In Memoriam

Elizabeth....so sorry to hear of your loss of your Dad...a father's special bond with his children like you have shared about your relationship with your Dad will always be with you. We will keep you and your brother in our prayers. Peace and blessings be upon you!

Patti, Steve, Jack and Sara

Heartfelt thanks, on behalf of my brother and me, for all your words of comfort and prayers in remembrance of our beloved father.

My father's death is something I have feared all my life, having been blessed with a daddy who was always not just my parent but my best friend as well. The loss of him is so devastating on many different levels. I know he is "in a better place." But my life was surely a better place with him here. My brother and I have lost both parents in just four years, and I'm left feeling as if I have suddenly lost my moorings.

Yet I cling to the assurances of my faith, the faith of my father that promises that these earthly farewells are not the end-- that he has joined that Church Triumphant and that death has been defeated by the life everlasting.

Daddy's body had weakened, certainly, but his soul was well, and his life was exemplary.

In his final hours last night, when that voice which had preached so many sermons had been silenced forever and he could no longer speak, Daddy and I listened to one of his favorite hymns. I recently posted

elsewhere but I want to share it with my Forum family, too, in hopes that it might also provide you some comfort and hope in your own times of sorrow.

To God be the glory, forever and ever... amen.

"...and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death; neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away." -- Revelation 21:2-4

Elizabeth,

My heart is saddened by the loss of your dear father. May God continue to grant you the peace and comfort that you need during this difficult time. Blessings to you and your family.

Love,

Melanie

May all the suffer with grieve feel the hugs and prayers of the many that love them

Heartfelt thanks, on behalf of my brother and me, for all your words of comfort and prayers in remembrance of our beloved father.

My father's death is something I have feared all my life, having been blessed with a daddy who was always not just my parent but my best friend as well. The loss of him is so devastating on many different levels. I know he is "in a better place." But my life was surely a better place with him here. My brother and I have lost both parents in just four years, and I'm left feeling as if I have suddenly lost my moorings.

Yet I cling to the assurances of my faith, the faith of my father that promises that these earthly farewells are not the end-- that he has joined that Church Triumphant and that death has been defeated by the life everlasting.

Daddy's body had weakened, certainly, but his soul was well, and his life was exemplary.

In his final hours last night, when that voice which had preached so many sermons had been silenced forever and he could no longer speak, Daddy and I listened to one of his favorite hymns. I recently posted

elsewhere but I want to share it with my Forum family, too, in hopes that it might also provide you some comfort and hope in your own times of sorrow.

To God be the glory, forever and ever... amen.

"...and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death; neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away." -- Revelation 21:2-4

Elizabeth,

What a reminder that yes... it can be well with all of our souls. Thank you.

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for you and your brother. When I lost my Dad the world around me spun...I get the losing "your moorings". :( I pray for peace in your heart, and loved ones to hold you tight right now.

oxoxLori

Edited by waiting for a miracle

"My father's death is something I have feared all my life, having been blessed with a daddy who was always not just my parent but my best friend as well. The loss of him is so devastating on many different levels. I know he is "in a better place." But my life was surely a better place with him here."

I understand so completely. I pray you find peace in having YOUR boys here with you and living life to the fullest with them as your parents did with you. God bless your family.

Elizabeth. . .I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with you in that daddies are very special.

So sorry :(

Cathy

Thinking of Elizabeth and her boys and Paul and his family.

Lord be with them today as they deal with the loss of their father and grandfather.

Thinking of you all!!!

love and hugs to all,

Tracey

Thoughts and prayers with Elizabeth and Paul ( and their children) today and always

Praying for peace and understanding for your entire family Elizabeth :)

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts... today was the first of the funerals, in Dad's "chosen" hometown of Temple, TX. Although the weather had turned brutally cold for those parts, Paul and I were deeply touched that so many people braved the elements to be there with us-- especially four special angels from San Antonio named Angela, Holly Renee, Pamela and Audra!

Tomorrow we fly to Iowa, for Thursday's final memorial service and burial in our hometown of Grundy Center. We do feel lifted on wings of prayer, even in the midst of our great grief, and we give thanks to God for the remarkable man our dad was, and for the blessing of being surrounded by our family in Christ even in the face of our loss.

Wishing you a truly Merry Christmas, as we are all so poignantly reminded of the real "reason for the season."

Praying for your continued strength to get through the next few days.

Heather :)