Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

CONGRATULATIONS Dan & Erica and little Danny, It sounds like we missed alot by not going to camp. I am so very happy for your family. Take Care and enjoy your new little blessing. smile.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can NOT wait to read your story.

Congrats on the newest arrival to your family!!

What a special summer for ya'll, wink.gif!!!

And sometimes.......GREAT THINGS happen to good people!

Congratulations Dan, Ericka and Danny! You deserve all the joy and happiness your hearts can hold!

Congratulations Gallagher FAMILY!!! (including au pair Nicole) Danny finally has a little brother!!! biggrin.gif

Now you and the Walkers know...God laughs when you think your plans are set. laugh.gif

As we shared adult beverages in the Flying L Saloon on Friday night and pondered the world of children and parenthood...little did we know how one phone call Saturday afternoon was going to change your world.

Three cheers for the newest "unofficial" Stork Jacker. Enjoy your unexpected vacation in San Antonio and please don't make Erika do the 28 hour drive home. tongue.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Let us know when you get back to Jersey.

The pic of little Matthew is just precious! Congratulations Erika, Dan, and big brother Danny!!! I can only imagine how pleasantly surprised and tired ( tongue.gif ) Mom and Dad are!!!

We look forward to becoming a family of four as well. Best wishes!!!

Elaine

I had a brief opportunity to visit with the new family, their au pair, their new birthmom and her daughter at their hotel today, and I'm proud to report that between the two of them, those Gallagher boys made sure their folks got no more than 1 hour of sleep between them last night!! wink.gif

I had a brief opportunity to visit with the new family, their au pair, their new birthmom and her daughter at their hotel today, and I'm proud to report that between the two of them, those Gallagher boys made sure their folks got no more than 1 hour of sleep between them last night!!  wink.gif

46458[/snapback]

I am sure they are the happiest sleepy people in all of Texas!!

Congratulations Dan, Erika and Danny!!

Being part of this wonderful weekend with you all has meant a lot to me. From getting to know you at camp and then helping to be a part of your placement was truly a blessing.

Matthew is adorable and he is now one of the two luckiest little boys to have such wonderful parents. Now Danny is a big brother Yeah!! biggrin.gif

My best to your family.

With lots of love wub.gif

Thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes. This has been a truly remarkable few days since we arrived in Texas on Thursday night, never expecting that such an unbelievable turn of events would ever occur!

We thank God for this blessing in our lives. Matthew Gabriel is small today in size, but huge in the impact that he has already had on so many lives. His BP is a courageous, beautiful young lady and her daughter is so very adorable. God's Hand is strong in this placement, this is for sure.

If you are unsure whether or not you should attend a Camp Abrazo in the future, I would say it is definitely worthwhile!!!

I would love to go on and on in this post, but as you might expect, I am fading in and out of consciousness as I type this on the computer in the lobby of our hotel. Danny has been sleeping for almost 2 hours, which is unbelievable! However, I expect him up very soon. Erika is about to go to sleep, and Matthew was at last check, on his blanket, his chest, etc... (remember to place a diaper over your sons when changing them!!!, or he might shower you with appreciation!!!)

We will post again soon, but for now, thank you all again so much. It was a blast meeting so many of you at Camp Abrazo. Erika and I are continually blown away by the amount of love and affection that so many of you have shown to Danny. He is a lucky boy to have such a wonderful, caring community of friends.

Peace to all,

Dan

Edited by Daniel & Erika

Well, I returned to the room, only to find Danny wide awake, so I am back to add to our post...

Erika and I want to thank the wonderful ladies of Abrazo who worked tirelessly this weekend putting together a great Camp Abrazo 2006. As if that job isn't big enough!!! Thanks to Elizabeth, Pam and Mona for taking the time Sunday afternoon into Sunday night to work through all of the paperwork and legalities! You are all such extraordinary women and we will never be able to express how grateful we are to you for what you have done for us, and our boys. You have helped to change our lives forever! God Bless you all.

So, that is our story... for now...I know Erika wants to get on here in the next few days and post her account of all this in detail!

Until then,

Peace and thanks,

Dan, Erika, Danny & Matthew

Dan,

Thanks for taking time to let your Abrazo Extended Family know the latest and greatest on your newest adventure. I am so very happy for you, Erika, Danny and now Matthew. May God continue to bless and keep you and your precious family and you grow, love, and live as one of the most amazing families I know.

Blessings,

Jean

Dan, Erika, Danny and Matthew,

I am so glad we met you and Danny at the NJReunion..... You are such wonderful people and we can't wait to meet Matthew.

Yes, the Abrazo people are amazing and they give so much of their personal time. You know they really love what they do and we are all lucky to be working with the Abrazo ladies

Thank you for your posting and we will talk to you when you guys get back from Texas.

Linda

Edited by Tonycpa and Linda

Congratulations to a wonderful family! We look forward to following your journey as it continues to unfold. May you get enough sleep to be abel to enjoy every minute of your Texas stay with your newly expanded family!

I just wanted to add my congratulations to Dan, Erika, Danny, & Matthew!!!

I have been so touched by so many of your posts and especially your story and updates on Danny - I am so happy to know that Danny will have yet one more person who will always know and value what a special guy he is and will love him like a brother should be loved! I'm so happy he's a big brother!

My nephew is 21 and was/is a special needs guy - he has autism but not like the type that one thinks of when they think of Rainman, etc - Jared has no speech and wears adult diapers and with some foods, still needs to be fed (and will always let you feed him if you don't insist on him feeding himself). He flaps his arms and shakes his head back and forth a lot and has always had behaviors that people found odd - we dealt with lots of stares during the past 21 years (his brother would always stare back smile.gif ), he makes noises and likes to clap and hop repeatedly. He often reverts to his "world" where he laughs and seems to have no idea that anyone is even around - but - he lights up when he sees his brother and sister and I've never seen siblings love and care about their sibling more than I do with Chad & Meredith and how they feel about Jared - he has taught all of us so much and given us insight to a life we would have never known had he not been different from most people -

This relationship that will grow between your boys will have a profound impact on both their lives - parents are awesome but there is just such a special connection between siblings that nothing compares to.

Just yesterday, my sister (I have 2) had doctor's appointments to find out the results of her "every 4 month" body scan, blood work, blah blah blah to make sure she still shows no sign of cancer - my mom went with her to the appointment and about an hour after her appt., my other sister called me and asked "Have you heard from Stacy yet?" and I was like, "No, maybe I'll call Buzz - hang on (Buzz is STacy's husband of 28 years). I called Buzz, no - he hadn't heard from her yet but she had 2 doctor's appts and it could take awhile. Shortly after, Debbie (my other sister) said "hold on, my phone is beeping" and she clicked over and said "IT'S STACY!!! SHE'S STILL OKAY!!!" and (I'm crying as I type this) all I could think was oh my gosh - she called us before she even called her husband - she called her sisters (Debbie even asked her if she had called Buzz yet and she wanted us to be the first to know "we're stuck with her for a little while longer" (her words). I just can't say enough about sibling relationships - how fortunate that Danny and Matthew will have one another and you will be witness to a beautiful thing - and little Matthew couldn't have arrived in any better timing - what a blessing from God.

Bless you guys - and my heartfelt congratulations!

And not to overshadow by the sibling thing being so great how thrilled you guys are about being new parents again - I know that's a HUGE thing too (trust me, I'm right behind ya on that one! I can't WAIT until I have an announcement like yours!)

Lisa

Edited by linlacor

I just noticed that Stork Central was logged on - and I got butterflies!!! False Alarm though - when I checked their profile, it said they were reading board index (which means they're not in the Baby Announcement section). This is taking too LONG!!!!!

-Lisa smile.gif