Designated Program

Jean and Kevin

I just want to wish you guys the best of luck. This is a great thing to do. You just never know how a baby is going to come into your lives. Take at look at Brain and Cathy...their daughter's birthmom came via Greg's aunt :D We are always on the lookout for all our Fourm Friends.

Jan

I just want to wish you guys the best of luck. This is a great thing to do. You just never know how a baby is going to come into your lives. Take at look at Brain and Cathy...their daughter's birthmom came via Greg's aunt :D We are always on the lookout for all our Fourm Friends.

Jan

Who else does Greg's aunt know? :lol:

Here's another idea, and it costs nothing... log onto Facebook and launch your own cause: EXAMPLE.

And another option, for those of you who are video-savvy: YOU TUBE

Take at look at Brain and Cathy...their daughter's birthmom came via Greg's aunt :D

Brian and I can't thank you, Greg enough for taking the time to have personally talked to MamaJ about her situation and your experience with Abrazo. And, also a very special thank you to Granny Linda (as she told us she would like to be referred to as) for her suggesting MamaJ talk to you :) Thank you, thank you!

Cathy

A friend told me of a website who offers free business cards. I haven't ordered yet, but looked at the website and found they also offer websites. Hope this info helps our proactive friends...

Vista Print

If you have Microsoft Publisher on your computer, you can create your own business cards and microsoft.com has tons of free cip art and designs to use on your card. All you have to do is go to a business supply store (OfficeMax, etc.) and get your card paper. It's really pretty easy and kind of fun. Just an idea for you. :)

Brett

Jan

Who else does Greg's aunt know? :lol:

I am working on it Laurie :lol:

Jan

Take at look at Brain and Cathy...their daughter's birthmom came via Greg's aunt :D

Brian and I can't thank you, Greg enough for taking the time to have personally talked to MamaJ about her situation and your experience with Abrazo. And, also a very special thank you to Granny Linda (as she told us she would like to be referred to as) for her suggesting MamaJ talk to you :) Thank you, thank you!

Cathy

Cathy,

When I talked with Aunt Linda last she told me all about your visit and how great Josie was during your visit. She is so happy for you guys.

Jan

Cathy,

When I talked with Aunt Linda last she told me all about your visit and how great Josie was during your visit. She is so happy for you guys.

Jan

Thanks, Jan. Ms. Josie is a very good baby. Granny Linda told us she was very happy for us as well as pleased with MamaJ's decision. We have a picture Granny said she would like. I gave a copy to MamaJ, but I'm not sure if she's had a chance to get it to her. I would be more than happy to forward a copy to you if you could get it to her if she doesn't already have it.

Cathy

P.S. Networking is a great way to make connections--whether it be for a new position or to find your little one. Good luck to all of those considering all of these options.

Okay, Abrazo ladies, prepare for the phone lines to be FLOODED with calls responding to the awesome flyers and buisiness cards! ;) We put together packets including a short letter of introduction, a flyer and a few business cards and are mailing them today.

Hooray for the Mohlers, because being PROACTIVE is the best way of announcing to the universe "WE ARE READY... NOW!"

Truth is, the majority of adoptions today don't happen because of pregnant women turned to an agency for help.

The majority of adoptions are inspired by people reaching out to each other (whether it's a pregnant woman confiding in a family friend, or a doctor's office sharing an adoptive couple's profile with a patient, or a pregnant mom in a laundromat calling the phone number on a flyer or card she found to find out more about their interest in adopting.)

"Putting yourself out there" means taking an active role in helping your next child find his or her way home, and we salute your commitment towards doing just that! Way to go!

• Upvote 1

Jan

Thanks, Jan. Ms. Josie is a very good baby. Granny Linda told us she was very happy for us as well as pleased with MamaJ's decision. We have a picture Granny said she would like. I gave a copy to MamaJ, but I'm not sure if she's had a chance to get it to her. I would be more than happy to forward a copy to you if you could get it to her if she doesn't already have it.

Cathy

Send it our way, Cathy.

We are one step behind you, Ann! My in-laws own and operate a printing business so we are getting them busy. :D

Way to go Laurie and the Molhers!!! It shouldn't be long.

jan

I am so excited for the Mohlers and Mark&Laurie (and anyone else) who is brave enough to reach out on their own!

Anyone else? Make sure you post so we will know who you are...I think this is an awesome thing to do.

Even more excited to hear about the RESULTS!

Good Luck.

Karen

So...in addition to mailing flyers & business cards, I've handed some out and posted them on local community boards. I asked customer service/managers if they were "postable" for their community boards and they welcomed it. As we were leaving the grocery store today, I stopped by the community board to see if any little tabs have been pulled off and saw....THE WHOLE FLYER GONE!! <_< What?!? :o

So...in addition to mailing flyers & business cards, I've handed some out and posted them on local community boards. I asked customer service/managers if they were "postable" for their community boards and they welcomed it. As we were leaving the grocery store today, I stopped by the community board to see if any little tabs have been pulled off and saw....THE WHOLE FLYER GONE!! <_< What?!? :o

Hello,

I heard of an idea I thought I'd add here in case it was new to anyone else. Someone we met created business cards for the same purpose. The front of the business card had their picture, contact info and a info about wanting to adopt..pretty standard. What was special though, was the back of the card. They had a small font paragraph explaining what to do with the card. It asked to holder of the card to keep it in their purse or wallet so they could have it available in case a situation came up where it would be approrpriate to pass it along. This strategy ultimately helped this couple become parents and they think that the paragraph made it more likely for people to keep their cards handy instead of just throwing them away. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Take care,

Jenny G.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Further evidence that designated adoptions work, when couples do the outreach to find a mom interested in placing, and ethical agencies do all the work to make things happen, once that match is made: Internet Taking Lead in Adoption Networking Efforts.

• 2 months later...

A Silicon Valley computer maven and his wife have adopted successfully as a result of their YouTube video, adoption website and related Twittering: Stork Delivers Via Hi-Tech Methods.

• 2 years later...

Some Abrazo againers in our designated program have an extra-special little reason to be doing the happy dance today!

• Upvote 1