Putting up a Praise!!!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to raise a praise for the Abrazo program.

In a simple whirlwind weekend (Orientation) you managed to pair us with some awesome couples that are not only good people who form an awesome support group in our journey towards parenthood, but also are people that are we can truly call that special word....FRIENDS.

Thank you Abrazo :)

Edited by Adam & Beth

Putting up a praise -- Alicia had her six-month well baby checkup today. She came home in September at 11.5 pounds. Today, she weighed 19.5 pounds! She's doing so well and both girls are so happy. What better to praise than that?

Putting up a praise today for a wonderful man named George, who made his wedding vows to me 25 years ago today and faithfully has kept them ever since.

He has given ... and continues to give ... me a million reasons every day to be FeelingBlessed!

:D

Happy, happy anniversary George and Karen!! May God bless you with at least 25 more years (and 25 more....) Besides being an inspiration to me, you are a precious family to know! I know the Memphis gang is "feelingblessed" to see you each year!

Now go out and CELEBRATE!! (and tell us about the rated-G parts!)

Love,

Susan

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful thing to celebrate!!! :) And also a big YAHOO on the news about your health from earlier this month (I'm just getting caught up)!

Putting up a praise today for a wonderful man named George, who made his wedding vows to me 25 years ago today and faithfully has kept them ever since.

He has given ... and continues to give ... me a million reasons every day to be FeelingBlessed!

:D

Aw, that's SO sweet. Congratulations, kids!!! :lol:

Hey, everyone -- thanks so much for the well-wishes on our anniversary! It was a great day filled with lots of memories and feelings of gratefulness for our time together.

In response to suebee's request for the G-rated part of our anniversary celebration, we went to see "Hairspray" at the theater last night -- it was loads of fun! But, for the X-rated part of our celebration ... well, that will occur this weekend as we travel to Dallas for two days of fun "sans" the kiddos! As the Pink song goes, "Let's get this party started!" ;)

(Hmmm, and maybe I better put my mom and dad on the prayer list since they will be keeping the girls??!! :P )

Edited by FeelingBlessed

My Sister-In-Law is a single mother who has been living with us for the past 6 months. She is moving out this week with our niece. She just passed the HESSIE (sp) which means she has completed everything for her nursing degree and can now get a GOOD JOB as a nurse and it should help out SO much with meeting the demands of a raising a 3 year old as a single mom.

She still has the formal nursing boards in front of her in about a month, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction for her career.

We are so VERY excited for her :D (and happy to be getting the house back to just the two of us -- we will be setting up (reestablishing) the nursery soon).

Congrats to your sister-in-law! I hope she finds a great job!

Thanks. She had things lined up to work at the hospital as it can pay much better than private practice offices. But, then she figured that you simply can't replace spending time with your daughter so I think she is going to go with private practice since the hours are set and she can be home with Lily (her daughter) in the evenings.

HALLELUIA!
Tonight I send this prayer of thanks...
for two caring social workers in two different cities,
who referred two newly-delivered moms to Abrazo today;
for two devoted staff members, Angela and Pamela,
who sacrified their personal plans for this weekend,
to minister to their needs right away;
for two new babies-on-the-ground,
whose lives have just begun and
whose futures sparkle in the balance;
and for one great God, from Whom all blessings flow.

AMEN!

What a blessing to all!!!

How wonderful! I can't wait to hear more of this! Great news, thanks for sharing!!!

Great news indeed. Can't wait to hear more on this. Hopefully someone who has been waiting a long time will finally have their prayers answered. God is good.

A million thanks to Angela and Pamela for giving up your weekend. You two are SUPER!!!

Edited by Andy n Ewa

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a prayer of thanks for our Abrazo community; especially for those who have continued to remain involved over the years and go out of their way to offer support to others in need, especially on short notice and in times of crisis.

To have former clients-turned-true-friends, whom we can call on for help is such a gift. To be able to pick up a phone and ask you to stand by those now facing hardships you yourselves previously encountered means so much to us (and to them). We deeply appreciate the kindness of these folks, who give of themselves so selflessly, however painful the revisiting of their past experiences may be; yours is a very special ministry of love.

Those of you who have graciously responded to a family in need this week know who you are and we thank God for each one of you.

• 1 month later...

Around Christmastime, I posted a request for prayers for Katie, an eleven-year-old adopted from China by a single father, who died unexpectedly over the holidays. Today, this update arrived, so I wanted to share it, with many thanks to all of you who lifted the family in prayer during their time of loss. Katie is now being adopted by her father's sister, Terry and her spouse, and it was Terry who sent this report:

Katie happily informed me on Monday that she had been at (her new school) for nine weeks. She was thinking about her report card of course. I was thinking, geez...time flies when there is an 11 yr old living in your house!

For the most part, things have gone well. Katie is doing so well in school that she has been invited to test for the gifted and talented program this spring. Additionally, Katie auditioned for choir. She made it. She is confident that she will have a solo in the spring concert. She continues her private voice lessons here at TLU. I have actually found a marvelous camp for her this summer in Austin at St. Stephen's. It is a one week musical theater camp for children ages 9 to 12. She is thrilled...

I would say that the most difficult thing for all of us regarding our adjustment is the adjustment of a child who previously lived with a single parent who did not work, to a child with two "parents" who both work. My brother's life was filled to overflowing with Katie and her activities. It was what he loved! Katie was able to be involved in so many things and Jim got the additional benefit of getting out of the house and meeting and socializing with a plethora of interesting and engaging people. Katie has come to realize that things are definitely different, but that the situation has its good points and bad points. A family of three has a different dynamic. She has been fully absorbed into (both our families). Katie does enjoy play dates and sleepovers with her new friends, although not like she did in San Antonio.

In August, we fly to Atlanta to visit Jerry's brother and his family. I think I told you that he and his wife recently adopted two children who are about Katie's age. Katie is really excited about this trip, as she has not been on an airplane since her trip from China...

Thank you again for all you have done for my family.

Fondly, Terry

May God continue to make His presence known in the hearts of all who mourn and may He turn their sorrow into dancing, all in due time.