Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

Okay I fell for it too. I was so excited to see that the topic was active again! Hopefully soon Stork Central will have an announcement.

Edited by Angie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are killing me. We need some action around here.

Heather

Me to..... I just fell for it hopig to hear some exciting news.

Linda

I think that the stork is on vacation....and we all want him back soon!

I got fooled again.

Linda

"Him?" (Stork Central)

I think Stork Central may be attending an adoption related conference absorbing information and networking with others to assure continued current, cutting edge service to the adoption community at large.

Of course, I could be wrong...............

Look in the And then there were tens section.

Heather

I'm gonna look in that section and come back.mmmmmmmmmmmm

Guest pamelaz

(And then again, there's all that praying my daughter is doing for "little twinnies" (her exact words!) :P

Oh Dear! Be VERY careful what you wish for!!! :)

You know, along with twins comes a twelve month supervision period (and of course no finalization until that is completed.) Also, with the new INS policies in place one cannot leave the country until the amended birth certificate is in hand (and that of course, doesn't arrive until long after finalization!) So if there are twins on the horizon prepare yourself, sit back, relax, and say goodbye to those distant lands and adventures (for a year anyway.) :)

Who would've ever thought a hurricane could be a source of such great blessing?

Last year around this time, a big storm blew into Louisiana, wreaking havoc in the lives of many. One of the many displaced families came to San Antonio, and struggled to put together a new life here, in a city known for safe haven even back in the days of the Alamo. New friends were made, new goals were set, and new lives begun.

Across the nation, a couple in another coastal state was likewise recovering from the storms and havoc that infertility had wrought over the years. They longed to become parents, not just "have" a child, and as the winds of change brought them to that realization, fate led them to Texas where they attended our 7/06 orientation, "And Then, There Were Ten!"

They expected to become parents of a baby this fall, but didn't realize the child they were waiting for was other than the one they thought they were expecting. God knew, however, and in time, guided them to one very special mother who needed some extra-special parents (plus one especially-involved grandma) for her especially-beautiful baby girl.

Today is that birthmother's 21st birthday, and her birthdaughter's new family is Abrazo's gift to her, just as they are her gift to her baby. Here's wishing all of them long life and much joy, with plenty of blue skies, sunshine, and yes, rainbows to follow every storm.

Beautiful! Congratulations Tens and happy birthday young mother. We all know you have made the most wonderful gift and most heartbreaking decision of a lifetime. May God smile on you today and always.

Beautiful baby, beautiful family, beautiful story! Brought tears to my eyes. Birthday blessings to everyone and congratulations!

Edited by mwalker

May the rainbow of happiness forever link the latest families. May Abby always be the pot of gold at the end of that raindbow.

Oh Daddy Tom, Mommy Colleen, Baby Abigail, and Grandmother!

:D:DCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :D:D

She is so beautiful and you look so happy!!!!! We are so excited for you all.

I have a huge smile on my face! Enjoy every moment.

A big hug and many prayers go out to an incredible birthmother who made this dream possible.

Lisa V

What a beautiful family! And such a sweet, sweet baby girl. We hope you have a lovely time in San Antonio with your little pink bundle of joy.

Three months ago, a baby (not even due yet) was born early, to a frightened teen from another country; she was alone and scared and didn't know where to turn. A kindly hospital social worker referred her to Abrazo, who turned to the adoption community for help in finding just the right family for her preemie, who weighed barely a pound and whose very survival was still in question. Prayers were requested on behalf of this child and her newborn, as agency staff searched the nation for just the right family for this itsy bitsy miracle.

In the meantime, another member of the Abrazo family (one of our moms in that region who had a nursing degree) graciously volunteered to visit the baby regularly in the NICU on the agency's behalf, to provide the hugs and human contact that are so crucial to preemie survival.

God used her nurturing skills, your prayers, our casework and the hospital's expertise to grow this little girl while He readied a young Wisconsin couple, who'd previously suffered 8 miscarriages, for adoption... and today, we are overjoyed to announce the placement of this tiniest of angels (now over 6 lbs!) with the sweetest of parents.

We thank each of you for the special part you've played in making this happen, and we ask God's blessing on our newest family, and on the young mother who made it all possible. Vaya con Dios, mija!