Baby Announcements 2007

Stork Central

Congratulation guys!! We can't wait to hear the details!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS! To both familys, being a parent is the greatest pleasure in life. :P

Congratulations from another 'Tweener family with two little bundles of pink! Can't wait to see pictures as they grow. Double the blessings and many-fold the love!!! :D

Congrats to Tom, Kathy & big sister Maya!

Surprises come at all times!!

Wow, CONGRATS!!! Blessings from Virginia.

Tom, Kathy, Maya and Ariana, what wonderful news of your second child. My thoughts our with her Birthfamily.

Congratulations! One bundle of pink is fabulous -- two are super terrific!

Edited by David & Ellouise

One week ago , the Singh family made an incredible journey from San Antonio to El PAso. Actually, what was incredible, was the time spent IN El Paso, not so much coming home. Here is our story, and THANK YOU for ALL of your support!! Actually, it is MUCH needed for a few reasons which I wil get into later.

Tom, Maya and I decided that for MAya's 1st birthday we would start the process of adopting a little brother or sister for Maya. That would have been this March.

Some little voices from Abrazoland asked me quietly if we were looking to adopt again this year. I quickly said YES, that we were looking to start the process again this March. A few days passed and we were asked how would we would feel about starting the process earlier? We both agreed without hesitation as March was only a few months away. So, we were chosen to speak wiith a Birthmom. The conversation went smoothly, however the poor woman was in pain becasue she thought that she was going to deliver early and she was having real bad cramping. Tom and I got on the phone quickly with our Social worker and went to Abrazo to pick up some paperwork for fingerprinting. We also needed to update our profile to now include little Maya :D .

We set the date for fingerprinting THAT Monday, the Social worker Tuesday am and got our application in that day. Could you believe that we got a call that we were to go to EL Paso the day of our SW visit???

TAlk about timing! So the Singh's gathered their bags, took Millie to our friend's house, took care of some other business and then started the drive that night at Midnight. Maya slept the whole way up!!

We arrived at our hotel, checked in then went straight to the hospital. I really wanted to get there earlier because our BP wanted me to be in the delivery room. How TOUCHED I was, I nearly cried when she told me that. The last time I saw a delivery was in Nursing school and well, I really didn't make it for the delivery. The Docs told me that I could watch as long as I stay away from the sterile field...well without telling the whole story on the forum...I can just say I didn't make it!

So, it meant the world to me that our BP included us in the whole process. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to be with her as she had a C section and NOBODY was allowed in. We got to meet her after the delivery and boy, what a pretty woman!!! I felt like a saw a part of me in her. (Not the pretty part, it was something spiritually.) During this whole time I really felt like someONE was carrying us through. Very weird but not, if you know what I mean.

We met some family members and she couldn't wait to meet Tom and Maya. The hospital was very lenient with there rules and let Maya up on the floor to meet our BP..then we got to see the little angel that was born on 1-10-07 @ 0640!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a beauty...just like her mom. Tears came down...this was meant to be. You see with MAya, we have NO contact with her birthmom so this has been so special for us. Maya even got to meet her little sister!!! She smiled real big and just wanted to touch her, she got so excited!!! I mean she could have been cranky I guess but she seemed elated to see this little baby. SHe even said ooooo...as she pointed to little Ariana.

I am not too sure how much I can say except that we were afraid at times that the placement wouldn't happen but we were confident and calm about that what was meant to be would be. We got to spend some quality time with BP and some of her family. Not enough time in my book, Maya was only allowed to be upstairs for a very short time and poor Tom just about lived in the lobby. No changing tables in the men's room. What a great Dad he is!!!!!!

After BP and baby got released we were able to spend some time alone with her and her daughter at her house. We hopefully will be returning to El PAso at the end of Feb. Meanwhile we speak with BP just about every day and what a sweetie, she always asks how the 'girls' are doing. We are truly blessed to be apart of their family. What a God send. Thank you all soooo much for your thoughts, prayers, interest and support.

Unfortunately, some folks whether they are family or friends were very surprised by our decsions. Not that they are not supportive but some of their remarks hurt... c'est la vie.

I can not tell you how happy we are. Tom got to stay home for few days due to our weather here in SA and again, it's all in the timing. We TRULY are a team and I could not have picked a better husband. We have actually grown closer in the past week and I am so excited about that. we just have to figure our how to make US time...it will only strengthen our family.

So again, thank you for your support but of all things, PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR BIRTHMOM!!!!!!

I feel her pain so much. She says that she is doing well, that she misses us and I wish that I could just take her under my wing. This is so different because we have a relationship with her and I Thank God for bringing us together. She is a very strong, confident and beautiful person. She actually shares a birthday with my long lost brother and Ariana's birthday is 4 days shy of my dad's, who celebrates his in Heaven. (Sorry for the long post...but I had to share.)

By the way, our 8 hour trip home turned into 12 hours! Feeding and changing 2 babes was very busy BUT ALL VERY WORTH it!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!!!

Thanks, Ya'll, and I will get some pictures up this weekend!!

Love,

The Singhs

What a great story Kathy!!! Thanks so much for posting it!!

Can't wait to see the pics of those two precious little ones!!!

Wonderfully said Kathy, speaking from your heart shines through every word!

Just have to brag and say How wonderful it was to be with your family today. Both of your girls are so loved! And Millie too!

Congratulations, Get some rest! N

Kathy,

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story.... We are so happy for you and Ariana is a lucky little girl.

Love ya,

Linda

Kathy thank you for sharing your beautiful story. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful husband and know that you are great parents!

Heather

Thank you for sharing your journey (your quick journey! ;) ) to your second sweet child with us. The pictures are beautiful. I love the one where the girls are sleeping. So precious! :)

We will be thinking of Ariana's loving birthmother and keeping her in our prayers.

Congratulations again on your wonderful family!