Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Bumping this up.........any word on this case? I have been prayerful for this angel and his Momma........

Abrazo is seeking a family with lots of faith and high risk tolerance for a case with high health risks-- someone who is truly able to embrace the concept about "hating the sin but loving the sinner."

It involves a loveable, troubled, Anglo birthmother in her twenties, who is herself an adoptee from one of Fort Worth's most prestigious agencies, and who has placed a newborn for adoption here previously.

She is a bright, funny young lady with enormous potential, but has a history of drug use and has resorted to prostitution to support herself. The baby's father and his race are, therefore, unknown.

She is HIV+ and has hepatitis C; whether or not the baby she is carrying will ultimately bear these diagnoses will not be known until long after birth, when the mother's antibodies have been shed from the baby's system.

Due to this mother's legal problems, parenting is not an option and she is aware of this. However, she is going to need to reside in agency housing for several months prior to the birth, so living expenses on this case will be considerable (Medicaid should cover anticipated medical costs.)

She is due in July, and her attorney contacted our agency to request our assistance with placement-planning, as she cannot be released from jail without a suitable housing plan in place.

If you or someone you know feels called to respond to this baby and this birthmother in this hour of need, please contact Angela Martinez, MSW at 210/342-5683, as soon as possible. Thanks!

We are thankful to have received one call inquiring as to this situation, to date...

Continuing to pray for this family!!

Prayers for this family.

Tracey

Just curious how baby Victoria is doing? She was placed last July and I think about her when I see her picture pop up.

Heather :)

Heather, I thought about Victoria when I read that post. She was such a little cutie.

I also still wonder about Ethan and if he ever found a permanant home and family or is stuck in the system somewhere, he's in our prayers.

We are keeping this expecting mom and her baby in our prayers as well.

Jenny

I also still wonder about Ethan and if he ever found a permanant home and family or is stuck in the system somewhere, he's in our prayers.

I was also thinking of him today. His picture remains etched in my head. I think because he reminded me of my son. I also pray he is not stuck in the system! I pray he quickly found a forever home. What a sweet little angel.

Michigan officials are desperately searching for an adoptive family in that region who could offer a loving home to a sibling group of six, ranging in age from 3 to 14: Can You Help Make a Miracle Happen?

Spread the word!

I've also been wondering about these children and thinking of them often. Is there an update?

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Contnuing to lift up this Mother and her baby and praying for a family to welcome them both.....

Abrazo is seeking a family with lots of faith and high risk tolerance for a case with high health risks-- someone who is truly able to embrace the concept about "hating the sin but loving the sinner."

It involves a loveable, troubled, Anglo birthmother in her twenties, who is herself an adoptee from one of Fort Worth's most prestigious agencies, and who has placed a newborn for adoption here previously.

She is a bright, funny young lady with enormous potential, but has a history of drug use and has resorted to prostitution to support herself. The baby's father and his race are, therefore, unknown.

She is HIV+ and has hepatitis C; whether or not the baby she is carrying will ultimately bear these diagnoses will not be known until long after birth, when the mother's antibodies have been shed from the baby's system.

Due to this mother's legal problems, parenting is not an option and she is aware of this. However, she is going to need to reside in agency housing for several months prior to the birth, so living expenses on this case will be considerable (Medicaid should cover anticipated medical costs.)

She is due in July, and her attorney contacted our agency to request our assistance with placement-planning, as she cannot be released from jail without a suitable housing plan in place.

If you or someone you know feels called to respond to this baby and this birthmother in this hour of need, please contact Angela Martinez, MSW at 210/342-5683, as soon as possible. Thanks!

I hope when you read the Nursery notes you find it in your heart to give a child a home. I'm glad we did as she has given us so much in return.

It is not always what you give them as they give you soooo much more.

Children are a blessing at any age!

• 1 month later...
Contnuing to lift up this Mother and her baby and praying for a family to welcome them both.....

I was just wondering if you ever heard what happened in this birthmother's situation. :)

We wish we knew.

Her attorney never returned our calls.

I'm sorry to hear that, she has been on my mind since this was originally posted. I pray that she has found help somewhere.

• 2 months later...

Abrazo is in need of qualified families whose profiles may be presented for consideration by a mother who is currently planning to place a Hawaiian/African-American baby girl being born in November. If you are a homestudy-ready parent-in-waiting OR an Abrazo againer with a ready profile to share, please send the Stork a private message, ASAP! Many thanks!

Abrazo is in need of qualified families whose profiles may be presented for consideration by a mother who is currently planning to place a Hawaiian/African-American baby girl being born in November. If you are a homestudy-ready parent-in-waiting OR an Abrazo againer with a ready profile to share, please send the Stork a private message, ASAP! Many thanks!

Praying for this mother-to-be & that hearts will be open & the perfect family is found! :)

Praying that the perfect family reads this ASAP!!

How exciting!

I can just imagine who beautiful this little princess is going to be- Haiwaiian and AA- gorgeous! Hoping the perfect match is found for this special little girl.

Tamra

I can just imagine who beautiful this little princess is going to be- Haiwaiian and AA- gorgeous! Hoping the perfect match is found for this special little girl.

Tamra

Me too, me too. This is the kind of PM I would love to be able to respond to. In a couple of years, I hope to be the one messaging the STORK. This child is going to be soooo beautiful!

Someone, please respond!