In Memoriam

I agree Ellen, it really is sad, the tragedy of her early death compounded by close family relations being severed (for whatever reasons). I read through the comments on the announcement link Elizabeth first posted, which gives a glimpse into her life prior to and at the time of her death.

Life is Just Too Short.

Karen

prayers for peace in the mist of broken hearts

• 2 months later...

The Abrazo community was saddened today to learn of the passing of another of our adoptive daddies:

http://www.legacy.co...332#fbLoggedOut

Greg White, husband of Jill and father of Nick & Katie, died last week, following a stroke. He was 57 years young at the time of his death. Greg was a beloved husband and a doting father, and he was a great man who will be greatly missed.

Greg and Jill were graduates of two Abrazo orientation weekends, Diabri's Darlings (September 1999) and Los Misionarios (February 2003). Their children are 13 and 9, and just started back to school this week.

We lift Jill, Nick and Katie in our thoughts and prayers, as they grieve this tremendous loss, and we thank God for the good life Greg led and for the difference he made in the world of those around him.

Elizabeth is this the Jill that use to be active on the forum?

I don't know what their screen name was initially, but I think she posted under the name "Nick's Mom" during their second adoption here?

When I spoke with Jill today, she said she planned to log on again so hopefully she will draw comfort from all the messages left for her.

• 1 month later...

500429e2-a401-4f0d-aa6a-931644d1edde.jpg

The Abrazo staff is saddened to learn of the tragic death of another of our birthfathers this week.

Jose Ruiz III, the first father of a baby boy placed through Abrazo in 2010, died from a fall on Tuesday. He was just 23 years old.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=9252500

We lift Jose's birthson William, the birthmom Felicia, the adoptive couple and Jose's family in our thoughts and prayers.

I saw this story on the news also, never imagining there was an Abrazo connection. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, and to all the families who have lost loved ones.

Prayers for Jose, and all those who loved him. So very sad.