In Memoriam

On the wings of angels..........

May God bless Jason Chris and his journey home and may He wrap his loving arms around Jason's grieving family and envelope them in comfort.

:(

• 4 months later...

This morning, as I was perusing the Gallery, amongst the "5 Random Images" that appear at the bottom, I caught a glimpse of this:

birthparent support group meeting

and it tugged at my heartstrings, because the guy in red, seated at the left, was Mike Delgado, a great man and beloved birthdad, who faithfully attended our support luncheons with his "babymama" all the way through the process... he came to Camp Abrazo and had wanted to come again, but his baby's adoptive family decided to put it off... and then, tragically, Mike was killed, when he was hit by a drunk driver.

It's been a couple years since his passing, but we remember him with love! and thank God for the time he spent among us.

May we all be reminded that there's no day like today, to check in with those we care about and tell them how much they matter to us!

• 2 weeks later...

Remembering an adoptee named Julia, and thanking God for her life: JULIA'S WORLD

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. If there is a better place, please feel free to move it.

Today is the 54th anniversary of my brother Ralph's birth. We lost him in September 2003 after a long struggle with colon cancer. I mourn his loss every day, but there are those special days when Hendrick does something silly that I know Ralph would have loved or I catch a clip of Caddyshack (his favorite comedy) when I miss him even more.

He and I did not have the perfect relationship, but he was a good brother and a man who at the end of his life tried his best to make amends for his failings and shortcomings.

It was five years ago today that I saw him last. We had cake and talked about the old times when we ran barefoot on the beach, went surfing together and chased pretty girls when the sun went down. And I find myself today wondering, "if only..." But those thoughts are useless, and there is life yet to be lived.

Please be in prayer for my parents today as they still hurt from the loss of their middle son. And say a special prayer for his children, that they may always know that their father, while not perfect, loved them very much.

John,

I did not know your brother Ralph... I do not even know you in person, but I feel your loss today as you remember the time you had together and as you grieve the time you and your brother are apart. I am sorry.

Peace to you and your entire family.

Karen

Lifting John and his family in prayer, today, as they remember Ralph...

John, Prayers to you and your family. Prayers lifted to your parents and your brother's children. Memories are a wonderful thing, can make you smile, laugh and cry all at the same time.

Blessings to your family,

Tracey

• 1 month later...

Thanking God today for the life of one beloved husband and much-adored dad, who shared unforgettable wisdom with the rest of the world as well, in the short 47 years he walked among us:

Professor Randy Pausch, Free of Cancer At Last!

May those who knew him best and loved him most find comfort in memories and hope in their faith in God's promises for the future.

Guest Veronica
Thanking God today for the life of one beloved husband and much-adored dad, who shared unforgettable wisdom with the rest of the world as well, in the short 47 years he walked among us:

Professor Randy Pausch, Free of Cancer At Last!

May those who knew him best and loved him most find comfort in memories and hope in their faith in God's promises for the future.

I saw the news break this morning on Good Morning America, and was saddened and relieved all at the same time. What an inspiration he was for so many people. His wife and children are not his only legacy, his legacy lives in the infinite amounts of people whose lives he touched and motivated to get up and make a change and to never forget to enjoy life like a child.

Prayers to his family and loved ones.

I was deeply saddened to hear the news this morning of the passing of Professor Randy Pausch. This incredible courageous man has left a wonderful legacy for his children and really for all of us. I was moved to watch his speech and it reminded me to live life to its fullest since this is the only one you get. My deepest sympathies to his family and I hope that his passion for life will live on through all of us who remember to not take life for granted.

For anyone else out there who may be unfamiliar with Dr. Randy Pausch, author of "The Last Lecture", here's a You-Tube presentation of his lecture,

(See also Randy's WebPage, which includes links to his other media appearances as well as valuable resources for families facing cancer diagnoses.)

Dane and I were lucky to catch his story on one of the major networks one night a few months ago. It is truly amazing to listen to! We are sadden to hear of his passing and thinking of his family tonight.

I must be living is a bubble... I have never heard of Prof. Pausch, but I am now planning to watch this video over the weekend. I am deeply saddened every time I see someone die so young.

Dan, it's not just you, I too had never heard of him. I saw the news article on Yahoo! at lunchtime.

I can't view YouTube from work, but perhaps will catch it this weekend.

• 1 month later...

rip0615073.gif

It is with huge sorrow that we share the sad news of the passing of one of our Forum members... Priscilla Morrison, who joined Abrazo's program with her husband last November in hopes of becoming first-time parents, died of cancer last night.

She was just 42 years old. An attorney, she'd successfully beat this illness in years past, and her doctors had believed that she'd been cured.

But one month ago, the couple asked Abrazo to put their file on hold, fearful that the cancer had returned, and it had, in a terribly aggressive form.

We ask for your prayers on behalf of Glenn, and for Priscilla's family members and friends, as they mourn the unexpected loss of a woman who would surely have been the most wonderful of mothers, if only that dream could've been hers in reality.

And we thank God for the time she and Glenn had together, and for their time among us, as well.

Rest in peace, Priscilla. You'll surely be missed.

Glen - Your forum family cries with you today.