In Memoriam

Lifting prayers for Elizabeth and her dad.

Tracey

We are so saddened to hear of your Dad's passing, Elizabeth. Please know that we are keeping you, your brother, your boys, and all who have been so touched by your Dad in our prayers.

Love, Susan and Bill

Elizabeth,

My prayers and hugs to you and your family and all those around you feeling this great loss. May god wrap his arms around you all.

Tracey

Daddy's are very special. sending our prayers for you and your family Elizabeth.

Guest pamelaz
A Parable of Immortality

I am standing by the seashore
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud
aust where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, “There, she is gone.”

Gone where?

Gone from my sight- that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
“There she is gone”
There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:
“Here she comes!”

And THAT, is death

-Henry van Dyke

Today is one of those days that teaches us how important it is to take advantage of every minute we are given with our loved ones. Today we mourn the loss of two of Abrazo's family members...

Rev. Vanderwerf passed away last night with his daughter by his side. Elizabeth's daddy has proudly supported his daugher and the Abrazo community over the years in many different ways. From participating in Camp Abrazo to providing transportation to a local birthmom who otherwise often found herself walking home alone at night from work. Rev. Vanderwerf was truly an amazing man who will be missed by many.

This morning also brought the news of the passing of one of our birthmoms, Tracy. It was just last December that Tracy gave birth to both a son and daughter. Knowing she wasn't able to provide the life she dreamed for them, she lovingly placed them in the care of a childless couple from Missouri. Surely they treasure the time they were able to spend with her in the days following the placement of the children they all loved.

Please keep their families in your prayers in the days and weeks to come.

Pamela, thank you for sharing a passage of wisdom and comfort. We are sad and hurting for Elizabeth and all of

Rev. Vanderwerf's family. He has touched many lives in many ways and though we never met, I am better for having known of him and his witness.

For Tracy I pray for peace and for her children, their parents and all who cared for her, I pray for God's comforting embrace.

We are so sorry for your loss Elizabeth! We will be lifting you and your brother in prayer in the days that lie ahead!

Praying for the loss of two Abrazo's family members. I too have never had the opportunity to meet either, but can easily see how many lives they have touched. Hugs to all those in need of lifting and feeling these great losses.

Tracey

Guest pamelaz

post-171-1229025336_thumb.jpg

I love this photo of Tracy and her daughter Christy, taken December 2007.

I enjoyed getting to know Tracy and I was amazed at the strength she had, facing tough odds and coming out fighting. She was an amazing mother and I was humbled by the depth of love she held for her children, always placing their needs over her own. She was a great woman and will be missed.

It was with great sadness I learned of Rev. Vanderwerf's passing in the early hours of this morning. He was such a kind man, a loving father, and a proud grandfather. His compassion, wit and generous heart obviously live on in his children and grandchildren. I feel blessed to have known him.

I am so so sad to learn of Tracy's passing. I pray for her children, her loved ones, and the adoptive family who opened their hearts to her.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who are mourning their precious loved ones. Pamela, the Parable of Immortality that you posted so beautifully says what all of us feel. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I feel sad today...learning about the passing of two wonderful people from our Abrazo family.

My prayers go out to their families...during this time of immense grieving.

A special prayer is being lifted for the grandchildren of Grandpa Vanderwerf, who surely know how much they are loved by him, from Heaven above.

A special prayer is being lifted for twin babies, placed lovingly by their first Momma Tracy, who will surely know how much they are loved by her, from Heaven above.

Hugs to you all,

Karen