Putting up a Praise!!!

I would like to put up a praise to our daughter, Alana / 3 1/2 years. Saturday, she had over 10 inches of hair cut and donated to locks of love. She was so very proud of being able to help another little girl who does not have hair. It brought tears to our eyes to see her beautiful, below her bottom length hair cut to shoulder length, but so worth it and proud of her when she turned to the hairdresser and said. . ."I am beautiful. Thank you!!! And this hair to for another little girl to be beautiful too!!!!!"

God bless our beautiful angel!

Rhonda

Rhonda, how great to have a little one that is already concerned for others!!!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to put up a praise to our daughter, Alana / 3 1/2 years. Saturday, she had over 10 inches of hair cut and donated to locks of love. She was so very proud of being able to help another little girl who does not have hair. It brought tears to our eyes to see her beautiful, below her bottom length hair cut to shoulder length, but so worth it and proud of her when she turned to the hairdresser and said. . ."I am beautiful. Thank you!!! And this hair to for another little girl to be beautiful too!!!!!"

God bless our beautiful angel!

Rhonda

How fabulous - you should be so proud of her!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would put up this praise. I sooo did not want to get out of bed not unlike most Sundays. It seems I am up by 6 or 7a.m. most mornings that I am off. However, for some reason Sundays are the worst day for me....I really want to sleep in. The boys spent the night with grandma so I was alone. I finally got out of bed and got ready and headed for church. It turned out to be the most amazing service. It seems that the sermon was written just for me although there were a couple hundred people there. I wept...not tears of sadness but, tears of praise. Four children were baptized and their testimonies brought me to tears.

I don't miss church often but, when I do I feel like such a slug the rest of the week. It is like I need to go to get my battery recharged. I am not perfect by any stretch. It is times like this morning that I know God also realizes that and loves me anyway.

Look what God can do!

For all you nurses out there - many of you can relate to this situation "getting home and finding out you have the "KEYS" in your pocket". WELL that is what happened to me this weekend - and I had todrive back to work and get home again - I live an hours drive form work and I was exhausted from working a long tough shift.....

My praise is for a dear friend in West Virginia who talked to me for the entire drive - making me laugh so hard that I was so glad to have actually taken the keys home as is gave me a chance to connect and laugh. Big Praise for a wonderful freind!

My praise is for a dear friend in West Virginia who talked to me for the entire drive - making me laugh so hard that I was so glad to have actually taken the keys home as is gave me a chance to connect and laugh. Big Praise for a wonderful freind!

Yea for Heidi! and your forum friend! who helped you to and from, laughing all the way! :D

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

I just love our neighbors. Tonight while Delaney was getting in the shower she fell and busted open her chin. Doug wrapped her in a towel and ran next door. Dr. Doe (surgeon) cleaned her wound and called his nurse, who happened to be less thsn 5 minutes away. She came over with all his stuff, and they (Dr. and nurse) gave Delaney stitches right there on the breakfast table. She is feeling great and was an even better patient, since she trusted the doctor. The hospital is only 10 minutes away but then factor in the wait, we were back at our home in less than an hour and we even visited a little when she was all done.

I just wanted everyone to know I have the best neighbor :rolleyes: He is even going to remove the stitches for us.

I just hope that her pictures on wednesday don't show the stitches.

I just love our neighbors. Tonight while Delaney was getting in the shower she fell and busted open her chin. Doug wrapped her in a towel and ran next door. Dr. Doe (surgeon) cleaned her wound and called his nurse, who happened to be less thsn 5 minutes away. She came over with all his stuff, and they (Dr. and nurse) gave Delaney stitches right there on the breakfast table. She is feeling great and was an even better patient, since she trusted the doctor. The hospital is only 10 minutes away but then factor in the wait, we were back at our home in less than an hour and we even visited a little when she was all done.

I just wanted everyone to know I have the best neighbor :rolleyes: He is even going to remove the stitches for us.

I just hope that her pictures on wednesday don't show the stitches.

That is great!! Thats why I remember sometimes I am glad my Dad was a doctor!! Between me and my brother most of the time one of us was in stiches!!

Monday I was called into my supervisor's office. I had no idea what it was about. Upon arriving, she gave me my Item Developer's Certificate. Phew! To earn the certificate, one must work for the company for 1 year, at the end of one year, take an exam, then in the next year submit a portfolio of work showing items edited and items written (A total of 40 items). The portfolio is then assessed by two senior members of the company. AND I DID IT! And I have the paper to prove it.

:P

Congratulations, Jean! What an accomplishment!

Good going, Jean!!! You've sure come a long ways in a short time! (And to think we knew you way back when, before you were a mommy OR an item developer!) Keep up the great work, chica!

Thank you Father for keeping my family safe tonight. I have never been so terrified in all my life.

I literally saw a tornado form, and drop from the sky from my kitchen window. I only had time to grab Makenzie and head to the laundry room. I just sat with her in the floor and prayed (and played with Pooh stickers :rolleyes: ).

Our home is fine, we are fine, and we are feeling very well blessed tonight.