Celebrity Adoptions

Stork Central

Update on Paris: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines

This qoute makes me mad but at least she isn't adopting the 4 blonde girls. Asked if she'd want to adopt, Hilton said, "Maybe, but I want to have my own children."

Edited by Doug_and_Jennifer

This qoute makes me mad but at least she isn't adopting the 4 blonde girls. Asked if she'd want to adopt, Hilton said, "Maybe, but I want to have my own children."

Paris Hilton said something stupid and ignorant? I'm so surprised!

I loved the Jamie Lee Curtis interview. She is the most grounded celebrity I've seen who has adopted. If only they all approached it like she does. I agree, it's refreshing to see a famous person who did something and didn't use it for publicity or as a ploy to "save the world". She's a person like us who just wanted to be a mother and found a wonderful way to do it. What an advocate she will be when the time comes.

As for Paris Hilton, bless her heart, she just doesn't have a foot in reality.

Paris Hilton: No Plans for 'Four Blonde Babies'

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2007 11:00 AM EDT

By Nicholas White

Paris Hilton

Photo by: INF

Though Paris Hilton has declared that her Simple Life costar Nicole Richie is bound to be "the best mom ever," the hotel heiress won't be having children of her own anytime soon.

"Someone just said that I'm adopting four blonde babies," Hilton, 26, told PEOPLE at Friday's Kate Somerville White Room Emmy suite in West Hollywood. "That's retarded. No, I'm not."

Asked if she'd want to adopt, Hilton said, "Maybe, but I want to have my own children."

Note to Paris - Don't have any children until you grow up. You'll know that has occured when you stop saying things like "that's retarded" and understand that adopted children are your own from the moment you take them in your arms...............geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Paris Hilton said something stupid and ignorant? I'm so surprised!

A perfect example of why she SHOULDN'T adopt (at least not in the near future). I'm not saying that people can't change, but it wouldn't be beneficial for anyone right now.

Another celebrity adoption:

Mary-Louise Parker has adopted a baby girl from Africa, report says

NEW YORK (AP) — Mary-Louise Parker has adopted a baby girl from Africa, her spokeswoman confirmed to People.com.

When asked for comment Tuesday, Parker's spokeswoman, Tamar Salup, referred The Associated Press to the Web site.

Parker, 43, has a 3-year-old son, Will, with ex-boyfriend Billy Crudup.

The actress stars on Showtime's offbeat comedy "Weeds" as a newly widowed mother of two who starts selling marijuana to maintain her family's comfortable suburban lifestyle.

Parker co-stars with Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," which opens in theaters Friday.

She won an Emmy Award for "Angels in America." She has won two Golden Globe Awards, one for "Angels in America," the other for "Weeds," and had a recurring role on NBC's "The West Wing."

Her screen credits also include "Fried Green Tomatoes," "Boys on the Side" and "The Client."

I don't generally follow celebrity adoption news, but I checked out TVGuide.com today for reviews of the Emmy Awards and found this utterly horrible "announcement" posted by Matt Webb Mitovitch:

Mary-Louise Parker Weeds Out the Baby She Wants

According to People, the Emmy nominee has gone all Madonna-Angelina and adopted a baby girl from Africa. Because, um, what? Have we run out of leftover babies in America? Anyway, the actress has a 3-year-old son already from her relationship with Billy Crudup that, if my tabloid recall serves me correctly, ended when he allegedly dumped his preggers girlfriend for Claire Danes.

This is one of the most insulting things I have ever seen in print. I will be reporting this post to the management at TVGuide and if you'd like to voice an opinion, here is the link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...022454#comments.

I am truly speechless, and that takes a lot.

Regards,

Colleen :angry:

OK,

I usually dont pay any mind to "celebrities" and Hollywood because I thik that the entire idea of someone being "famous" for playing a role is ridiculous. Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Everyday wonerful people sacrificing for others, they should get the "star" treatment. ..................Anywho, if it wouldn't be too horrific for any baby to be placed with Paris Hilton (utter waste of space :angry: :angry: :angry: ), she should adopt because the thought of her procreating and there being anyone else in this world even bearing a resemblence to her is enough to make me sick.

Ok, you get the idea and yes she is my least favorite tabloid person out there.

Sandi

I don't generally follow celebrity adoption news, but I checked out TVGuide.com today for reviews of the Emmy Awards and found this utterly horrible "announcement" posted by Matt Webb Mitovitch:

Mary-Louise Parker Weeds Out the Baby She Wants

According to People, the Emmy nominee has gone all Madonna-Angelina and adopted a baby girl from Africa. Because, um, what? Have we run out of leftover babies in America? Anyway, the actress has a 3-year-old son already from her relationship with Billy Crudup that, if my tabloid recall serves me correctly, ended when he allegedly dumped his preggers girlfriend for Claire Danes.

This is one of the most insulting things I have ever seen in print. I will be reporting this post to the management at TVGuide and if you'd like to voice an opinion, here is the link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...022454#comments.

I am truly speechless, and that takes a lot.

Regards,

Colleen :angry:

I am with you Colleen - this is absolutely awful, but thanks for pointing it out. Now with the "beauty" of the internet, blurbs like these reach more people than ever -- unfortunately! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Another celebrity looking at adoption...

John Stamos says he's ready to be a father, is interested in adoption, in magazine interview

NEW YORK (AP) — John Stamos played uncle Jesse on the '80s sitcom "Full House." Now he wants to be a father.

"If I don't have kids soon, I am going to adopt," the 44-year-old actor tells OK! magazine in its latest issue, on newsstands Friday. "Even if I do have kids, I think I will (adopt). I always thought to myself that I would be a better father later on in life."

Another celebrity looking at adoption...

John Stamos says he's ready to be a father, is interested in adoption, in magazine interview

NEW YORK (AP) — John Stamos played uncle Jesse on the '80s sitcom "Full House." Now he wants to be a father.

"If I don't have kids soon, I am going to adopt," the 44-year-old actor tells OK! magazine in its latest issue, on newsstands Friday. "Even if I do have kids, I think I will (adopt). I always thought to myself that I would be a better father later on in life."

Did Stamos remarry after Rebecca Romijn (sp) or is he considering being a single parent? --anyone know?, merely curious.

-A

Did Stamos remarry after Rebecca Romijn (sp) or is he considering being a single parent? --anyone know?, merely curious.

-A

Sorry, Adam. I only posted the first two paragraphs of that story. Here's the rest...

Stamos and Rebecca Romijn divorced in 2005, nearly a year after they announced they were separating after five years of marriage. Romijn, 34, married Jerry O'Connell in July.

"Right after I got divorced or separated, I was like, 'I've got to find somebody,"' Stamos says. "Then I went through a phase where I hated dating. Now I'm kind of embracing it."

Stamos, who co-stars on the NBC medical drama "ER," says he doesn't find dating hard now.

"I think I'm probably easier to date," he says. "I'm certainly not as wild as I used to be."

Of his marriage to Romijn, Stamos says: "It burned really bright, and I kind of knew it was going to burn out at some point. But it was a great ride and I don't regret one minute of it."

-A

Sorry, Adam. I only posted the first two paragraphs of that story. Here's the rest...

Stamos and Rebecca Romijn divorced in 2005, nearly a year after they announced they were separating after five years of marriage. Romijn, 34, married Jerry O'Connell in July.

"Right after I got divorced or separated, I was like, 'I've got to find somebody,"' Stamos says. "Then I went through a phase where I hated dating. Now I'm kind of embracing it."

Stamos, who co-stars on the NBC medical drama "ER," says he doesn't find dating hard now.

"I think I'm probably easier to date," he says. "I'm certainly not as wild as I used to be."

Of his marriage to Romijn, Stamos says: "It burned really bright, and I kind of knew it was going to burn out at some point. But it was a great ride and I don't regret one minute of it."

Thanks John. Sorry, I didn't mean to be trouble, I was just curious.

Let's hope his expectations of lifelong relationships are more lasting when children are involved! :rolleyes:

Let's hope his expectations of lifelong relationships are more lasting when children are involved! :rolleyes:

yeah, what a quote! could you imagine? going into a marriage knowing it "was going to burn out at some point"????

This may not be the right place for this, because it's about a celebrity who placed a child for adoption, but here's a recent quote from Joni Mitchell about the effect that placing her daughter had on her and her music. Mitchell has since been reunited with her daughter.

"I was a painter first, but I got waylaid by the music — first as a hobby to make my smokes at art school," said Mitchell, speaking in a slightly husky voice as she chain-smoked American Spirit cigarettes, a habit she developed at age 9 after nearly dying from polio.

"At the time, I just sang folk songs but then a tragedy occurred in my life. I had a daughter and I gave her up and that puts a big hole in a woman that's hard to explain. I was destitute ... and three years later I had a career and money," said Mitchell, whose first album, "Song to a Seagull," came out in 1968. "But I didn't like fame. ... I understood the price of it at an early age."

• 1 month later...

From a reputable news source, an interview with Zahara Jolie-Pitt's birth mother who describes the heart-breaking circumstances that led to the placement of her daughter

Read story here

Mentwabe said her mother did what she thought was best, and denied newspaper reports in the United States and Europe that she wanted Yemsrach, renamed Zahara, back.

"My mother was not misled by anyone, as was alleged by some media outlets. Her motive was to save the child from dying which I fully understand.

"I have never disputed the adoption of my baby by Angelina Jolie.

"I think my daughter is a very fortunate human being to be adopted by a world famous lady. I wish them both all the success they deserve," she said.

I hope, naively I'm sure, that Angelina and Brad might reward that sort of committment to their daughter's future with an open relationship this sweet young girl deserves.

• 3 weeks later...

For a fascinating glimpse into the lives of a celebrity family (several of whose children were adopted through a San Antonio agency) and for a poignant reminder that no one knows what really goes on in anyone's home, behind closed doors, read: The Woody Allen-Mia Farrow Custody Trial.

Part I: Life Imitating Art?

Part II: The Custody Trial Begins

Part III: The Aftermath

Funny-- we were just talking about this Shiloh Pitt story at lunch today. Why would Brad and Angelina be any less diligent about keeping the adopted children indoors and out of sight, if they'd gotten any kidnapping threats?

Meanwhile, the New York Post is reporting today that Madonna and Guy Ritchie have been cleared to finalize their adoption of little David Banda. Let's hope they'll remember those promises to take him back to his homeland for visits with his birthfather and the rest of his first family...

• 2 weeks later...

Actress Deborra-lee Furness has scored a victory in her efforts to streamline Australia's policies for overseas adoptions: Hugh Jackman's Wife Works to Increase Australian Adoptions. (For more on Jackman and his wife's adoption of their son Oscar from the U.S., here's the scoop.

"We're still trying to have our own children," Jackman says.

Sounds like someone needs some positive adoption language training.

How great that his wife stepped up to the plate to get things moving in Australia. I had no idea thier laws were so tricky.

• 3 weeks later...

A very strange excerpt from today's Church of Scientology statement, refuting contents of Andrew Morton's unauthorized biography on adoptive dad Tom Cruise (bold text emphasized by yours truly for reference purposes):

3. Was Isabella's adoption orchestrated by David Miscavige?

Absolutely NOT. The allegation that Mr. Miscavige and/or the Church had any involvement in the adoption of Mr. Cruise's children is totally false.

Moreover, the Church categorically denies Morton's insinuation that Isabella is the daughter of a Scientology staff member and, as with all adopted children, has absolutely no knowledge of who her biological parents are and had no knowledge whatsoever of her adoption until after it occurred.

The Church is totally offended that anyone would stoop so low as to make such an allegation about this young woman. Morton obviously has no regard for anyone's feelings, including those of minor age who can't defend themselves, let alone the nature of the allegation (since Isabella, as an adopted child, undoubtedly is also unaware of who her biological parents are).

Why would the Church of Scientology assert that Isabella ("as with all adopted children") should "undoubtedly... also (be) unaware of who her biological parents are" when her adoptive parents did a private adoption and were therefore clearly a party to this information?