being a Godparent is the most wonderful experience. My husband and I were blessed to become godparents 3 times before we were placed with our own special angel. Our oldest Godchild is now 6 yrs old and she connects with us in a special way. She even calls Lucas her "godbrother". It is so cute! I have always felt like it is like having a parent type connection. Its been wonderful. Blessings to you!

Bridget

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi all!!!

Just a quick note to wish you a Merry Xmas and the best for 2008 =)

Hugs & Kisses

Our little Nicolas gets baptized on a very special day, Easter Sunday, March 23, 2008 at the St. Josephs Catholic Church downtown San Antonio, Texas. Its the Church that people refer to as the old St. Joskes Church. I LOVE this old Gothic style church. We are very fortunate to have our friends Tom & Kathy Singh be his Godparents for Baptism. We are so very honored because they were the ones that intoduced us to Abrazo....and if it weren't for them ......we wouldn't have our special Angel .....Nicolas

Edited by jc&saint

How is Liza - our newest Godmother these days?

• 1 month later...

Hello Heidi! Thanks for asking about Liza, she is actually in Washington, DC with us right now. She arrived a week and a half a go and is here for a week and a half more. She was kind enough to take all her vacation time for this year to come help us take care of Mikey. She has been AMAZING with Mikey, very loving and teaching him new things. She sings to him, plays with him and just in general she loves this child very much. THis week she has been teaching him to play peek-a-boo. Mikey in turn, seems to love her very much too. He is quite happy with her.

I'm back at work part-time but it's a tremendous peace of mind to know that our child is in good hands while Paul and I are at work. And on the days that I stay home, the three of us just have a lot of fun. We've been to the mall, to Babies-R-Us and the whole family (Paul, Mikey, Liza and I) went for a great, long walk to the National Mall on Saturday when the weather in DC was so nice.

I truly didn't know that my favorite niece would have such a good hand with babies. I'll tell her to post a message and tell you all how she's enjoying her time with her godson.

Edited by waitingforanangel

Today was a very special day for our family and especially Serenity Nicole. Nicole was baptized on October 10, 2007 when hospitalized for an infection. My brother and significant other were to be her Godparent's, so we planned that we would celebrate her Baptism and 1st Birthday together when they were able to come down from Boston. Today, we celebrated Nicole's Baptism at church and included her Birthparent's in a very special prayer. We thanked them for giving her life and in turn allowing us to be her parents. What an emotional day... it was just beautiful. She was spoiled with love!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Nicolas!!! I can't wait to celebrate Mikey's baptism, it will be here in Mexico with all his family - Rodriguez and Ciampoli. It's going to be a real big event! :lol:

Congrats Nicole!!!

I am sure your godparents will spoil and love you a lot!!!

We are also considering the option of celebrating Mikey's baptism and 1st year, specially because the finalization would take a while and until then, Mikey can not travel to Mexico. So we thought to make the celebration even bigger!