Putting up a Praise!!!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Tricia, what a blessing... both that your son's dear birthmama feels ready for this meeting at last, and that you appreciate her courage, so! May it be just the beginning! What a beautiful gift for your family as you wrap up your finalization tour... had you not committed all that extra time after your court hearing in order to enable Jonas' birthgrandparents to see him, this would not have been possible for Jonas' birthmom... bless you, for keeping those promises you made to that family and to your son, back on Placement Day. Wishing you a wonderful meeting, today!

Cannot wait to hear how things went Tricia. I am so excited for Jonas and your families! It gives me hope for my daughters birthmothers.

Heather

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and best wishes for today's meeting. We can't wait until 1:00 this afternoon. I can't believe how excitedly nervous I am....I've already been telling Jonas what a special day today will be. I'm sure he understands. :P

We are going to meet "R" (Jonas' birthmother) and "A" (Jonas' birthgrandmother) here in our hotel room for a few hours, then are planning to go out to eat. The ladies at the hotel here have been so sweet - check out time is 11 am, but they are letting us check out late with no charge so that we can meet "R" here. They just asked that we be out by 6 pm.

I will update you all as soon as possible. Thanks again for your prayers. Keep 'em coming! :D

Definitely Putting up a Praise!!!!

What an incredible day we had...better than I could have ever imagined! Jonas' birthmom was just precious and so beautiful! We hugged and cried, then cried and hugged some more. We played with Jonas and talked about his every adorable feature and development.

I read somewhere on the forum about reunions of babies and their birthmom's - I don't remember right now where the thread is, but it was so true. For the last week or so Jonas has been very wary of strangers and he cries when someone he doesn't know tries hold him. (I think it's because of all the changes he's been through in the last two weeks.) Today, he did not do that with "R". He went right to her and sat on her lap, touched her face and talked to her just like he knew her. I was so amazed!

"R" wrote the sweetest letter to Jonas - it was, I think, six pages long and I just balled when I read it. I have so many pictures and sweet memories of today. I didn't want it to end, but "R" had to go to work. I can't imagine how much strength it must have taken for her to go to work after saying goodbye to Jonas.

Thank you for all your prayers and wishes! I have to pack and get to bed because we fly home tomorrow morning.

Are you going to have contact in the future?

I hope so....we made it clear that we'd love to stay in contact, but she did not give us an answer either way. I know we will stay in contact with her mother (Jonas' birthgrandmother). We are just so excited that we got to spend this special day with "R". It is a day we will never forget!

Are you going to have contact in the future?

I hope so....we made it clear that we'd love to stay in contact, but she did not give us an answer either way. I know we will stay in contact with her mother (Jonas' birthgrandmother). We are just so excited that we got to spend this special day with "R". It is a day we will never forget!

All very positive. With the open door you have with Jonas' birthgrandmother and the positive experience of the reunion, all things are possible. What a blessing.

Tricia,

I'm so glad you and Jonas were able to reunite with his Birthmother. It has to be so difficult when you truly want that openess and it isn't there. Don't ever give up. Personally, Dante's Birthmother needed time at the beginning and now she tells me how she really knows we love her NO MATTER WHAT. I said to her yes, we sure do... no matter what. Best wishes on continued contact.

Claudia

• 2 weeks later...

Just lifting a praise as I learned last night that my cousin Bob, who has spent the last 4 years in Iraq (as a Marine doing special operations tours), is FINALLY HOME (US) and can now retire from the Corps, finish school, etc. He was often gone for a couple weeks at a time where he could not communicate with anyone from the field so it was very stressful for his family.

Prayers for all our soldiers, May they all stay safe

-A

Edited by Adam & Beth

Tonight, a prayer of thanks for

all our Forum family members,

and in particular, our Elite.

These most-loyal of members have made the Forum

a near-daily mission of love for many years,

reaching out to others, sharing joys and concerns and

always striving to learn more for their family's sake.

We are grateful for their wisdom and dedication,

and all they do to make the Forum

a welcoming oasis for all our members

across the triad and across the globe!

As per weadoptedthree's request ... :)

I know this really belongs in putting up a praise, but I can't find it, so if someone else knows where that thread is, could you please move this there? Thanks!

Happiness is when your 12 1/2 year old daughter musters up the courage and goes way out of her comfort zone to try out for and make the school play. She had a small part with no lines, but we are so proud of our daughter, Cassie, who performed in front of 200 people three nights in a row and had a blast doing it (even though she was so nervous!). Go Cassie, you are awesome! We love watching you grow up and can't imagine where the last 12 years have gone! ;)

How exciting Karen! I can just imagine how much you guys were beaming, seeing your baby girl up there! Congratulations Cassie! What a fantastic experience and accomplishment! (Theater/Drama is very near and dear to my heart - I was very involved in theater in high school and had a part in The Music Man my freshman year and had a part in Oklahoma! my sophmore year then did some Shakespeare stuff my Junior year - so.....I'm SUPER proud of Cassie too! Way to go!!!)

-Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

HALLELUIA!

Abrazo passed its annual, unannounced Licensing inspection today with flying colors.

Thanking God for a great staff, great clients, great cases and today's perfect score!

Yeah! Congrats girls!!! We appreciate it so much!!!

HALLELUIA!

Abrazo passed its annual, unannounced Licensing inspection today with flying colors.

Thanking God for a great staff, great clients, great cases and today's perfect score!

And we would expect nothing less. Congratulations!!! All your hard work paying off! Now, go home and have a margarita!