Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Angela says she will never, ever question Elizabeth's wisdom again, if she's right about us being able to find a loving home for our newest little angel from within the Abrazo community.

Elizabeth says this is the season of hope, after all! and around Abrazo, our mantra is "not if? but when!!"

Can you help make a miracle happen, for this baby boy? Do you know someone who could?

Call us... if not, but when! ;)

I so wish we could add this little angel to our family. None of our paperwork is up to date :( On sunday both Miller and Delaney asked for a baby brother, I sometimes wonder if God is whispering on our ear through our children. I know that both Doug and I want another child, he just told me last week he would love to have a baby in our home to hold all day (he works from home now). How does anyone know if this or the next case is for their family....I am going to pray about this baby boy right now!

I so wish we could add this little angel to our family. None of our paperwork is up to date :( On sunday both Miller and Delaney asked for a baby brother, I sometimes wonder if God is whispering on our ear through our children. I know that both Doug and I want another child, he just told me last week he would love to have a baby in our home to hold all day (he works from home now). How does anyone know if this or the next case is for their family....I am going to pray about this baby boy right now!

I can tell you from our experience that God does amazing things when adding to families! The only thing for us that was current was our fingerprints as we had them done last December for Arianna's placement. They are good for a year. Other than that, everything had to be done between Friday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon when we headed for San Antonio.

I scrolled back through all the posts about the baby girl that is now known as Nichole...and I am still amazed that she is here!!!

I have to say God does work in mysterious ways. When we decided to adopt Ayanna NONE of our paperwork was done, we got our Fingerprints, Physical, Updated Homestudy, Child abuse and everything that was needed in two weeks. I did not think it could happen but it did. She was meant to be.

I know we may definatley be an isolated case. We actually did not think it was going to happen as we could not get and earlier date for our physical but after speaking to our Doctor and explaining the urgency he fit us in. The Social Worker that did our Homestudy updated it in a day and the Agency sent everything to Abrazo overnight. Everyone worked with us so we could have our little girl.

Linda

It's hard to know when to say yes. You just have to follow your heart and God's promptings. We have a friend who's child is small and he has a club foot. He is 6 or 7 years old now and he is a very popular kid. There is nothing he cannot do! I hope this little baby finds his family soon!

Heather :)

I hope this little baby finds his family soon!

Heather :)

So do I!

Thanks for asking... the hospital called yesterday asking if/when we were going to be able to get an adoptive family there for him, and we had to tell them we don't have one, yet.

But we're hopeful that the Good Lord may be guiding someone to us, placing this child in their hearts and readying them to become his forever family, before long?

Renee and Angela are going to stop by the nursery tomorrow, to spend some Abrazo-Auntie time with the little guy, and assure him that his new Mom and Dad will surely be here soon!

I'm so happy to hear his Abrazo Aunties are going to visit. My heart just breaks thinking of him alone there in the nursery. When Aiden was in the NICU, there were babies in there with no families, don't know the situations. There were volunteers that would come in and hold them, rock them, feed them, touch and talk with them. The smallest of angels with the greatest of needs.

Give him a big hug from us!

May this Season of Hope find a loving home for this precious child. I remember all to well when Danny was in the NICU Level 2 - how tiny and the other babies there were, and how alone some of the other babies seemed to be. Thanks to his Abrazo Aunties for visiting with him. He needs love now. Praying he finds a home.

I'm so happy to hear his Abrazo Aunties are going to visit. My heart just breaks thinking of him alone there in the nursery. When Aiden was in the NICU, there were babies in there with no families, don't know the situations. There were volunteers that would come in and hold them, rock them, feed them, touch and talk with them. The smallest of angels with the greatest of needs.

Give him a big hug from us!

When we found out that we had a son, Carter had been in the hospital for 5 days...Thanks to the Abrazo angels and the very loving hospital staff, I knew he was loved. I wish I lived in San Antonio so I could go rock this little boy and tell him there is a whole community who loves him and his mommy and daddy will be there soon.

This little guy is on my mind all the time and I am praying that he finds his family soon. Thank you abrazo angels for visiting and giving this little guy some abrazo love.

Char

Angela and Renee spent some time visiting with our newest angel yesterday, a visit that left them all the more determined to help find him a family to take him home and give him the love and security he so deserves! He currently has a trach and will go home with this, of course, but this will be repaired within several years... his cleft palate is barely noticeable, but his clubfeet will require correction... Elizabeth is going to return to the hospital over the weekend, to bring some soft crib blankets from home and a tiny teddy, to keep him company for Christmas and to remind him that one day, he too will have a family of his own to surround him with love and toys, and keep him safe and warm.

If you or someone you know would be prepared for the special needs placement of this darling little Hispanic baby boy, please contact Angela Martinez, MSW at 210/342-5683. (A current homestudy is not required in advance of inquiry, as hospital discharge and placement are likely to occur in a month or so, allowing time for completion if necessary.)

Ohhh. What a sweet little Christmas angel for one lucky family. I pray that he is not alone much longer in that cold, noisy hospital.

This little guy has a very sweet nurse who obviously cares a lot about him. She told us that he likes to watch cartoons and they have a TV set up for him with a variety of videos. He also likes to look out the window above his crib where he can see the clouds roll by and gaze at the sunshine. She told us he's usually a happy little guy who gurgles and smiles as she cares for him. He has a head of soft hair and big bright eyes.

I'm keeping this little one in my prayers as I know his family is out there somewhere....