Cancer Survivors Welcome Here!

Guest k&shope

Hurrah for halfway done Rebecca!!!

Rebecca,

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Your halfway thru, that is great. That means almost done!

Tracey

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I had a Cat Scan a couple of weeks ago, and EVERYTHING came out clear. No sign of any cancer cells forming or growing!! My CA125 (cancer screener blood test) has been in the average range since my surgery. :D

I went for my 5th treatment (out of 6) today. I'm feeling tired and I'm sure I'll be going to sleep early tonight, Thursday, and Friday. By Tuesday I should be okay, just a little tired (if I follow my other 4 cycles).

The only thing that sucks is that Thursday I will be at work all day and then I have to go to my student's DARE graduation. We'll see if I can make all that.

My 6th treatment is on Dec 23 so I'll feel crappy for Christmas. But that's okay if I never have to do that chemo med again. :P

It is hard not being a Bald Tire anymore. I feel such a closeness to all of them. I am so happy for them and everyone else that has placements or matches. I wish I could be there to get those phone calls also. My time WILL come. I have to look towards the future. It is hard going to my friends house that just had babies and hold them. It is not that I am not happy for them because I am for sure. I just wish I could be there with my baby visiting her and her baby.

Hoping everyone is healthy

-Rebecca

Oh sweet Rebecca! You are still a Bald Tire! Once you share that special weekend and make those friends, nothing will ever change that! ;) I'm so happy to hear your scans are coming back clear and that you are ready to move forward and past all this. {{{Hugs to you}}} I was just talking with another AP about how hurtful that longing for a child is and how we hurt with those still waiting. It can be crushing to have empty arms but hold on and keep the faith, your right, your time will come and won't we all be soooo excited for you! :D Sure can't wait to celebrate with you!

Rebecca,

Andrea is right. You are still a Bald Tire, and from what I've observed you are a very important part of that group as you have been a huge supporter, encourager, and cheerleader in spite of your own disappointments. Great news about your CAT scan being clear! We'll rejoice with you when treatments are over, and pray that 2009 brings you all that your heart desires!

Susan

Rebecca,

Congratulations on your clear CAT scan! That is wonderful news! I am so happy to hear the treatments are almost over! Keep the faith, you WILL have your baby before you know it. Take care of yourself, you are one special lady!

Hugs,

Melanie :)

One of the Dads' at work has a new favorite shirt " Cancer is Stipid" - I think I might have to get one. ;)

Seriously Rebecca-

I admire your spirit and you will ALWAYS be a BALD TIre at heart- - but really girl friend - Your HAIR will grow back, unlike a few others in that group ;)

I admire your spirit and you will ALWAYS be a BALD TIre at heart- - but really girl friend - Your HAIR will grow back, unlike a few others in that group ;)

Ok Heidi, I was taking a drink of tea and almost spit it out with that one!

Rebecca, continuing prayers for strength and healing as you go through this part of your journey!

We're cheering you on Rebecca and so glad you are nearing the end of treatments!!!

I think all of our losses on the way help us relate better to the brave women who make us parents.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. At least I do feel part of the BALD tires because I am now bald (thanks Heidi for that chuckle of my hair growing back).

Seriously - your words keep me lifted up and encouraged. Feel free to keep em coming :lol:

-Rebecca

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've finished my last treatmen (December 23). :D:lol: I felt okay for Christmas, just a little tired. I am now today actually feeling I can get off the couch and do some cleaning. <_< I go for another CAT SCAN next week.

So I went through a period of feeling sorry for myself which makes me really mad at myself. :angry: I got to thinking that it's been 4 years since we tried to start a family. We found out we couldn't so looked into adoption. Once we committed to adoption I was okay and started feeling happy again. We were so looking forward to soon having a little one to love. We had friends having problems also with getting pregnant so we had a couple of people to share our feelings with. Fast forward to now. We are still in limbo because of the cancer and all our friends have now had their babies. I'm am so happy for them but I feel like we've been left in the dust.

I know I need to take care of myself first. I know God has a plan for us and it may not be the one we thought it would be. We have to be patient.... I know all the sayings because I say them to myself all the time.

Sorry. I just needed to vent. It helps to get it out sometimes. I love the forum and how much support you all provide.

-Rebecca

Rebecca -

You go ahead and spill it here...vent away. I can only be hear to listen and give you a HUGE cyber hug. Why this is your path and process....I don't have a clue. Its not quick or easy or simple process by any means......

Rebecca, I'm so sorry and I am glad you are venting. Getting it out is the best medicine!! We are here for you girl! Sending many prayers of healing and comfort your way!

(((Rebecca))) God has a plan for us! Blessings and health and healing to you --your Abrazo family :D

Rebecca -- hugs to you! God gives us what we can handle, and often it seems so difficult and doesn't make sense. Keep your faith in him, and he will gradually show you the path he has chosen. It's so difficult going through the infertility while it seems that everyone else is getting pregnant, and now with your friends adopting and having children. We'll keep you in our prayers, and are so glad that you trust all of us in forum land that you are able to share your feelings.

Prayers to you!

First of all CONGRATS!!!!! Rebecca on your LAST treatment. That is the BEST news!!! What a weight that has been lifted. Keep venting, that is part of our job here on the forum. IT will happen for you guys just keep the faith.

Jan

On another note, I heard from my cancer doctor today and I am HAPPY to say I am now 2 YEARS cancer free :D Yeah me!!!

Well, I've finished my last treatmen (December 23). :D:lol: I felt okay for Christmas, just a little tired. I am now today actually feeling I can get off the couch and do some cleaning. <_< I go for another CAT SCAN next week.

So I went through a period of feeling sorry for myself which makes me really mad at myself. :angry: I got to thinking that it's been 4 years since we tried to start a family. We found out we couldn't so looked into adoption. Once we committed to adoption I was okay and started feeling happy again. We were so looking forward to soon having a little one to love. We had friends having problems also with getting pregnant so we had a couple of people to share our feelings with. Fast forward to now. We are still in limbo because of the cancer and all our friends have now had their babies. I'm am so happy for them but I feel like we've been left in the dust.

I know I need to take care of myself first. I know God has a plan for us and it may not be the one we thought it would be. We have to be patient.... I know all the sayings because I say them to myself all the time.

Sorry. I just needed to vent. It helps to get it out sometimes. I love the forum and how much support you all provide.

-Rebecca

VENT away girl!!! Get it off your chest so it doesn't stay there is how I figure it. I have felt that same feeling of being left in the dust, lapped, etc many times. Wishing I were there to give you a hug girl. I am however SO SO SO SO excited that your treatments are done. I have been thinking about you for days.

Suzi

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful news Rebecca!!! I know you are thrilled!!!