Nursery Notes

Stork Central

How soon can we adopt again??? We would love to give Jordyn a baby brother or sister!! Is this even a possibility?

Hoping this is a possibility!!

How soon can we adopt again??? We would love to give Jordyn a baby brother or sister!! Is this even a possibility?

ditto!!!!

ditto!!!!

Ditto?! Dyna... have you kept that home study fresh?! Ready to ride the roller coaster again and get Ty a baby sibling? :)

One needs only to have finalized one adoption before starting another (unless the children are biologically related). The "Petition to Adopt" requires proof that the child being adopted has already resided in the home for at least 6 months (unless a judge waives that requirement.)

We would love to see Jordyn become a big sister one day! (Many birth parents, however, are reluctant to consider adoptive families with other young babies in the home, for fear that the parents' energies, attention and means may already be limited.)

One needs only to have finalized one adoption before starting another (unless the children are biologically related). The "Petition to Adopt" requires proof that the child being adopted has already resided in the home for at least 6 months (unless a judge waives that requirement.)

We would love to see Jordyn become a big sister one day! (Many birth parents, however, are reluctant to consider adoptive families with other young babies in the home, for fear that the parents' energies, attention and means may already be limited.)

We are so close to finalization but not close enough for this baby I. We completely understand their concern. Its far from easy having a baby but wow is it amazing! We know more than ever now that its all in God's hands and when and if He has younger siblings in store for sweet Jordyn it will all be in His perfect timing. Until then we are thankful for every second with our precious miracle. Sending prayers to this family for peace and guidance in all decisions made.

• Upvote 3

Keeping expectant mom and family in my prayers that their needs be fulfilled and a wonderful home found for this unborn babe and

become a future forever family.

Thank you, all. The expectant mom delivered without any adoptive family in place and hence, decided to send the baby home with the alleged father. We hope this works out in the best interests of the baby.

Bummer.

My thoughts, exactly. Some baby-daddies are well-prepared... this one doesn't appear to be, but here's hoping his family helps out.

:( Praying this family can get ready quickly and loves this baby to the fullest.

Thanks for the update on this baby!

Wow. I hope this baby gets settled with Dad without too many hurdles. And hopefuly this new mom shared your number with him, just in case.

Elizabeth - I don't envy your job and how many times you must see babies who deserve it all leave the hospital and enter into very tenuous futures. We visited Charlie's birthfamily this weekend and his first cousin (who is only 1) seems to be shuffled between adults without much plan or stability for her over the long-term. I feel helpless, so I can only imagine seeing that a lot. Keep us posted if things change for this precious boy!

Praying for this father and son. Hoping it works out for them. Hope they have Abrazo's number just in case rhey change their mimds. If they aren't hesitant to place with a family who has a five month old we'd love to be a part of this family.

• Upvote 1

Praying God hears all prayers for this baby boy and his father!

• 4 months later...

Abrazo is seeking a very special family for a very special baby...

He is 9 days old, of African-American descent and has hydranencephaly. He had a shunt operation yesterday morning, and may be ready for hospital discharge as early as next week.

This is a special needs placement, and any interested families should be aware of the challenges this condition may present: http://www.hydranencephalyfoundation.org/about.html. (See also: http://braydenalexanderfoundation.blogspot.com/ and http://www.hydranencephaly.jigsy.com/.)

Please contact Stacy Levinson at 210-342-5683 for more information.

• 3 months later...

An expectant mother due next month who has used marijuana during pregnancy is seeking to match with a childless Hispanic couple (who is not already part of Abrazo's program). If you know of a homestudy-ready Hispanic couple with big hearts who would qualify to be part of Abrazo's community and might be open to such an opportunity, please have them forward their completed homestudy and profile ("Dear Birthparent" letter) to Stacy at Abrazo, ASAP!

I know the perfect family is out there for her and her baby!

Prayers for this expectant mom and baby.