Putting up a Praise!!!

Wonderful news Mandy!! I'm so happy for your family and will continue praying for strength and healing for your dad!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to give an update and a praise. I just got word that our pilot that was shot the other day made it to DC had the operation, and he is doing well!! (besides the bullet hole in his leg) He is now the first purple heart recipient in our squadron for this tour!! however, he will not be rejoining us out here!! Thank you everyone for your prayers!!

Loriahn, I am so glad he is doing well. And lets hope he is the only one to receive a purple heart from your squadron.

Jan

I wanted to give an update and a praise. I just got word that our pilot that was shot the other day made it to DC had the operation, and he is doing well!! (besides the bullet hole in his leg) He is now the first purple heart recipient in our squadron for this tour!! however, he will not be rejoining us out here!! Thank you everyone for your prayers!!

Loriahn, I am so glad he is doing well. And lets hope he is the only one to receive a purple heart from your squadron.

Jan

Mandy...that is wonderful news! God is good. I hope you and your Daddy sleep easier tonight with him in his own bed!

My sister called earlier and said that she and my nephew are planning to fly out to visit next Friday! They are flying on passes, so hopefully the flight will not be full and they will be able to come in as planned. Arianna was almost a year old before they got to see her, and they didn't want that to happen with Nichole.

My neice is devastated because she has to go visit her dad for spring break, and will not be able to make the trip with them. We are going to plan for her to come out here on a long weekend later on this year.

I can't wait for them to get here!!!!

I gotta brag on my hubby a little.

He was interviewed for an article in Physician's Practice. The article was the "cover story" for this issue. Jay is quoted extensively and is used as an example of what an IT guy should be. The article details what Jay does for his company, and shows of his knowledge of the latest medical software and technologies.

I know he's fabulous, but it is pretty cool to see it in print!

Tina,

That's really neat! Is there any way we could read the article and do a happy dance for Jay as well?

Yup, it's kinda neat to see my name in print in a magazine. Frankly, I was a bit nervous since you never really know what someone is going to print about you after several interviews.

To see the article, go to: http://www.physicianspractice.com/index/fu...icleID/1132.htm

You'll have to fill out a zip code, specialty and title to see the article (just make it up - here's you chance to be a physician! :-) )...

:P

Jay

"I don't mind the rat race but I could do with a little more cheese."

Tina,

That's really neat! Is there any way we could read the article and do a happy dance for Jay as well?

Yup, it's kinda neat to see my name in print in a magazine. Frankly, I was a bit nervous since you never really know what someone is going to print about you after several interviews.

To see the article, go to: http://www.physicianspractice.com/index/fu...icleID/1132.htm

You'll have to fill out a zip code, specialty and title to see the article (just make it up - here's you chance to be a physician! :-) )...

Jay

CONGRATULATIONS!! SOMETHING TO VERY PROUD OF!!!

Tracey

Tina,

Jay

CONGRATULATIONS!! SOMETHING TO VERY PROUD OF!!!

Tracey

Thank you! :P I rekon' that's my 15 minutes of fame...

From one IT guy to another, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks! I didn't know you were an It guy (now I'm scared! :o ). What do you do?

:lol: Hi Jay. No need to be scared, that's for sure.

It sounds like you have a full IT plate at work.

I work in the IT department at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I basically find & implement software solutions for various areas of the hospital. I do the Project Management, Implementation, and Support of those systems as well so our Applications team "own the process from cradle to grave". Not a programmer or anything. I leave that stuff to people like my older brother (developer for Microsoft).

-Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to send up a big "thank You, God!" because late this afternoon, while out miniature golfing with their dad, Christian powerfully swung his club too far backwards and connected with little Matthew's face.

There was apparently a lot of blood and tears and panic, before I got the summons to meet them at the emergency room, but after four hours of waiting (!) and xrays, the medical personnel think Matthew's terribly swollen little nose is NOT actually broken (and Mom is infinitely thankful that the golf club narrowly missed his left eye!)

He'll wear a big purple shiner to church for Easter this year, but he's none the worse for the wear, and big brother Christian promises to work on his golf swing (and look backwards first, next time!)

I know that this is probably just the first of many such medical adventures we'll face, with growing and active boys, but I am sure grateful that the outcome was so much better than initially expected! God is good, all the time.

Tina,

Jay

Jay we have always been proud of you but now we are especially proud and impressed. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame but to us you'll always be the Famous Smart Uncle Jay ;)

He'll wear a big purple shiner to church for Easter this year, but he's none the worse for the wear, and big brother Christian promises to work on his golf swing (and look backwards first, next time!)

Elizabeth,

Glad to hear sweet Matthew is o.k. I am sure in spite of the purple shiner...he is as cute as ever!

Glad to hear that Matthew is ok, and that Christian survived the experience too! I must admit that the photos of them are mightly cute...hope Matthew's face is not too swollen...

Susan

Glad to hear Mathew is ok, and that Christian is ok too(emotionally). I'm sure they will look back on this Easter in years to come and laugh(and thankful everyone was ok) about the big shiner at Easter.

Hoping your Easter was wonderful day.

Tracey

How scary is that and I am sure Christian felt bad. I am glad Matthew is ok. Next time maybe batters helmets are required for miniature golf.

I am glad they were in one piece for Easter quite a cute pair you have there Elizabeth.

Take Care.

Laural

I just wanted to give a praise. I have had a pretty rough view days. I have the most wonderful friends who helped me through them. God made a way to see that things are going to be just fine! God is good!