Julie

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to your new addition to your family

Tracey

Congratulations Aunt Beth!

Micah shares a birthday with my 2nd cousin! Brian Micheal was born this morning too, 9 lbs. 12 oz.! His two big sisters are excited to welcome him home! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share what my parents did last year and are doing again this year. Throughout the year, they attend various charity events, and most have silent auctions. They bid on items for the sole purpose of winning and donating to our raffle at Camp Abrazo. This year already looks exciting!

So far we have...

A handcrafted toddler rocking chair, painted royal blue with matching blanket (very adorable!)...

Two ceramic angels, one lights up with different hues, the other a small statue. Both are beautiful!

And a handmade animal print quilt, jungle theme. Really neat!

There's more... but it's a Surprise!!!

So So Excited!!!! And thankful to them for always thinking of ways to help! Go Grandpaw Bruce and Grandma Pat!

Karen

How dear of them! Grandma Pat and Grandpa Bruce are such a precious part of our Abrazo's community, and how like them, to find a way to make their charitable gifts work twice as hard to help those in need! What a blessing they are, to all of us! Big hugs to each and every member of our Family who go above and beyond the call to support Abrazo's cause!! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

We did get a call from Nichole's birthmom today letting us know that she is ok. It did open up some dialogue for us, and in that way I do think that her trust in us is building. What an amazing thing for us to be a part of!

Another praise is that the closer we get to being able to finalize, she continues to say that she looks forward to meeting us and seeing Nichole!!!

Just a little praise! Teyler and I were able to talk with his Birthfather yesterday! My boy smiled from ear to ear!

• 2 weeks later...

We heard from Zachary's birthmom on his birthday. We were on our ICPC in Galveston when she called.We are hoping to have him talk to her soon. He is 2 and likes to talk on the phone and sometimes just listen. :D we had not heard from her in awhile. She works evenings so I am trying to call her to have him talk to her before she goes to work.

It was nice to have her call and hear her voice and know she got her old job back.

Take Care.

Laural

• 2 weeks later...

My heart is full of praise today for a great friend. I asked my friend to climb Mt shasta with me and she was such a huge champion and support. then I found out that this week was the 5th anniversary of her first day clean and sober. WOW is all I can say that she would spend her "anniversary" celebrating with me. She shared with me reservations that many have about her because of her "past" - I look at her, her wonderful personality, her goodness and all that she is today and thank my heavenly father for the gift of her friendship.

Suzi,

Congratulations to your friend, and you for being such a wonderful friend. I'm sure your friend already knows how wonderful of a person and friend you are to confide in you this anniversary she has. Putting up Praise for you and your friend.

Tracey

On Sunday afternoon Nathan cast his first line into the water and caught his first fish. It was such a joy to see him experience this. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me! He also got into the river, finally and had some fun in the water.

Yay Nathan! I love trout fishing in Arkansas, but with the two little ones it has been put on hold for a while. I got to do it for a little bit last August when my sister and her family were in town. Before the girls, I went to my moms several times a year to go fishing with her.

Great job Nathan!! Riley and Colby went fishing this weekend as well and they loved it. Of course colby is just like his birthmother and is a complete animal lover that he wanted to hold every fish that was caught. He kept talking to the fishes like he could really hold a conversation with them. It was very cute.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to share this praise. Earlier last week I shared with Tyson that he should pray for his birthgrandmother Linda because she is sick (she has cancer). I did'nt tell him exactly what was wrong with her just that she is sick. So, yesterday we went to church and the boys went to their class. Apparently during Tysons class the kids put together a praise and prayer list. Tyson told his teacher to pray for his birthgrandmother Linda in Texas. I did'nt know he did it. So, a while ago I received an email of the church prayer list that is sent to all church members. I looked through each one and near the bottom it read...

Tyson Rohmiller- My birthgrandmother Linda in Texas

I am so proud...they get it! I called K his birthmother and told her and she was so happy and teared up!

God is Good!

We had Nathan baptised this weekend and it went extremely well. Little Man was very well behaved and even "hammed it up" with the congregation as he yelled Da-Da-Da!, smiled, and then started clapping once the baptism had taken place. It was a hoot.

Today I received an email from a church friend who said he had written this poem Sunday based on "Nathan's baptism and our happiness". I thought it was very nice and quite special and wanted to share:

Poem by: Alan Sefton

This Child May He

Thanks be to God for this child...

May he be slow to anger with temperment mild

May he grow in both wisdom and years

May he turn to You with all his fears

May he experience Your love and Your grace

May he have a smile upon his face

May he care for and show others the way

May he always worship You and pray

May he see life as sacred and blessed

May he not be by material wealth impressed

Rather, in Your love and Your care

May he trust You more and fully dare

To live out his belief in word and deed

Helping improve this world in need

How lovely, Adam! Thank you for sharing it... and for raising your child by this creed, as I know you will!

Thanks for sharing in our joy Elizabeth and Susan :) We're going to have the poem printed & laminated and it will go in Nathan's baby book. :)

At this rate, I'm going to need a bigger baby book for him as we've documented so many special times and so many baby's Firsts! :D

It's hard to believe this little tyke of mine is almost 1 year old already :o

Peace be with you all,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on Nathan's baptism. It sounds like it was fun. The poem is also very neat. It is nice to have people so talented share in our joy.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care.

Laural

Congratulations on Nathan's baptism. It sounds like it was fun. The poem is also very neat. It is nice to have people so talented share in our joy.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care.

Laural

Thanks Laural :)

He was a good sport and we are happy (and relieved) to have it done.

-A

• 2 months later...

Zachary was so cute at Joshua's baptism. He lasted about 1/2 of the service. He would imitate the choir. He took a prayer card and held it in front of his face to act like he was holding a book and singing. He went to his first children's sermon. My niece took him up there with her. My dad did the service and wore a Kente cloth robe to remind the children of my dad's dad who served 20years as a missionary in the Belgian Congo now Congo. He did the service that was responsive and the congregation did not do great following him but I guess we will print it out and send it with the copy of the video we send to Joshua's birthmom.

Laural

• 1 month later...

Dit mon la verite'!

The AbrazoChicks are lifting a prayer of thanks, this afternoon! after receiving great news on behalf of some Abrazo againers who have been enduring a contested adoption for nearly a year, now! The man who had originally admitted paternity, who was fighting for custody, who had repeatedly refused to submit to D.N.A. testing, was finally compelled to cooperate under court order, and guess what?!?! This adoptive family will soon be free to finalize, because after all the months of waiting and wondering, it turns out he wasn't the baby's father, after all! Much as we regret the unnecessary complications this man's legal challenge caused in their lives, we are infinitely thankful for their dedication to the baby and to his birthmama, and we celebrate with them as they now turn their attentions towards the quest of becoming a forever family in every sense of the word! Blessings, all.

God is Good :) Congratulations to this forever family!!!

Dit mon la verite'!

The AbrazoChicks are lifting a prayer of thanks, this afternoon! after receiving great news on behalf of some Abrazo againers who have been enduring a contested adoption for nearly a year, now! The man who had originally admitted paternity, who was fighting for custody, who had repeatedly refused to submit to D.N.A. testing, was finally compelled to cooperate under court order, and guess what?!?! This adoptive family will soon be free to finalize, because after all the months of waiting and wondering, it turns out he wasn't the baby's father, after all! Much as we regret the unnecessary complications this man's legal challenge caused in their lives, we are infinitely thankful for their dedication to the baby and to his birthmama, and we celebrate with them as they now turn their attentions towards the quest of becoming a forever family in every sense of the word! Blessings, all.