Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Oh, how I wish we were ready! :(

He's too precious.

Praying for this sweet baby tonight. May he find all that he deserves and so much more. May his precious birthfamily find the peace they need.

Edited by tksimmons02

Sadly, no. We've spoken with her several times and she's still trying to figure out what to do.

The little boy we couldn't get placed has been taken into state custody, unfortunately. Thanks for asking.

We so wanted for him to be accepted into one of the homes of our many parents-in-waiting, instead of getting stuck in the state foster care system.

:(

The little boy we couldn't get placed has been taken into state custody, unfortunately. Thanks for asking.

We would have so loved for him to been accepted into one of the homes of our parents-in-waiting, instead.

Oh my, wow! This makes me very sad :( :( I can't believe that was the outcome for him. They are all in our continued prayers and I hope this little boy somehow finds all he deserves.

Jenny

We so wanted for him to be accepted into one of the homes of our many parents-in-waiting, instead of getting stuck in the state foster care system.

It is very sad to hear that news. Does he still have a chance to be adopted, or will he most likely bounce through the foster care system?

I don't get it!! I know of at least one family who would have gladly taken him... :(

May God wrap his arms around this precious little boy and give him the loving home that he so deserves and needs.

I don't get it!! I know of at least one family who would have gladly taken him... :(

It's just hard to grasp, especially when you know a family had open arms for him and the alternative was the state system. I don't know who the other family/families were, but I know we were ready and willing to bring him home. :( When we knew the match wasn't going to happen, we've been hoping and praying to see an announcement that he did get placed with a family and has found a permanant closer home. I am not quite sure what happens now to him, but I hope wherever he is he will be loved beyond words and that maybe that family can adopt him and be there for him every day of his life.

Jenny

I am so sad about this case.

We've been praying for this little boy and his Mamma since Angela contacted us. I had hoped against hope we would get to take placement of the little boy.

I know God has plans etc, but it is cases like this that makes you wonder.

I will continue to pray for this sweet little soul and his birthfamily.

I know that openness was very important to his birthmom, who'd desperately hoped for an adoptive family who lived close enough to make ongoing contact and visits a reality. This didn't seem unreasonable to us, given that she had already bonded with him (and him with her) over the 18 months since his birth.

Unfortunately, all of our in-state PIWs said no, that they could accept only newborns, while none of our out-of-state families were able to commit to ongoing visits on at least an annual basis.

Now, he will be in the state foster care system for at least a year, as required by law, before he can possibly be freed for adoption. Two-and-a-half years (from birth 'til then) is a long time for any child to have to wait for the stability of a permanent home and a forever family. :(

Thank you for your prayers on his behalf. He was a precious little boy who deserved so much better.

I know that openness was very important to this birthmom, who wanted an adoptive family who lived close enough for ongoing contact and visits a reality. That didn't seem unreasonable to us, given that she had already bonded with him (and him with her) for the 18 months since his birth.

Unfortunately, all of our Texas PIWs said no, that they could accept only newborns, while none of our out-of-state families were able to commit to ongoing visits on at least an annual basis.

Now, he will be in the state foster care system for at least a year, as required by law, before he can possibly be freed for adoption. Three-and-a-half years (from birth 'til then) is a long time for any child to have to wait to have a permanent home and a forever family. :(

Thank you for your prayers on his behalf. He was a precious little boy who deserves so much better.

I appreciate the update and they will be in our continued prayers. I hope when he is available for adoption someone will be there waiting with open arms. I think this bonded birth mom just was not really commited to adoption, even though she might have wanted to be.

Jenny

Edited by LovingBoo

Wow! I just feel floored about this whole situation! I hate that this little one will be foster care for a year (at the very least) when there were at least 2 wonderful, loving families who wanted to adopt him. I cannot see how this could possibly be in this precious little boy's best interest. And, I can't help but think about how awesome it would have been for him to have either Grace Ann or Louisa for a sister. Maybe God has something else planned for him....but from this perspective, it's just hard to understand. :huh:

(And BTW, isn't it amazing how we can become so "attached" to these little children when we've only seen their picture and heard little bits and pieces of their stories?)

I think this bonded birth mom just was not really commited to adoption, even though she might have wanted to be.

I agree, Jenny. I think any mother placing a child she's already been parenting would have to know for sure where her child was going and with whom before she could be "really committed" to adoption.

I know I wouldn't commit to any plan for my children unless I knew at least that much-- to begin with.

Unfortunately, all of our in-state PIWs said no, that they could accept only newborns,

Thank you for your prayers on his behalf. He was a precious little boy who deserved so much better.

I thought of this little boy tonight as I spent the night with a 16 month old baby boy, yep I said baby.

Being around my friend's son tonight put so many things in perspective. Yes he was 16 months old, only two months younger than the sweet little baby boy who still tugs at my heart, but he still was a baby boy. He didn't talk other than babbling, he still wore diapers, he still wanted to be held, cuddled and most importantly loved like any other baby.