Putting up a Praise!!!

It's taken a long time and more patience than anyone could ever know, but our Forum friends Maury and Debra are FINALLY ready to finalize the adoption of their little boy, as a Bexar County judge ruled in Abrazo's favor in the contested termination that has wound its way through the court system for nearly 2 years. We are thankful that the birthfather reassessed his position regarding the child's best interests and despite his disappearance has enabled the adoption to proceed. Blessings, all!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's taken a long time and more patience than anyone could ever know, but our Forum friends Maury and Debra are FINALLY ready to finalize the adoption of their little boy, as a Bexar County judge ruled in Abrazo's favor in the contested termination that has wound its way through the court system for nearly 2 years. We are thankful that the birthfather reassessed his position regarding the child's best interests and despite his disappearance has enabled the adoption to proceed. Blessings, all!

What and awesome Thanksgiving Blessing!!!!

Congratualtions Maury, Debra, Samantha, Nicholas, Tessa and Tristin!!

Maury and Debra,

I couldn't be happier for you! We all knew that Nicholas was meant to forever be yours!

Thank you everyone. It's been a long wait for this day, but we continued to keep the faith.

Thanks to Abrazo, especially Renee, who traveled to meet with Nicholas' birthfather, and for continuing to work so hard on Nicholas' behalf and ours :)

We are definitely THANKFUL this THANKSGIVING

So, I guess we'll be visiting San Antonio around Christmas??:D

We couldn't think of a better place to be!!!

Congratulations Abrazo, Maury, Debra and family! What a great way to end the year! :D

Heather

• 5 months later...

We are thrilled to let all of you know that Lib Steadman (Jim's mom) has returned to assisted living life at Steadman Hill, following ten months of hospital and nursing home care…and more ups, downs, setbacks and triumphs than we can count.

She moved back on Friday, May 1 to a smaller, cozier room located closer to the main dining hall and gathering area. She is walking again with her “hot rod” walker – somewhat slower and more cautiously than before, but definitely under her own power…and with a mind that’s much clearer than it’s been in more than a year. She is, without a doubt, a miracle to us, her caregivers and therapists, and all family and friends.

And to all of you…thanks so much for all of the prayers, thoughts and good wishes that helped us get back to where we are today.

Hurrah!!! What great news!

Praise :D

What a fighter! God bless you Mrs. Steadman! Thanks for sharing this wonderful news!

• 5 months later...

I knew that this thread was around here somewhere. I just have to share as I am SO VERY EXCITED!!!

Many of you know that the agency we used for Arianna's adoption had their license revoked earlier this year and were shut down. I was terrified that we would never be able to contact Arianna's mom, as we had no good information on her. I have been reading this blog where people have shared their (mostly negative) experiences with the agency. Today I went to read it, and SHE WAS THERE!!!! I don't mean to be shouting, but I have been laughing and crying since I first read her post. I replied quickly on there and then e-mailed her at the addy given. Can you tell I am excited????!!!!

Arianna is so sensitive and it has always been difficult with only sending pics and letters through the agency as that was all she wanted. Now there is no go-between, so please pray that she is open to dealing with us on a more regular basis. I love having access to Nichole's family and hope to have that with Arianna's as well!

WOW, Amanda, such WONDERFUL news -- I feel excited along with you!!

I'll definitely be praying for her, that she is open and ready and this is the right and perfect time to begin a closer relationship with all of you. :)

I knew that this thread was around here somewhere. I just have to share as I am SO VERY EXCITED!!!

Many of you know that the agency we used for Arianna's adoption had their license revoked earlier this year and were shut down. I was terrified that we would never be able to contact Arianna's mom, as we had no good information on her. I have been reading this blog where people have shared their (mostly negative) experiences with the agency. Today I went to read it, and SHE WAS THERE!!!! I don't mean to be shouting, but I have been laughing and crying since I first read her post. I replied quickly on there and then e-mailed her at the addy given. Can you tell I am excited????!!!!

Arianna is so sensitive and it has always been difficult with only sending pics and letters through the agency as that was all she wanted. Now there is no go-between, so please pray that she is open to dealing with us on a more regular basis. I love having access to Nichole's family and hope to have that with Arianna's as well!

Amanda, this is wonderful news, indeed! I remember how overwhelming openness once seemed to you all, and I thank God for all that has happened since then that now empowers you to embrace the possibility of access! If Abrazo can help in any way with your reconnections with Arianna's first mom, please (please!) don't hesitate to let us know. We consider Arianna (and all who belong to her) as part of our Abrazo family, and that goes for her birthmom, as well. :wub:

Amanda,

That is awesome. I'm very excited for you and will pray that a relationship develops.