Nursery Notes

Stork Central

I know your encouragement will mean alot to Angela and Pamela, in particular, because the two of them have been challenged daily by this case... Angela has been having to call and explain and re-explain the child's needs to various adoption resources and placement possibilities across the country, interpreting Texas' adoption standards and figuring out who would need to have what done and how soon to make this happen... meanwhile, the ever-patient Pamela has been fielding angry phone calls from the hospital social worker, who (nice as she is) just cannot understand what is taking so long to get a family here and get this baby discharged?!

We so appreciate the hospital's faith in us, that their worker thinks we can get any child placed "right away" but it just isn't that easy! Special needs placements done across state lines entail a million other details that must be worked out, from medical transport to subsidy to Compact to insurance issues. So every time Pamela gets dressed down, she slinks into Angela's office and sighs "any news, yet?" and Angela, who doesn't want to rush the poor folks who need time to think it all over, has to be the voice of reason, even though all of us are more than ready to celebrate the completion of this placement, for this dear child's sake!!

The family we're currently hoping will move forward has several children with similar diagnoses, and we're beseeching God to please clear the way for them to come to Texas by Monday and make this little boy their own?

Elizabeth just reading your post gives me chills. Please tell Pamela and Angela thank you for all of their efforts and for being so dedicated to finding the right placement for this special little one. His life has already started out with so much love and he doesn't even know it yet! Adding prayers for the couple who are attempting to take him home, God bless these people and clear their path. And God bless the hospital staff that they may have patience and continue to give such loving care to this child.

Thank you, all... unfortunately, the MN family withdrew themselves from consideration late yesterday, due to work concerns. :(

But Auntie Ang says she's not giving up her search to find this little guy a loving home, not just yet...

A friend of mine told me that she saw an episode of Little People, Big World where Matt Roloff was talking about how his coalition CODA Coalition for Dwarf Advocacy actually helped to "facilitate" adoptions of little persons. They helped with the medical costs and with finding families to take placement of these precious children. I was wondering if Angela had any luck getting ahold of him to see if they had any ideas?

We will all be rejoicing when this little boy finds a home with people who love him!!! My heart is heavy with worry for him but I am trusting that God will lead Auntie Ang down the right road. Please God lead the way and provide opportunities for this sweet soul.

Thank you, all... unfortunately, the MN family withdrew themselves from consideration late yesterday, due to work concerns. :(

But Auntie Ang says she's not giving up her search to find this little guy a loving home, not just yet...

RATS!

Prayers for the perfect family for this little man to come home to soon.

Praying that Angela finds the perfect family for this sweet baby or that they appear to our Abrazo ladies soon. I know you all have been working hard to find him a family that will love him and snuggle him. Praying that all of your persitance and love for this child pays off soon with a family to call his very own.

God bless.

Bridget

This baby boy has touched mine and Keith's hearts forever. We pray everyday he finds his foever family soon.I so wish there was something we could do!!!