In Memoriam

My goodness this is soo sad. I am lifting prayers for all involved. I remember him from Camp...it was our first Camp and our first candlelight vigil.

Lifting prayers for all those who loved Rick and the lives that he touched. So sad.

Tracey

I enjoyed getting to know Rick in the time they spent around here after Ethan was born. I know Rick and Donna enjoyed being at Camp and especially enjoyed the times they were able to spend with Ethan since the placement. I will be keeping Rick's family including Mike, Kelly and Ethan in my prayers during this very difficult time.

We were so shocked and saddened when we got the news from Kelly about Rick's passing. It is just so hard to believe that this happened and really makes you think about how fragile life is. I can't imagine trying to explain this to Ethan but at least Kelly and Mike will have lots of stories to tell him about his birth father. Keeping Kelly, Mike, Ethan, Donna and Haven in our prayers.

The Bernados' family

• 5 months later...

Those of you who knew Rod Hosmer know he was a good man. Just thought you would want to know.

Rod James Hosmer

defaultobitphoto.gif ROD JAMES HOSMER BAYONNE Rod James Hosmer, 43, died peacefully on Thursday, February 18, which was also his birthday, at Princeton Medical Center. Born in the Bronx, NY, he lived in Bayonne for the past 21 years. Rod worked as a sales representative for Sikkens Paint Co., now known as Akzo Nobel Co., Marlboro, NJ for the past 21 years. He was the beloved husband of Patricia (Winters); loving father of Rebecca Faith Lena Hosmer; dear brother of Gina and Lucille Hosmer; and cherished grandson of Lucy Pungello; son-in-law of Angie and Paul Winters. He also is survived by many nieces, nephews, family and friends. Visitation will be on Sunday, from 2:00 - 4:00 and 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the Migliaccio Funeral Home. A Mass will be offered on Monday at 9:30 a.m. at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Bayonne. Cremation will follow at Rosehill Crematory, Linden. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the family which will be used for Rebecca's College Scholarship Fund. Envelopes provided at the funeral home. Migliaccio Funeral Home 851 Kennedy Boulevard Bayonne, NJ 07002 (201) 436-5500

Those of you who knew Rod Hosmer know he was a good man. Just thought you would want to know.

Rod James Hosmer

defaultobitphoto.gif ROD JAMES HOSMER BAYONNE Rod James Hosmer, 43, died peacefully on Thursday, February 18, which was also his birthday, at Princeton Medical Center. Born in the Bronx, NY, he lived in Bayonne for the past 21 years. Rod worked as a sales representative for Sikkens Paint Co., now known as Akzo Nobel Co., Marlboro, NJ for the past 21 years. He was the beloved husband of Patricia (Winters); loving father of Rebecca Faith Lena Hosmer; dear brother of Gina and Lucille Hosmer; and cherished grandson of Lucy Pungello; son-in-law of Angie and Paul Winters. He also is survived by many nieces, nephews, family and friends. Visitation will be on Sunday, from 2:00 - 4:00 and 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the Migliaccio Funeral Home. A Mass will be offered on Monday at 9:30 a.m. at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Bayonne. Cremation will follow at Rosehill Crematory, Linden. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the family which will be used for Rebecca's College Scholarship Fund. Envelopes provided at the funeral home. Migliaccio Funeral Home 851 Kennedy Boulevard Bayonne, NJ 07002 (201) 436-5500

He was indeed such a nice man and I feel so sad for his wife and daughter. I remember how close he and his daughter were and my hearts so sad for their loss. For those of you who dont recognize the name, their screen name is MinnieVanMommy and they adopted in I think 1995. Our prayers are with their family.

Sandi

I am so sorry to learn of Rod's passing! (The Hosmers hosted Abrazo's NJ reunion just a few years back: http://abrazo.org/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=3228.)

I keep up with Patty via Facebook from time to time, but had no idea Rod had been in the hospital lately.

Keeping Patty and Rebecca in our prayers during this sad time... God grant them strength to bear this grief, peace in the surety that their loved one is at Home in Heaven, and comfort in memories of happier times spent together.

(Thanks, Abrazo family, for letting us know of this sorrow within our community.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for reaching out to us. Rod was at work feeling fit as a fiddle. It was his 43rd birthday and we were going to celebrate by going to the Melting Pot for dinner that evening. Unfortunately, he suffered a massive heart attack. One minute he was fine the next he was groggy...next he was asking to call us and the next he was gone. He loved and adored us and we are devistated. He was the light of my life and the dearest daddy of all. We are crushed.

Patty,

My heart breaks for you. Reading your post really hits home (I am 43). Life is so fragile. I can only begin to imagine your and Rebecca's loss and grief. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Susan

My condolences to you and your family Patty.

Heather

Lifting prayers for Rod's family and all those who loved him.

Tracey

• 1 month later...

Please pray for my Birth Daughter "Emily" and her family!..Shelley Mann(Emily's Adoptive Mom) passed away on Thursday, I am in absolute shock and cannot quit crying. May God be with them during this awful time!