Celebrity Adoptions

Stork Central

The Help is one of my favorite books and movies. That quote is also a favorite!

I plan to tell my child(ren) daily how much they are loved, how capable they are and they can achieve whatever their mind can dream (and beyond).

We tell Alexander everyday how much we love him, that he can do anything and that he is important. I know he is only 11 days old but everyday since the 22nd of this month we tell him that.

That was one of my favorite quotes in the book and my Mother told me something similiar almost everyday. If fact, she still does.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2011/10/20/mariska-hargitay-in-shock-about-sons-adoption/

Mariska Hargitay -Law & Order- adopts 2nd baby.

The side story....a friend of mine from another Infertility forum let me know about this possible adoption situation.....Premature baby boy born in July & a few other details. They were trying to find placement of this lil' baby boy. I was shocked to find out that Mariska took placement again!!!! WoWzA!!! Welcome to the World Andrew!!!

• 4 months later...

Oh, no!

http://www.t-g.com/story/1802811.html

Far be it from us to critique Kim Kardashian's desire to parent, but given her marriage debacle last year, we're just not convinced that she has the stability (nor the good judgement) to put a child's best interests above her considerable commercial quests at this point in her life.

And who knew that the latest celebrity with an unplanned pregnancy, Snooki, was adopted from Chile as a baby?

http://www.wetpaint.com/jersey-shore/articles/snooki-opens-up-about-adoption

Please no on the KK adoption, please!!! I hope a social worker would watch at least 5 minutes of her train wreck reality show before doing anything!!!! I really hope this is all rumors, but not much surprises me anymore!

It just seems that some celebrities want a baby as an accessory.

• 3 weeks later...

Was anyone else surprised to learn that Jack Wagner (GH-Frisco Jones, Melrose Place-Dr Peter Burns, musician) was himself a "birth" father? He told the story on Dancing With the Stars on tribute night on Monday. He did not know she even existed (her birth having resulted from a "fling" in the 80's, and her birthmother placed her for adoption as an infant). She located him through a private investigator when she began the search for her birthparents as an adult. But here's the "really gutsy move" part...she ran up to him backstage at a concert just before he was getting ready to perform on-stage, and literally threw herself at him and told him who she was. And here's the wonderful part, he has totally accepted her into his family and actually seemed overjoyed with finding out he had a daughter, and now they are great friends.

He told the story on DWTS as the dance was to be a tribute to a memorable moment or person in your life. He introduced her to the world on DWTS, and I think that says a lot about his character as a person.

Was anyone else surprised to learn that Jack Wagner (GH-Frisco Jones, Melrose Place-Dr Peter Burns, musician) was himself a "birth" father? He told the story on Dancing With the Stars on tribute night on Monday. He did not know she even existed (her birth having resulted from a "fling" in the 80's, and her birthmother placed her for adoption as an infant). She located him through a private investigator when she began the search for her birthparents as an adult. But here's the "really gutsy move" part...she ran up to him backstage at a concert just before he was getting ready to perform on-stage, and literally threw herself at him and told him who she was. And here's the wonderful part, he has totally accepted her into his family and actually seemed overjoyed with finding out he had a daughter, and now they are great friends.

He told the story on DWTS as the dance was to be a tribute to a memorable moment or person in your life. He introduced her to the world on DWTS, and I think that says a lot about his character as a person.

I had read about their story in People magazine a few months ago and agree that it's a great Reuion story!

Has anyone read this story about Mariska Hargitay's 1st adoption? You can read it below:

Mariska Hargitay and husband Peter Hermann are now the blissed-out parents of three: biological son August, 5, plus daughter Amaya and son Andrew, both born and adopted in 2011.

But before the Law and Order: SVU actress, 48, and theater star Hermann adopted Amaya and Andrew, the spouses of over seven years took in another infant -- only to have the adoption process heartbreakingly reversed, she reveals in the May issue of

Good Housekeeping.

Adopting a newborn little girl, "this little angel," Hargitay said, and taking her home for two days -- even naming her -- the couple got a shocking phone call.

"The long and short of it: The birth mother changed her mind," Hargitay confesses to the magazine tearfully. "It was nothing short of devastating. But . . . this is what I've come to understand about life: It was probably the greatest, happiest ending. I mean, it was so painful for us, but it was deeply joyful and deeply right for her."

Shortly thereafter, the heartbroken couple's attorney and social worker connected them with another expectant mother -- who was carrying Amaya, who celebrates her first birthday this month.

Amaya's biological mother agreed to allow Hargitay to help her deliver the baby.

"I basically pulled Amaya out," she says. "Peter and I held her, and then the birth mother and I hugged for a long time. That was profound. That was one of the most meaningful moments I've ever had in my life."

The unexpected moments just kept on coming 2011. Later that year, they were alerted of another baby in need -- a boy born two months premature in another state, being released from a neonatal intensive care unit.

"I don't really know what to say about it, other than it was a no-brainer," she said of adopting Andrew in October. "Peter and I both thought, Let's do it! I'm in!" she says. "It was like . . .a miracle. And I don't use that word lightly. I've never made a bigger decision so quickly. The whole thing happened in a total of two days."

http://celebritybabi...-sons-adoption/

Mariska Hargitay -Law & Order- adopts 2nd baby.

The side story....a friend of mine from another Infertility forum let me know about this possible adoption situation.....Premature baby boy born in July & a few other details. They were trying to find placement of this lil' baby boy. I was shocked to find out that Mariska took placement again!!!! WoWzA!!! Welcome to the World Andrew!!!

Becky-

Here's a side note about this story...see above!

Pro golfer Bubba Watson--who as I write this is in a playoff with a good chance at winning the Masters tournament--adopted a one-month-old baby boy on March 26. It'd be quite a month to adopt your first + win the Masters, eh?

http://www.golfchann...adopt-baby-boy/

Edited by AndrewT
  • Upvote 2

Go Bubba! Loved his adoption story of Caleb!

Ironically, my brother told me about this as he was watching the Master's yesterday. It is so nice to hear about people talking about the joys of adoption and announcing it rather than keeping it a secret.

I've always wondered about Celebrity Adoptions,

Why they do it, why they adopt from other countries, i mean there are plenty of American babies who need homes, so i always think of it as publicity, a way to think theyre doing an excellent job, i mean adopting a child is amazing, but why do they have to go make a big deal that they adopted a baby from another country, why cant it just say they adopted a baby?

Edited by Bianca:)
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the son of famous 70's-era singer Neil Sedaka, Marc Sedaka, has recognized a need in our communities and just published a book documenting the struggle with infertility he and his wife endured- geared specifically towards men who are in similar situations.

"What to Expect When She's Not Expecting", hitting bookstands soon!

Saw this today,

Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Second Daughter

Steve Granitz/WireImage

Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley‘s family is growing.

The couple, already parents to 3-year-old daughter Naleigh – whom they adopted from South Korea — have welcomed a second little girl, the actress’s rep confirms to PEOPLE.

“Yes they have adopted a baby,” rep Jill Fritzo tells PEOPLE. “No further details [are available] at this time.”

Heigl says adoption was always in the plan she had for a family with her singer-songwriter husband, 32.

“Josh and I started talking about it before we were even engaged,” the actress, 33, said in January.

“We have talked about having biological children as well, but we decided to adopt first. I’d like to adopt again.”

ET Canada was first to confirm the news.

Edited by Monica281

• 2 weeks later...