In Memoriam

Prayers for Bob's family as they celebrate his wonderful life and all of his accomplishments

He was a very nice man and such an important part of so many of our adoption journeys. My sympathies to those who loved him...including the Abrazo chicks.

Finalization just isn't going to be the same without Bob and his famous photo opp as he hands the papers to the child. :( Sure hope his family and friends are finding peace in their hearts and know what a special part he was in our journeys!

• Upvote 1

InMemoriamLead.jpg

Abrazo has been saddened to learn of the deaths of two of our birthfathers-- the untimely passing of Christo's birthfather Ivan V. last year, and yesterday's tragic death of David V., the birthfather of Jordan.

David attended birthparent support group faithfully with his girlfriend Monica, and we remember him fondly.

We lift both these young men and their families, as well as their placed children's families, in our prayers.

Abrazo has been saddened to learn of the deaths of two of our birthfathers-- the untimely passing of Christo's birthfather last year, and yesterday's tragic death of David V., the birthfather of Jordan. David attended birthparent support group faithfully with his girlfriend Monica, and we remember him fondly. We lift both these young men and their families, as well as the Pontikis & Potvin families, in our prayers.

Huge hugs to both of these families. Merae - I know Jordan will cherish the photos and the stories you have to share with her now more than ever. I am so very sorry for the losses everyone is experiencing because these men are no longer here.

Prayers for all

David will always be remembered in our hearts and talked about with love in our family. We are sad for this loss in many different ways, sad for the loss of relationship for our daughter, for Jordan's sisters, for Monica, and us. Our prayers are with his family, Monica, his daughters over the loss of life of a very genuine, loving man. We will always be grateful for the life he and Monica gave Jordan and will hold on tight to his memory to share with his daughters.

We love you, David, forever and always.

• Upvote 1

Our deepest condolences to All the family of both these gentlemen.. May they rest in peace and may they now watch over their children and their families from their sacred place. May their families feel them close as they move forward carrying their memories in their hearts.

Merae,

May God comfort you and Jordan!

Prayers for both families and all those who loved these young men. So very sad.

Prayers for these families. I pray that they feel our love surrounding them during their time of loss.

• 2 months later...

250-blue-silk-rose-petals-2.jpg

You were not long for this world

but you were already loved in this world.

Your mama wanted so much more for you

than she could provide

so she'd been coming to Abrazo

to make loving plans for your future.

She called us just Monday to say

she'd chosen a couple to be

your future parents,

but it was not to be.

Yesterday morning,

you came too early and

the angels took you Home to be

with God instead.

We celebrate your place

in God's kingdom & we lift

you, your family on earth &

those who hoped to be family

in our thoughts & prayers.

You are not forgotten.

Rest in peace,

little one.

• Upvote 1

Tiny Footprints

These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me that chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints
are found on the hearts of all who love me.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Abrazo was saddened to learn today of the passing of another beloved member of our community, Tony, the birthfather of Ryder. We extend our heartfelt sympathies to Tony's family and to Ryder's birthmother and Ryder's family, as they come to terms with this loss.

Tony was a dear man and will be greatly missed by all who knew him. May he rest in eternal peace.