Proud Grandparents

moorekid

Abigail is home a week today and the time has gone all to quickly. I just love to see Tom strut down the street being the proud Dad he is pushing the carriage, and just watching the new Mom care for Abby warms me all over. This has been a beautiful week, and I thank the Lord for all that he has given us.

Love,

Sharron

I will try to put a bee in Colleens bustle. They had some beauties taken last night at Babies R Us can't wait to see them all myself.

• 5 months later...

If you're a proud grandparent (or grandparent-to-be) and you haven't indicated this as an "interest area" on your profile, go ahead-- tell the world! :D

Here's how:

1) Go to the top of the this page and click on "My Controls."

2) On the left side of the screen, under "Personal Profile" click on "Edit Profile Information"

3) Midway down the field of text boxes, find the dropdown box that says "Member Interest Area" and highlight (click on) the word "GRANDPARENT" (chuckling proudly to yourself as you do this!)

4) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the box that says "Amend My Profile."

5) Now stroll to the nearest mirror, check yourself out with a smile, and say "what a good-looking grandparent you've got (or you'll have), little one!"

If you're a proud grandparent (or grandparent-to-be) and you haven't indicated this as an "interest area" on your profile, go ahead-- tell the world! :D

Here's how:

1) Go to the top of the this page and click on "My Controls."

2) On the left side of the screen, under "Personal Profile" click on "Edit Profile Information"

3) Midway down the field of text boxes, find the dropdown box that says "Member Interest Area" and highlight (click on) the word "GRANDPARENT" (chuckling proudly to yourself as you do this!)

4) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the box that says "Amend My Profile."

5) Now stroll to the nearest mirror, check yourself out with a smile, and say "what a good-looking grandparent you've got (or you'll have), little one!"

I laughed all the way boy was that fun! Looking forward to meeting you at the Jersey Reunion or in San Antonio.

• 3 months later...

LOOK OUT San Antonio here comes Gram Sharron! We're celebrating Abby's finalization. I thought it would never get here, I keep telling Abby that we are going to SA to have a celebration just for her, I can't wait for the 30th to roll around this is better then Christmas.

LOOK OUT San Antonio here comes Gram Sharron! We're celebrating Abby's finalization. I thought it would never get here, I keep telling Abby that we are going to SA to have a celebration just for her, I can't wait for the 30th to roll around this is better then Christmas.

Sharron,

Congrats on the finalization of your grandaughter. How lucky your family is to have you in their life...

Have fun in TX ;)

Linda

Sharron... Congratulations!!! Finalization is a wonderful experience.

Thanks, this has been such an incredible two years so much has happened. But really truth be told I'm anxiuos to get back to normal, not waiting for that all important phone call or letter, can't say I'll miss it. So here's to normalcy ( is that a word? ) whatever that might be.

Linda why do we have to wait to the next reunion to meet your sweet girl? Good grief we don't live that far away.

• 10 months later...

How wonderful for you and your family. Cherish this special lady and keep her close. I wish that we had Abigail's birth family in our lives.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I was wondering if any of you grandparents have any advice. My parents are going to go to Joshua's finalization. The

have not been around Mama C (Joshua's birthmother). We may spend the weekend in a large cabin after that with her and my parents. They read some adoption books with my first child but I am not sure if they understand the openess so much.Any advice on how to ease the transition? My older child 21/2 will be there too so maybe we'll just have our hands too full to worry about it.

Thanks

Laural

They both love our boys to death so that part is not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laurel,

We are not lucky enough to have Abby's birth family in our life but I'm sure that you are worrying to much about this family gathering. All concerned love this child unconditionally and it will all come together naturally I'm sure. You will be very busy once you get to SA and time will fly quickly. There will be a lot you will won't to do to make this wonderful occasion memorable for you and your family. If you have time try hard to get to the SA Zoo it was great, they have a special childrens section there that the kiddos can play in water and sand it is a great experience Abby who was just shy of a year old last year just loved it. And a very nice way to cool off I might add, and a word of advice bring a change of clothes for the kids they will get wet.

Good luck and Ihope that I was of a little help anyway.

Love,

Gram Sharron

Proud Gram of Abigail and Shaun