Putting up a Praise!!!

I spoke with my Mom tonight who, for the first time since her surgery, sounded just like her self! Maybe even better! ;)

She said she feels lighter. Like everyone's prayers have lifted her right up and she is light. She said she feels like Jesus is just carrying her through this! Thank you to all who have lifted her in prayer! Thanks be to God for his ever present grace!

There was alot of conversation about things that only confused me in my already tired and overwhelmed-by-the-impending-move state. The basics are that she has chosen not to do chemo. There are side effects that can be life lasting and altering with results that won't make too much of a difference. I guess the chemo is suggested to be sure the "non-invasive" cells that were found, don't continue to grow. The cancer is a "slow growing" kind and not aggressive. And not found in her lymph nodes. That's a huge deal!

She still tires easliy but since she has been put on oxygen and has a wheelchair, that has helped with her fatigue a great deal. She keeps doing more and more to regain her regular activity level. Sure can't keep her down!

We talked about how she had been saying for so long that she was sick. She has felt so terrible for so long. She knew she was sick but she said that now she feels like she is going to be better! :D

Today was a great day!!! :D

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is such happy news Andrea!!!!!! I am so elated that she is physically doing better and is emotionally at peace with decision and faith!!!! How is your dad doing through all of this? I'm sure both will be so happy when your family returns home to the big "D" (Denton of course). Big hugs to you for being so strong and uplifted through all of this. Your family will remain in our hearts and prayers!!!

Dee

I would like to say a prayer of thanks as I arrived home in one piece tonight. As I drove home I was nearly side swiped by young woman anxious to get to Jack in a Box. As she whipped through the turnaround and then tried to cut over four lanes to make the entrance, she did not see me right beside and slightly behind her. As tired as I was, it was only by the grace of God that I responded quick enough to slam on my brakes, swerve my car, fly up on the right turn median and screech to a stop. At one point we were close enough I could see what radio station she was tuned into through her window.

Our cars never touched but I think my heart is still in my throat. :ph34r:

Wow Renee, I can just imagine the hand of God protecting you and your car...so glad you are safe.

CRAZY drivers...ugh!

I would like to say a prayer of thanks as I arrived home in one piece tonight. As I drove home I was nearly side swiped by young woman anxious to get to Jack in a Box. As she whipped through the turnaround and then tried to cut over four lanes to make the entrance, she did not see me right beside and slightly behind her. As tired as I was, it was only by the grace of God that I responded quick enough to slam on my brakes, swerve my car, fly up on the right turn median and screech to a stop. At one point we were close enough I could see what radio station she was tuned into through her window.

Our cars never touched but I think my heart is still in my throat. :ph34r:

Oh Renee, how scary! Thanks to your quick reaction and like you said, the swift Grace of God I'm Thankful you are safe. Hugs, Nita

Thank goodness you reacted as quickly as you did!! Your story reminds me of the song "Jesus take the wheel". I can't get it out of my head right now!!!! I am grateful that you made it home safe and sound to all those who love you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks be to God, for the safe release of little Margaret, in Nigeria!

God is good, all the time... all the time, God is good!

Thanks be to God, for the safe release of little Margaret, in Nigeria!

God is good, all the time... all the time, God is good!

I can't imagine how her parents feel right now. Thank goodness for her release!

Cathy

• 1 month later...

"Prayer changes things."

It's not just a Christian song lyric, it's an age-old truth, and here's proof positive.

Many thanks to all who lifted Katie and her family in prayer here on the Forum, when her daddy died unexpectedly, right before Christmas.

We celebrate the new parents that God has called into her life and wish them every blessing in their new family constellation!

I posted the above-linked photo with Jim's sister's permission; she specifically asked me to express their gratitude to all of you, for your thoughts and prayers in their time of loss. It gives her great joy to have you now share in their joy, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Praise Him from Whom all blessings flow..............

My Mom got her 3 month test results back and so far...cancer free! Hooray!

John has been visiting with the chaplin at Walter Reed. The dr.'s are still trying to save the other leg but are preparing him in case they cannot. From what we know now, it is much worse off than we thought. John joined the service partly because he wanted to eventually be a U.S. Marshall and figured it was a good path to get him where he wanted to be. The loss of a leg or even the serious injuries he has endured, mean to him, the death of his dream. Yesterday, a U.S. Marshall came to his room. He told John that he could do book work until he started rehab. Then he could begin his marshall training while still at Walter Reed and that the job was his if he wanted it!

John had been so worried about how he would provide for his wife and what would come next. I tear up every time I think of it. From tragedy comes grace. Praise God!

John has been visiting with the chaplin at Walter Reed. The dr.'s are still trying to save the other leg but are preparing him in case they cannot. From what we know now, it is much worse off than we thought. John joined the service partly because he wanted to eventually be a U.S. Marshall and figured it was a good path to get him where he wanted to be. The loss of a leg or even the serious injuries he has endured, mean to him, the death of his dream. Yesterday, a U.S. Marshall came to his room. He told John that he could do book work until he started rehab. Then he could begin his marshall training while still at Walter Reed and that the job was his if he wanted it!

John had been so worried about how he would provide for his wife and what would come next. I tear up every time I think of it. From tragedy comes grace. Praise God!

Andrea, Great for your mom! I hope all things work out for John and his family. Thank him for serving our country!

Heather

Wow, that is wonderful news for both your Mom and John. It sent chills down my spine to read about John's dream being fulfilled. God is Great!

From tragedy comes grace. Praise God!

AMEN!!! I love to see the way God works!! Thanks for sharing. Great news about your mom and John!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am putting up a praise tonight that we are home from the hospital with Joshua. We had to take him to the ER Tuesday night for an asthma attack. He has always responded to Albuterol before and has never been admitted. But this time was different. He had gone downhill fast, and had to be on oxygen until Friday morning. They weaned him off gradually and then kept him overnight just to make sure he did not relapse. He was discharged this morning, and we are glad he is back to his self and home! It was hard being away from Lydia to be with Joshua and hard to be away from Joshua to be with Lydia. Larry and I took turns, and we had great help from my mom and sister in taking care of Lydia.

I did not mention this earlier because we had not gotten in touch with Nichole, and I didn't want her to find out on the forum. We talked to her yesterday, and she was upset. But I assured her that he was "out of the woods" and doing great. She said she was ready to hop on a plane to come see for herself!! If all goes as planned, she can see for herself in three weeks!

My advice to anyone whose child has even just begun to have breathing problems is to try to talk with an asthma educator. Although Joshua was not diagnosed with asthma until about a year ago (they always hesitate to give that diagnosis), he has been on asthma maintenance meds since he was 15 mos. We would get bits and pieces of information from different doctors over the past 5 years, and we began to learn his triggers and what to do ourselves, but I wish we would have had someone help us with a comprehensive action plan early on. It's a scary thing, but KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

I did not mention this earlier because we had not gotten in touch with Nichole, and I didn't want her to find out on the forum.

I'm sure Nichole appreciated you holding off on sharing this information about Joshua until you could tell her personally :) I know my dad hates learning something about me from someone else--even at this age :(

I'm glad that Joshua is feeling better.

Cathy