LIGHT A CANDLE

Lighting a candle tonight in the memory of Benazir Bhutto, who met a tragic end on December 27, 2007 when she was assassinated in the same city in which her father was hanged, 28 years ago.

Bhutto was an amazing woman who was (in my opinion) Pakistan's greatest hope for a return to democracy, and she consistently demonstrated courage, grace and strength.

I am praying for Bhutto's husband and children, for the hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis whose hopes were dashed when she was killed, and for the families of the twenty Bhutto supporters, who were also killed in the attack, when her assassin blew himself up.

May God bring some good out of this evil, and peace out of the current unrest in that volatile country.

Lighting a candle tonight in the memory of Benazir Bhutto, who met a tragic end on December 27, 2007 when she was assassinated in the same city in which her father was hanged, 28 years ago.

Bhutto was an amazing woman who was (in my opinion) Pakistan's greatest hope for a return to democracy, and she consistently demonstrated courage, grace and strength.

I am praying for Bhutto's husband and children, for the hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis whose hopes were dashed when she was killed, and for the families of the twenty Bhutto supporters, who were also killed in the attack, when her assassin blew himself up.

May God bring some good out of this evil, and peace out of the current unrest in that volatile country.

Amen.

Lighting four candles in memory of the four precious children (ages 4 months - 3 years) whose daddy threw them off the bridge in southern Alabama yesterday, and another two for their parents, each of whom must be suffering immeasurable pain and loss today: God Be With His Littlest Ones. What a tragedy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have and will keep the mini candle for my birthmom! on my desktop!! As a constant reminder of the loving yet difficult decision she choose to make!!

I have and will keep the mini candle for my birthmom! on my desktop!! As a constant reminder of the loving yet difficult decision she choose to make!!

We also went from 3 to 34 candles in less than 24 hrs!! !-) Very encouraging!!

• 3 weeks later...

Lighting a candle today for a family friend, Dr. Al Tolbert, who joined the Church Triumphant yesterday, for his dear wife Theresa and for the beloved children and grandchildren he leaves behind... may he rest in peace and may they find comfort in their memories of the sentimental journey they once shared with him.