Putting up a Praise!!!

Sue -Glad to hear Joshua is on the mend -and thankful you found the right nurse educator......amen

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susan, I'm happy to hear that Joshua is back home an on the mend. Thank you for sharing your praise!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You, God, for my father, who turns 80 today, but whose spirit isn't a day past 40!! He's always been my best friend and I'm so proud of him.

He lives by himself (and keeps an immaculate house, unlike his daughter!), he works part-time at the local funeral home and does pulpit supply, preaching in various churches from time to time when their pastors go on vacation. He's very humble and patient and always there for me and my boys, and my brother and his family.

I'm just so very thankful for every day that the Good Lord allows us to enjoy his company and benefit from his wisdom. God is good, all the time... and I thank Him for all 80 years of my earthly father's goodness, as well.

Thank You, God, for my father, who turns 80 today, but whose spirit isn't a day past 40!! He's always been my best friend and I'm so proud of him.

He lives by himself (and keeps an immaculate house, unlike his daughter!), he works part-time at the local funeral home and does pulpit supply, preaching in various churches from time to time when their pastors go on vacation. He's very humble and patient and always there for me and my boys, and my brother and his family.

I'm just so very thankful for every day that the Good Lord allows us to enjoy his company and benefit from his wisdom. God is good, all the time... and I thank Him for all 80 years of my earthly father's goodness, as well.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your Father!

Wasn't sure if his last name is "J" so

I'll stick with "Way to Go Elizabeth's Daddy!" ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend my boys and I got to be a part of something special (at least to me). As you all know I live in West Virginia...which is NOT the most racially diverse place to live. We certainly have a nice mixture but, could use more. ;) I heard about a free kids fun day on my way to work Friday. It was being done by a man who is attending the university here.He is a Psychology major. He had a rough time growing up and got into a lot of trouble. He is an African American young man who loves horses. His name is Daymetrie "Cowboy" Williams. He has a wonderful story (look him up). He has opened a stable and has started a program for at risk teens to teach them about horses and the art of riding. He provided free horse rides, music, food, jupiter jumps...face painting you name it. My boys had a blast! The great thing was that is IIIIIII was the minority! I was one of a few who had white skin there. This guys gave African American young boys and girls something to look up to! I was so blessed to be there and let my boys meet such a positive young man...who just so happens to have brown skin like them. As a single mom I like to make sure my boys are exposed to men who are positive role models. I thank God for this opportunity.

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.dailymail.com/story/Life/200707...o-at-risk-kids/

http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/2007072517

Next time - I'll join you and we can be the minority together

• 1 month later...

Praising God for the wonderful friends I have! I thank him daily for YOU! I am blessed though many times my view is not clear. I thank him for giving me what I have. I mindful of my blessings....and hopeful for the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to share a praise! I have never had any kind of contact with Tyson's Birthmother that I have not initiated. She is so sweet and we stay in touch when I call or email. We visit each other when we come for camp. I received the sweetest Christmas Card and pictures today from her. Tyson and I opened it together and he had the biggest smile on his face.

I received the sweetest Christmas Card and pictures today from her. Tyson and I opened it together and he had the biggest smile on his face.

This is the kind of moment I long for...even though we have contact with our children's birthfamilies, it is always initiated by us.

So happy to hear your joy.

Karen

Love to hear stufff like that - Gabe got a holiday card from his birthmomma too.

Its all good

This is the kind of moment I long for...even though we have contact with our children's birthfamilies, it is always initiated by us.

Oh GOSH!!! We are so excited!

Amanda got a very important call today from Kathy (her Birthmom), she is driving down (right now) to see us. This is the FIRST Christmas we will be together!!!

I feel bad for posting what I did yesterday, when today everything feels so right! What a difference a day can make!

Karen

. Someone is monitoring the forum from above! Don't feel bad, keep posting!!! :lol:

Exactly! Karen! How wonderful! I hope you'll let us know how it goes and get lots of pictures!

Jean, I do agree, someone is monitoring this forum from above!

Andrea, thanks for asking how it went.

It was a short but sweet visit. Kathy and family came by to see the girls and leave a Christmas present under the tree for each. I know this was not an easy visit for Kathy, as they have been struggling to make ends meet. Which is why I was so surprised when Amanda said they were headed our way today. I also know they had other (just as important) reasons to not use up gas money for traveling, however it warmed our hearts to know that we were important enough. And they found a way! :)

Amanda is so proud to have a present under the tree from her Birthmom.

Karen

I would like to put up a praise to our daughter, Alana / 3 1/2 years. Saturday, she had over 10 inches of hair cut and donated to locks of love. She was so very proud of being able to help another little girl who does not have hair. It brought tears to our eyes to see her beautiful, below her bottom length hair cut to shoulder length, but so worth it and proud of her when she turned to the hairdresser and said. . ."I am beautiful. Thank you!!! And this hair to for another little girl to be beautiful too!!!!!"

God bless our beautiful angel!

Rhonda