Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Oh it breaks my heart to think of this little baby sitting alone in a hospital for his first Christmas. :( Thank you ladies for going to visit him!

Heather

The little guy is holding his own, and we are still waiting on a forever family to appear for him... thanks for asking!

Not a one. :(

Please, if you can find it in your heart to provide this needy child a loving home or if you can help us find someone who will... Join us in our mission to get him home in 2008-- wherever that may be.

The hospital social worker who referred his birthparents to Abrazo did so knowing that the other local agencies would likely advise them just to abandon their precious baby to the State.

We, however, believe every little one deserves a forever family. Help us make it so!

We are still praying for this little guy's forever family to arrive, sooner than later.

Elizabeth, I don't know if you want to write a little info on the little guy and we could copy and paste and send it out to our social workers or other adoption groups that we know of.

Willing to help.

Heather :)

Elizabeth,

Have you been in contact with any of the following?

The Coalition for Dwarf Advocacy was formed by Matt Roloff of the TV show Little People, Big World. http://www.coda-lp.org/index.html

They have a request online specifically asking "Do you know of a little person or their family who needs help?" I'd think they'd be worth contacting. From what I've seen from the media coverage and tv show, this is something they may be able to help with; both in finding adoptive parents and helping to fund medical expenses, etc. The agency does not place parents, but they may have a network of contacts that can lead to a good match.

http://www.coda-lp.org/contact.html

Also, on the LPA site, they list children waiting for adoption. Most the children are toddlers or older, so maybe a little baby could find a home more quickly.

http://www.lpaonline.org/mc/page.do?sitePa...8&orgId=lpa

I found online: LPA's National Adoption Coordinator is Colleen Gioffreda.

lp_adoption@yahoo.com, or by telephone at (443) 676-0186.

Just thinking about the little guy,

Carine

Thank you, Carine... Angela has been contacting these resources as well as other agencies from coast to coast; one of our former board members (Ruth Stratton, who also worked on staff while I was on maternity leave) is a member of the LPA organization, and she has been helping with this case as well.

Good detective work Carine. :D Hopefully these contacts and the contacts that Angela and Ruth are making will find this sweet boy a loving home.

Thank you, Carine... Angela has been contacting these resources as well as other agencies from coast to coast; one of our former board members (Ruth Stratton, who also worked on staff while I was on maternity leave) is a member of the LPA organization, and she has been helping with this case as well.

That's great! I'll send out a big wish for the little guy.

- Carine

I was talking to a freind last night and telling her about this little boy and she told me a story of a friend of her's who had a child who was born as a dwarf. The family decided to give him shots or medication that would help him to grow and she said he ended being the size of his cousins. This was 30 years ago. I was so amazed. The only thing was that this child could not have his own children and at the time the treatments were very expensive.

Heather

Only that the hospital called our office three times today wanting to know if they could release him to our care today or tomorrow, and we kept having to admit to them that we do not yet have a homestudy-ready family for him. (And apparently the Little People of America already have such a long waiting list of children in need of placement, Angela has had a dickens of a time getting anyone from there to return her calls.) :(

Thank you for keeping him in your prayers. In a world full of folks who "just want a child to love" it's sad to think we know of no one who is prepared to welcome this little boy into their home at this time.

Oh that just breaks my heart. I'm sure so many are scared of the multitude of medical complications this little guy has right now, but most of those are temporary. I pray this little boy finds a family to love him!! Where I used to work, there was a wonderful foster mom who thrived for these special children. She kept 5 special needs children (at a time) with the help of her husband and grown children. All of her kids were the most beautiful, respectful, sweet kids because they received the gift of family love.

Elizabeth,

Is there anything that we can do (besides pray) to help this little angel find a home? Can we send monetary donations so that he can stay in Abrazo foster care once he's discharged? Are there phone calls that we can help make or emails that we can write to help put the word out about this little sweetie? Do you have any pictures of him that we might be able to post? Can we contact adoption agencies in our home towns to see if there are any families able to provide him a home? What are his medical details, does he require special care once he is released from the hospital? Please let us know what we can do to help give this little boy a great start.

I agree. I'd like to help. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

As mentioned, information to put together a quick email would be great for distribution to friends, associates and agencies/organizations in our home states. I don't mind laying out a cute word document/pdf attachment that we can use. I'd just need the details, etc to put it together.

Or, do you prefer not to disclose too much until an interested party is involved?

Please pass along some baby kisses.

Carine