Stork Central

Cliff and Allison,

We are so happy for you and your family. Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Edited by BrendaMikeGabe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the LONG and winding road leads directly to San Antonio. Hurray for baby Cliff and his new family. Maybe they should change the name of the agency to "A-BOY-ZO". tongue.gif Welcome little one!

They'd already booked their summer vacation-- their first-ever cruise ship experience-- for next week... and now, they have the best-ever, 7 lb., 10 oz. reason to forfeit both the trip and what they paid for it! because as of today, after just eight short months of waiting, the long-awaited miracle has happened, and another of our 10-4, Good Buddies (9/05) have a newborn baby boy to bring with them to Camp Abrazo next year.

47229[/snapback]

Let's change the saying "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans" to

"If you want to get The Call from the Stork...book a cruise"! laugh.gif

47324[/snapback]

I think there have been a few people heading for vacation and the phone rang - I know I was 8 days froma Hawaiian vacation...Call those travel agents. tongue.gif

Congratulations, Cliff and Alison!

Good Idea!

We had actually thought about going with Danes' brother and his family to the Dominican Republic next month. We turned it down, thinking we would save the money for a new little one....maybe we should rethink that decision!!!

I think there have been a few people heading for vacation and the phone rang - I know I was 8 days froma Hawaiin vacation...Call those travel agents. tongue.gif

Congratulations, Cliff and Alison!

47324[/snapback]

47354[/snapback]

Heidi,

I think you should start a separate thread for those whose vacation plans had to be postponed due to the Stork!

There have been lots of stories over the years, of vacation plans, cruises, airline flights, etc that were "interrupted" by a call from Stork Central.

There have been folks who were actually on their vacations when they got "The Call" about a BOG waiting for his or her "forever" family, and they cut their vacation short to meet their new son or daughter.

I think it would be interesting to read all the stories, and also to let parents-in-waiting know that...yes...things like this DO happen, and provide some guidance on how to make the choice between going on your dream vacation or....having your dreams come true!!

Edited by marthaj

Congratulations on your long awaited baby boy!!!!!

Baby Cliff is so cute and you all look so ecstatic and complete in the photo.

We are so, so, so happy for you!!!

Edited by triciamom

Congrats Babylong!!!!!! WE are all so excited for you! Boys are soooo much fun!- even when you get peed on like I did a few minutes ago! Pee away little man, I am so grateful to have you! When it happens to you, you will know what I mean! tongue.gif

Hey, Ted and I would love to take that cruise for you... if that would help you out and all tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Congrats again!

Ashley

Congratulations Cliff and Allison!

You guys look so happy in the picture (and of course, so does the baby).

Congratulations to the Long family and may you have a wonderful Father's day!! biggrin.gif

It's a great picture on the gallery. Sorry I missed meeting you but I'm sure I will get the chance to before you go back home.

Congratulations again!!

Mona

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooo happy for you Cliff and Alison!

(At LONG last, we've got no good reason to proLONG the agony of all our buddies out there any LONGer...!)

Some say that the nicest surprizes in life come when we least expect them. It seems ironic, considering how much time and effort folks put into planning to adopt, but it surely was true for our newest set of parents.

They'd already booked their summer vacation-- their first-ever cruise ship experience-- for next week... and now, they have the best-ever, 7 lb., 10 oz. reason to forfeit both the trip and what they paid for it! because as of today, after just eight short months of waiting, the long-awaited miracle has happened, and another of our 10-4, Good Buddies (9/05) have a newborn baby boy to bring with them to Camp Abrazo next year. (After all, what Texas-born little boy wouldn't prefer a dude ranch to some big 'ole boat?!)

So here's sending heartfelt good wishes out to our newest Abrazobabe, his proud new mom and dad and grandparents (and great-grandma!), his loving birthmama, birthdad, birthsibs and birthgrandma. May life be smooth-sailing for all of you, from this day forward, and may this be only the beginning of a LONG and beautiful friendship between your families!

47229[/snapback]

A LONG wait for the shortest Long! Congratulations to Allison, Cliff and all the other Long waiting family members! The long chapter as PIW is now closed and you can begin writing your epic LONG tale. Congratulations and enjoy your precious gift!

Cliff & Allison I am so happy for yall. Last year we too booked our vacation and had to cancel 4 weeks before. Brenli is way better than the Bahamas. Enjoy your baby boy you waited a LONG time. smile.gif

Congratulations to the Long Family.... And I agree with Nancy this bundle of joy is better than a cruise.

Hi I am Amanda, Cliff and Alison's birthmother. Forgive me if I am not doing this right but this is my first post! First off I just want to say that Cliff and Alison are 2 of the most kindest, generous, caring people I have ever met! I prayed and prayed that this hard decision of placing my baby would end up well but it turned out even better! I am so glad that I have made these two great life long friends. They will make AWESOME parents, that I am sure of! From my point of view Baby Cliff is extremely lucky because he will get all the love and attention he deserves and then some. As any other birthmother, I wish the circumstances were different and that I could keep this baby and Cliff and Alison completely understand and that brings me great comfort. They are just so easy to get along with. I feel like we are old friends! We had lunch yesterday and it was totally awesome. We talked and laughed and I got to hold and visit with Baby Cliff. I am SO SO glad that I chose to have an open adoption. So I too am happy to say Congrats Cliff and Alison. I couldn't have picked a more deserving couple. I love ya'll!!!!

Welcome to the forum Amanda! It's so nice to hear from you! biggrin.gif

Wow, Welcome Amanda!! That was one of the most wonderful posts I have ever read!

I just had to respond to a few things in your post:

We Forumites thinks that open adoption is beneficial for everyone and your post shows exactly why--wonderful, caring people united and growing their relationship for the best interest of the child. Yes, Little Cliff is a lucky boy!

I had the pleasure of being part of cliff and Alison's orientation group and you are right, they are wonderful people and they will make great parents! How lucky all of you are to have found each other and to have such a wonderful relationship that is just beginning.

You sound like a very thoughtful and caring person and I know Cliff and Alison think you are amazing! Thank you for sharing! Special thoughts and prayers for all of you!

Welcome Amanda!

You could not have chosen a better couple than Cliff and Alison! We love them so much!

What a great testimony for you to be posting here! I hope you keep us updated on how things are going!