In Memoriam

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts... today was the first of the funerals, in Dad's "chosen" hometown of Temple, TX. Although the weather had turned brutally cold for those parts, Paul and I were deeply touched that so many people braved the elements to be there with us-- especially four special angels from San Antonio named Angela, Holly Renee, Pamela and Audra!

Tomorrow we fly to Iowa, for Thursday's final memorial service and burial in our hometown of Grundy Center. We do feel lifted on wings of prayer, even in the midst of our great grief, and we give thanks to God for the remarkable man our dad was, and for the blessing of being surrounded by our family in Christ even in the face of our loss.

Wishing you a truly Merry Christmas, as we are all so poignantly reminded of the real "reason for the season."

May Angel wings and whispers guide you always

Guest pamelaz

Today we celebrate the lives of two wonderful people. Elizabeths dad, whose earthly body is laid to rest today in his hometown of Grundy Center Iowa, and Elizabeth, who today, on the day of her birth, has to face such great heartache. My thoughts are with you.

Abrazo was saddened to learn of the sudden death of former board member Mark Andrews. (See obituary, here.)

Mark was a San Antonio attorney and financial planner who served a three-year term on Abrazo's board in the late 90's.

He was in his fifties, and died of natural causes.

Rest in peace, dear friend.

• 4 months later...

condolences.jpg

Our staff has received the very sad news that one of our adoptive daddies has passed away; at his family's request, we are sharing the tragic report that Efrain Arredondo (of the Holy Flying Fish, 9/06) died yesterday, as a result of injuries he sustained in a car accident on Friday.

Efrain had just celebrated his 35th birthday in March; he and Bridget would have been wed 10 years in June. Efrain was a loving husband and doting daddy who will be greatly missed.

Please join us in keeping his wife Bridget and son Lucas in prayers as they struggle to make sense of this tremendous loss. (Those wishing to send condolences may forward them in care of Abrazo.) We thank God for Efrain's life and remember this whole family with love.

Praying for the Arredondo family- sending peace and understanding!!!

Wow... I'm so sorry for this loss. God bless this family in this time of tragedy.

Bridgette and family, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is aching for you. Praying for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Arredondo family during this time of great loss. :(

What heartbreaking news. I have no words to express how sad this is.

I feel like I have a frog in my throat!! I am so strickened with sadness upon reading this post. I can't even imagine what Bridgette and Lucas are feeling. Please let us know if there is anything we can do!

Bridget and Lucas we are praying for you and your family. We send our love and pray for peace.

My heart is aching also for this family. Prayers lifting for this family and all that are feeling the pain of this loss.

Tracey

Adding our many prayers for this family. May all who are experiencing this tragic loss feel God lifting you and holding you tightly.