Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Hi, Sherrie, Paul & Michelle! Sherrie, I've been out the last couple of days so feel free to call the girls in the office and ask about the birthmom you're hoping to speak with. Paul & Michelle, as for the November 10 posting, I'm happy to report that we have matched the birthmom expecting the biracial baby girl in December and she's meeting her new adoptive family this weekend; the Anglo twin case is fixing to match any day now; and the toddler-and-baby case resulted in a happy homecoming just last week! Thanks for asking, y'all! smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Sherrie, Paul & Michelle! Sherrie, I've been out the last couple of days so feel free to call the girls in the office and ask about the birthmom you're hoping to speak with. Paul & Michelle, as for the November 10 posting, I'm happy to report that we have matched the birthmom expecting the biracial baby girl in December and she's meeting her new adoptive family this weekend; the Anglo twin case is fixing to match any day now; and the toddler-and-baby case resulted in a happy homecoming just last week! Thanks for asking, y'all!  smile.gif

12466[/snapback]

Hey Elizabeth, What happened to the birthmom that was having twins? Has she matched with anyone? We will see you in 2 weeks. We are so excited and eager to do this again. laugh.gif

Here's the latest on those November postings... the baby girl due in December went home with a loving family of Abrazo againers as noted in our Baby Announcements (congrats, Starfish!)... the twins were born healthy last week but had unfortunately not matched with an Abrazo family so the birthmom relinquished to an attorney's office instead... the birthmom due in January did not hear from interested parents so made other plans... the toddler is thriving in his new home and they are eagerly anticipating his baby brother, due in a couple of months... the male twins are still with their birthmom awaiting a response... and the birthmom expecting the baby boy in March just began talking with a couple who's coming into Abrazo's program this month. Thanks for asking!

• 5 months later...

Recently, Abrazo has had a number of requests for couples open to biracial (Anglo+African- American, or Hispanic+African-American) infants due between July and November. Several birthmoms are particularly interested in interracial couples. If you know of any folks who fit this description and are looking to adopt, please pass the word along: we'd like to talk with them!

Also needed for our July and September orientations: childless Texas couples, especially those open to children of full Hispanic descent. For more information, contact Angela or Renee at Abrazo.

Hola, amigo! If you're a Hispanic or Anglo-Hispanic couple living in Texas and looking to adopt, we've got some birthmoms who are looking for you (or families like yours!) Please call Angela or Renee at the agency (210/342-5683) to say "si, quieres bambinos!" smile.gif

• 8 months later...

It's a unique case opportunity that would require a very special family; Abrazo is seeking a loving home for 5 (count them: five!) full siblings (three girls, two boys) ranging in age from 18 months to five-and-a-half.

The children are Anglo-Hispanic and have been homeless for eight months; their 23-year-old birthmom loves them tremendously but has been the victim of domestic violence and cannot provide for her children and wants better for them.

An open adoption is very important to her and would likewise be essential to the best interests of these precious children. These siblings must be placed together. This case would qualify for Abrazo's special needs program, given that it entails more than three children being placed together and may also be eligible for the state adoption subsidy program, as well.

Interested families with completed homestudies are asked to contact Angela at 210/342-5683. Please keep these children and their parents in your prayers!

I pray these children are placed soon and in the very best home for them.

I vote for weadoptedthree!!

She has a lot of experience with this whole sibling group thing!!

And after all her three can feed and clothe themselves! smile.gif

But on a serious note, I pray for the right family for this very courageous BP.

Funny you should say that Toni! tongue.gif I gave it a fleeting (very, very fleeting) thought (don't ever tell my husband that, he would really think I was out of my mind!), but then wished I knew somebody who would be lucky enough to take these babies into their lives. Unfortunately I don't, but I'm sure the good Lord has someone in mind. happy.gif

Edited by weadoptedthree

Also needed: a childless couple OR mixed race family with no more than one child already, for a darling five-month-old Anglo/African-American baby girl whose birthmom wishes to keep in touch, both for her sake and that of the sons she is continuing to parent on her own. (Bmom had planned to place this child at the time of the birth but was pressured by relatives to abandon the plan she now knows was surely the better choice for her daughter's future.) We salute her courage and her maturity, and hope to find her the kind of adoptive family who can wholeheartedly do the same!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a call this week from a single mother in north Texas who has been desperately searching for an agency that can help her find a loving family for her two (Anglo) children, a boy (age 11) and a girl (age 8). We told her that we do not have any families at present who are waiting for school-aged children, but that if we can find some, we'd be more than happy to help her... can anyone out there help us help them?

We had a call this week from a single mother in north Texas who has been desperately searching for an agency that can help her find a loving family for her two (Anglo) children, a boy (age 11) and a girl (age 8).  We told her that we do not have any families at present who are waiting for school-aged children, but that if we can find some, we'd be more than happy to help her... can anyone out there help us help them?

33789[/snapback]

I would try A Childs Waiting, Crissy Bessemer-Kolarik. They are located in Ohio but recruit nationwide. They may have a waiting family for Bmom. They also have a website.

Thanks, osa25! We have gotten several calls of interest and passed the information along to the birthmom, but we'll give her your referral, as well, if the present inquiries don't work out for her. Abrazo is fortunate to have a large national network of colleagues and resources to call on, but obviously, we like to think that Abrazo's families are the very BEST choice! and in most cases, we dare to say, that's not just agency bias on our part. smile.gif

• 1 month later...
It's a unique case opportunity that would require a very special family; Abrazo is seeking a loving home for 5 (count them: five!) full siblings (three girls, two boys) ranging in age from 18 months to five-and-a-half.

The children are Anglo-Hispanic and have been homeless for eight months; their 23-year-old birthmom loves them tremendously but has been the victim of domestic violence and cannot provide for her children and wants better for them.

An open adoption is very important to her and would likewise be essential to the best interests of these precious children. These siblings must be placed together. This case would qualify for Abrazo's special needs program, given that it entails more than three children being placed together and may also be eligible for the state adoption subsidy program, as well.

Interested families with completed homestudies are asked to contact Angela at 210/342-5683. Please keep these children and their parents in your prayers!

32122[/snapback]

Have these little ones been placed? I haven't seen any updates on them recently.

C

Thanks for asking... the last we heard, the case had been referred to Child Protective Services.

The birthmom hoping to find an interracial couple for her daughter is still waiting.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate prospective parents for the sibling group of two, so we have referred that birthmother to some other foster care programs.

I hate to admit that. I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to believing there IS a family out there somewhere for every child who needs them, but in our country, children become infinitely less "desirable" once they pass the infancy stage, and that's a shame. Folks usually say "well, next time we'd gladly consider that, but this time, what we really want is a newborn."

Somehow, though, once they get their newborn, "next time" usually brings just another request for the same... sad.gif

How sad sad.gif . I hate the thought of kids needing a family but, there are none to be found. Yet, there are so many people who want children huh.gif . That is really confusing to me. I DON'T get it!

Sabrina

Edited by TeyandTy's Mom

Elizabeth's answer about the five children is below...

Thanks for asking... the last we heard, the case had been referred to Child Protective Services.

41392[/snapback]