Putting up a Praise!!!

I was just thinking that this would be a good time to put a topic up that we can all share our praises. You know things that brighten your day, make you smile, lift you up, and, inspire you to be be more.

I was just lying in bed this morning when I heard my guys running and playing like wild men. They were soooooo happy! I heard playing power rangers and racing cars. Even in the midst of all their "rough n' tough" boy games I heard Teyler tell Tyson...." I love you Ty-Ty...you are my best brother".....Tyson says "Yeah I wuv you to Teya". This made me smile sooo big as I thought of how blessed I am to have two boys that "fit" as a family with me like an amazing puzzle designed by God!

Just thought I would share this special moment ..now go ahead send up a Praise!

Sabrina

Edited by TeyandTy's Mom

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday when Angel came home everyone was excited and exhausted! It had been a long emotional day for all involved.

That first evening Angel started jumping up and down saying over and over,"I MADE IT...I MADE IT!!!!" grinning from ear to ear.

It just melted my heart. I thanked God that she HAD "made it" and that we had too! :)

I was just thinking...I went out to lunch the other day with some friends from work. I had a great time. They can make me laugh even on my worst day. It got me to thinking of how lucky I am to work with wonderful people who I actually like working around. I love my job....even when it gets stressfull.

Then I started thinking about a very special friend who I can tell anything to. She is always there. She too can make me smile and laugh even on my worst day. I think how fortunate I am to be blessed with such a friend. Thanks you!

My life is so rich...with great people!

Sabrina

I have a praise...I am returning to the classroom on Tuesday!! I got a call today about a kindergarten maternity leave today. I will be in this classroom until Christmas break and one of the best things is the teacher does not have any sick days left so I will be paid regular pay!!

Grace Ann lately has been praying for a sister/brother and for Mommy to go to work so she could go to preschool, so when I told her I got a job she said "No way Mommy!!" :D

Yeah Melissa!

I have a praise to mention....As I was cooking dinner last night I received a call from Teyler s teacher. I have known her for a while. She and I worked together when I got the call about Teyler when he was born. She said "Sabrina I am completely in love with your son. She said is is a sweetheart." "I'd like to share a story with you....We were talking about how the children got their names. Teyler said "My mommy got on a plane to Texas and went to meet my birthmother...My birthmother named me Teyler and my mommy liked that name. So they called me Teyler...My daddy looked down from heaven and said I want your name to be Daniel like me." So they call me Teyler Daniel.

She said he spoke so WELL and PROUDLY about his being adopted. She loved that he was so open and proud.

I just cried because I was so proud of him!

Sign me One Proud Momma!

To: Hi Everyone

I am very excited and very nervous. "Putting up a praise". Sterling is riding tonight in front of the President yes our leader of the country. I pray that he does good and stays healthy Amen.

Also, Wesley and his little family is driving to Kansas to see Jennifer's family for the Labor day Weekend. I pray that they stay safe and to all whom is traveling through this busy weekend.

From

LoLo' World

Edited by LoLo

I just love this thread!

<<<I have a tiny little praise every day!

Sabrina! What an amazing thing-tears in my eyes! I am grateful the teacher called and shared that with you!

Holly! So glad to see you posting in your spare LoLo time!!! :)

Edited by Don&Andrea

What an awesome place!

My pookie picked up one of her baby dolls and put it up on her tiny shoulder with a pat pat pat and ummmah kiss and rocked her. My heart leapt as my prayer has been, Lord let me be the Mother that you want me to be to fulfill Camille's needs. To teach her for life ahead and prepare for life beyond my reach. That she have the ability to reach out to others and touch their lives in a very special way.

My prayers continue yet for her age, I think she's picking up on it.

To have children of credibility is to be a credibile person.

God Bless All the Forementioned.

Thanks for sharing your blessings.

Nita,

How Beautifully written!!!!

When I pick up Maya in the wee morning hours to feed her, I sing the Maya Shivanni Singh song. While her little eyes are closed and she is drinking her milk, she is smiling while I sing to her. Throughout the day I sing her the Maya song and she just smiles big!! It is a connection since we had brought her home that I know is close to her heart. My heart just melts. I pray too that I am the best mom that I could possibly be to her!! Maya is truly a Godsend.

Kathy

Hey Sabrina,

You are a proud Mama and you should be. I am a proud mama too. Yea :D Sterling did not embarrass me last night "He Kicked ya know" Thank you Jesus.

Hey Kathy,

When I saw you in Target the other day I could tell you are a proud mama you should be she is absolutely perfect.

Holly (LoLo' World)

I'm thanking God today for all the birthfamilies and adoptive families we have who are taking advantage of the opportunity to meet and build relationships "up close and personal" and long before the baby even gets here.

Both pre- and post-placement visits between adoptive families and birthfamilies are such a special investment of time, money and self... what a gift to the children involved, to know that those who love them genuinely care about each other, as well.

It is such a blessing to work with folks who understand the importance of openness and who are committed to "beginning with the end in mind"; the "end" not being the placement but rather, the well-being, identity and adjustment of the child they'll share.

I would like to thank God for leading us to this place, during this time. We are grateful and humbled to become a part of this loving community. The faith and strength we see here are true gifts from God. And thank you, God, for the family we are to become.

Amen.

Edited by David & Ellouise

• 3 weeks later...

Last week Doug's mom was told she had thyroid cancer. Her surgery was yesterday to remove her thyroid but when the surgery happened thay found that it was not cancer just rapidly growing cells (which could lead to cancer but they found it early). To say the least she is over the moon and doing cartwheels in her head.

Guest BeachMama

I'd like to add my praise for two wonderful women who came into my life when I needed them most - my wonderful therapist and my amazing homestudy social worker. After a very painful experience with another adoption agency, I was wounded to my core. I sought therapy to heal my soul and began the homestudy process again with a new agency. Both mothers (one bio and one adoptive) these women have helped me rebuild my trust in myself (as a survivor and as a future mother), the adoption process and in our future. As our homestudy winds down (our SW is almost finished with the write-up), I don't yet know where our path will take us, but I do know that we are finally on the right road, with the right people at our sides. I'm very lucky that God brought me these women, and I will never forget the support they have provided me.

Jennifer,

What wonderful news!

Alison,

I'm glad you found peace after the storm.

Blessings to all.

Claudia

Alison,

People are in our path for reasons and seasons...I am so happy that this part of the adoption process is now in your review mirror.

Amen

heidi

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post this here as it seems the most appropriate place. I have been searching for a new church home for my boys and I. I have been attending the same church since about a year before Teyler was born. I have felt "comfortable" there. However, for the past year or so....I have'nt "felt" anything while sitting there on Sunday mornings. There are virtually NO children in the church....the average age is about 55....there is not a sunday school class for either me or my boys...and if you happen to over slept on Sunday morning ...you have missed your chance for worship because that's all there is.

Teylers Teacher has been trying to get us to come to church with her for quite some time and I have said no because I felt obligated to our church. Well four Sundays ago we visited her church and have gone every Sunday since. My heart is filled everytime I have come out of the service. They have a praise team that is amazing, they have childrens programs on Wednesday night, Sunday school classes for me and my guys, I signed both of my boys up for basketball through their UPWARD basketball program, and most of all the people are so warm and welcoming and seem truly glad we are there.

I felt guilty about going at first...but, then I figured God led me there and then opened my heart. SO, as I sit here tonight I am overjoyed that I think I may have found a church that both my boys and I can call home.

What a great praise!

Chris used to be a youth director at a local church that had 2 youth. The Sunday School class we were in was for ages 65 and below. The church was slowly dying and most of the people there didn't really care. I truly understand your praise tonight.

It is wonderful to leave church feeling filled instead of drained. :)

Can't wait to see pictures of your little men playing ball!

Hi Sabrina,

I just had to respond to your post. :)

I had the same type thing happen, kinda. I was raised Catholic, in church every Sunday dead or alive (believe me there were Sunday's I felt totally dead), ccd classes during the week, catholic high school, the works. Well, I totally rebelled when I was able to, right after I got married (in the Catholic Church). I was mad at God oh for about 25 years, due to a huge loss I had suffered as a teenager (the death of my Dad), and losses I continued to suffer in my young adulthood (infertility), like it was His fault. I felt like a hypocrite going to church knowing the way I really felt. I did not know anything else but to just stay away, leave the Church and Him.

Until about a year ago... a friend invited me to her Church...just a casual invitation, probably never expecting me to really go. But I did, because I knew I was ready, I needed Church and was not certain how to begin again, finding where I would feel comfortable. Well guess what, I was touched at the service, I cannot really explain it, maybe I just really needed to be there, I felt so comfortable with their Church and connecting with God again.

Well, this church is our neighborhood Methodist Church...I have been going most Sundays, my girls participate in the choir, they love the children's sermon (something I had never experienced) and it feels like my big family...but in all honesty, I have not totally crossed over in my heart because I feel like I am betraying my Catholic upbringing, even though I have spent the last 25 years saying that I am not a religious person, spiritual yes.

While I am working on the crossing over part, finding my own personal relationship with God, I do find myself more and more connected with Him! Recently, I attended a Woman's Retreat with the Church, another wonderful experience for me (thanks to God and some faith on my part). I signed up to host a dessert table for eight at the Christmas by Candlelight evening in December, as I am thrilled to serve and meet others that know God in a way I am only beginning to understand.

And the best news in my life, from all of this, is I have come to know that while I thought I left God many years ago, He never really left me! :)

Karen

Karen,

That is great! Funny thing though.....I left the Methodist church and am now attending the Nazrene church down the street. I was a little apprehensive to go there because i did'nt know what to expect.

I am just of the belief that God is not going to separate all of th denominations....if that's the case I grew up Baptist and I will surely be sitting on the back row :D !