Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Dulce is just beautiful and what a joy to hear her Birthmother received the best Christmas gift yet!

• 1 month later...

Our full-service program is in need of families for pending arrivals, who will be infants of biracial (Anglo/African-American OR Hispanic/African-American) descent. At present, we have several birthmothers who are waiting to speak with prospective adoptive families who would be open to either gender; these women are due in February and in early March. Sadly, however, we have no parents-in-waiting at present with whom to set up calls. If you or someone you know is homestudy ready and want/s to be considered, please PM the Stork, ASAP! ;)

Good News! Angela and I are still up at the office... she's graciously offered to give up her Saturday to go meet with our newest birthmom and B.O.G., and I just got off the phone with a wonderful adoptive family from another agency, who's very excited about this possibility!!! but we're still in need of families for our biracial babies due in February/March, as mentioned, and for a full African-American baby boy due in February, so please, send 'em our way if you know good candidates who are homestudy-ready and adoption-eager! Thanks, y'all! :)

That's great news!!!!!!

My goodness do I wish I were ready for number 3!!! (no I am not thinking about it) but, I wish I could!

Thanks for staying late, caring so much and working so hard to do all you can for these babies and families!

Thanks for the update...We've been thinking about this post all day!

Edited by Don&Andrea

That's great news!!!!!!

My goodness do I wish I were ready for number 3!!! (no I am not thinking about it) but, I wish I could!

I WISH I could do it tooo!

• 1 month later...
8 lbs., 2 oz.
19.5 inches long
Born 3/13/07 at 8:45 pm.

Is that your future son you just read about?

If your heart says "yes" (and if
you're homestudy-ready with FBI clearance
and you're ready to embrace a child of any race)
please contact Angela at Abrazo at once!
210/342-5683.

OOOOHHHHH, exciting news!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks to those families who have called this afternoon to inquire about this birthmom and her newborn son. As of lunchtime today, we didn't have any families to put her in touch with, which in turn made her question whether or not placing would be the right decision for her baby, as she didn't want him stuck in foster care. So it does appear at this time that she is pursuing other options. Should things change, I will be in touch with those families who expressed an interest. Thanks again.

Praying for Mama and son!

• 2 months later...

Late last year, we got a call from a desperate mom needing to place her beloved toddler; she was homeless, struggling to get by, and wanted a better life for her child, who was then three years old.

We met with her and her precious little girl, and this mother's devotion to her child was very apparent. However, when we notified the birthdad and his girlfriend, he threatened to fight any adoption plan in court. We advised the birthmom of his opposition and she agreed to let him take the child, instead.

Unfortunately, it appears that he wasn't as ready for fulltime parenting as he'd thought. We received an urgent call from the birthmom tonight, informing us that he has returned her and no longer opposes the idea of adoption, as he too wants their daughter to have more than he can provide. She longs for her child to have the stability of a permanent family who can offer her the security and attention and advantages in life that every child so deserves.

If you or someone you know might be ready to open your heart and your home to a Hispanic preschooler, please call Angela first thing in the morning: 210/342-5683. (Homestudied families only, please, as time is of the essence.)

Wishing this precious little girl a smooth journey to her new destination.

My heart goes out to this little one. We will be praying for her and her birthmom.

This little angel's picture is posted in the gallery. What a sweetie! I'm praying that she finds her family and her family finds her soon!

What a beautiful little girl!!!!!!! Oh how I wish she finds the most perfect home!!!