Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

Whew!!! Did I get them all? blink.gif What a whirlwind week this has been and all after such a full weekend with orientation. 

A whirlwind week? Week? Its been a whirlwind YEAR so far!

36314[/snapback]

BRING IT ON!!!!!!! You gals have been very busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are truly BLESSED woman!!!!!! Thank you for all that you have done for our Abrazo family!!!!!!! wink.gif

Kathy Singh cool.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A huge congratulations too all of the new parents! I am sure each of your stories are so wonderful. Now you can hopefully see why those paths were so bumpy or at least not care that they were! It is SSSOOOO worth it huh!?!?

Enjoy every moment. It is the best feeling to be a mom or a dad, and guess what? YOU ARE THERE!!!!!! Here is too all of the coohs, crying, hugs, dirty diapers, innocent peaceful sleepers, first smiles, little fingers and toes, and even the terrible twos and the teenage years!!

I am amazed at how many families have been created this week! Great job Abrazo!

A big prayer also for the incredible brave birthfamilies. None of this would be possible without you.

Lisa V

After eight years of hoping and trying and waiting to become parents, a Dallas/Ft. Worth couple happened to catch Adoption Stories on the Discovery channel, where they learned of Abrazo. A week ago, they sent in their application paperwork, hoping to attend this week's orientation, but God had other plans for them and the best possible reason for them to spend the weekend at home-- with their week-old, 8 lb., 13 oz. baby boy! Congratulations to our newest family! (Next time, come join us for orientation, first, and see what you missed, just so you know what the fuss is all about.)  smile.gif

35008[/snapback]

We are so excited about being Ashton's parents. This is the first time since we brought him home I am able to post. He is definately an answer to a prayer. My husband Dave and I have been through a lot of heart ache in the past 8 years. We have had 2 miscarriages with one being twins, mutliple infertility treatments to the point I felt like a pin cushion , we also registered with another agency and was with them for over 3 years with no opportunities. I was home sick one day and saw the Adoption story about a couple who use Abrazo and it was an answered prayer. We did our research and prayed about switching agencies and we got peace that we needed to make that change.

God had put a desire in our heart to have a child and we knew we are suppose to be parents. We got our paperwork filled it all out and prayed over it before it was mailed out. Ashton is definately the child God has destined for us. A group at my work prayed everyday at noon about this agency and that the adoption would come through quick and fast....boy does he answer prayers. I got the call from Angela at work at noon about a newborn baby. It was all I could do to contain myself and I called the birthmother immediately. We hit off and there was an instant connection. My husband and I waited.....because there were other families she needed to speak to, so we waited to say the least it was hard to work the rest of the day. I got call from Angela on the way home from work that the birthmother chose us. It was all I could to drive that last 5 minutes home to tell my husband.

We were on cloud nine, little did we know we were going to have to jump through a few hoops to bring him home. We already had a home study but it was not valid for Texas so we had to immediately get it redone and thanks to Elizabeth we found someone who was able to get our homestudy done immediately. After going through the whole process, faith and prayer brought Ashton home. Abrazo is wonderful and took such good care of us and even put our new baby on the phone with me so I could hear him and to encourgage us that all the stuff we were going through was worth it all. He is the most precious adorable little baby, he is so happy and it just feels so right like he has always been in our hearts. Talk about other plans, orientation was on the schedule.... it just goes to show it is God's timing and we were not to wait for the orientation, Ashton needed to go home. It has been a wonderful journey so far and we look forward to our future and watching Ashton grow. Thank you Abrazo and the wonderful staff, you will always hold a special place in our hearts. Next time we will try the orientation, I hear they are great and fun!

Tonya & Dave - Ashton's Parents

36221[/snapback]

Thank you for sharing your story. We have also been waiting that long to become parents and have gone thru many harsh and disappointing moments. Its just so comforting to see when this process actually works after all of the failed attempts.

Congratulations and enjoy baby Ashton, you deserve it.

Sandi

Brad and Mel,

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Camryn is so precious. You have a beautiful family.

You have a beautiful adoption story to tell, Tonya and Dave. It is great to see how God opened the doors and sent you a precious gift from heaven, baby Ashton. Congratulations on your new family! Enjoy every moment!

Thank you all for your wonderful well wishes and support!! We are in awe of the blessing that God has given us this week! It means so much that you all have shown such love and excitement for us. We are exceedingly blessed!

We are so thankful to be a part of the larger Abrazo family! We can't wait to get home to Memphis and share our new precious gift with all of our families there. Look out Camp Abrazo 2007 --here we come!!!

To our precious Tot family --If we could travel to you first, you know that we would. We LOVE YOU GUYS!! MaKenzie will always know here amazing Tot aunts and uncles (and cousins of course)!

Feeling exceptionally blessed and tearful,

Tina

Congrats PEAS!! It is nice to see everyone placed.

I can't wait for this to happen to all my TOT friends..

Our best to you....

Linda

Brad and Melanye,

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Get ready, she'll be driving before you know it!!!

Give Camryn and Brady hugs from Thatcher.

God has surely blessed us all this year!!

Natalee

COngratulations Tina and Jay

How wonderful. Just think a week ago I met you with no baby and in a month I will meet you with your sweet little one. Congratulations AGain!!!!!!

Perhaps the process of adoption is not unlike a quilt; the pieces sometimes may not seem to fit initially but in time the pattern comes together in ways that the quilter may not have originally imagined, and the result is surely where love resides! So it was for our newest family, members of Connecting the Tots, 1/06.

Their profile spoke of having met after God asked them both to step out of their comfort zones that day, and the adoption journey truly requires the same of both our birthparents and our adopting families. "Only the Lord could have made such a perfect match in so short of a time," their profile read. (Truer words were never spoken!)

May their tiny new daughter be the beneficiary of both families' faith and love--and the legendary wit of both her fathers; he who conceived and he who adopted-- because knowing the four parents who now share this angel, the quilt that covers her will undoubtedly be stitched with care, trimmed with humor and strong as muslin.

35950[/snapback]

Congratulations Brad, Mel and Big Brother Brady!!!

What a very special time, a sweet baby girl, home safe and sound! Answered prayer of many! Enjoy the little moments, as you know they go by fast, soon she'll be scooting across the floor climbing up the back of your chair to get in your lap. 8 months ago I would have not thought it would be happening and Camille just did this.

Our pod is full!

God bless you ALL!

Congratulations Brad, Mel and Brady on the new addition to your family!

God has surely blessed us all with the wonderful Abrazo group!

I am so happy that all of the peas have been placed. It is sad not to see you guys there in PIW but hopefully the Tots will catch up soon!

After eight years of hoping and trying and waiting to become parents, a Dallas/Ft. Worth couple happened to catch Adoption Stories on the Discovery channel, where they learned of Abrazo. A week ago, they sent in their application paperwork, hoping to attend this week's orientation, but God had other plans for them and the best possible reason for them to spend the weekend at home-- with their week-old, 8 lb., 13 oz. baby boy! Congratulations to our newest family! (Next time, come join us for orientation, first, and see what you missed, just so you know what the fuss is all about.)  smile.gif

35008[/snapback]

We are so excited about being Ashton's parents. This is the first time since we brought him home I am able to post. He is definately an answer to a prayer. My husband Dave and I have been through a lot of heart ache in the past 8 years. We have had 2 miscarriages with one being twins, mutliple infertility treatments to the point I felt like a pin cushion , we also registered with another agency and was with them for over 3 years with no opportunities. I was home sick one day and saw the Adoption story about a couple who use Abrazo and it was an answered prayer. We did our research and prayed about switching agencies and we got peace that we needed to make that change.

God had put a desire in our heart to have a child and we knew we are suppose to be parents. We got our paperwork filled it all out and prayed over it before it was mailed out. Ashton is definately the child God has destined for us. A group at my work prayed everyday at noon about this agency and that the adoption would come through quick and fast....boy does he answer prayers. I got the call from Angela at work at noon about a newborn baby. It was all I could do to contain myself and I called the birthmother immediately. We hit off and there was an instant connection. My husband and I waited.....because there were other families she needed to speak to, so we waited to say the least it was hard to work the rest of the day. I got call from Angela on the way home from work that the birthmother chose us. It was all I could to drive that last 5 minutes home to tell my husband.

We were on cloud nine, little did we know we were going to have to jump through a few hoops to bring him home. We already had a home study but it was not valid for Texas so we had to immediately get it redone and thanks to Elizabeth we found someone who was able to get our homestudy done immediately. After going through the whole process, faith and prayer brought Ashton home. Abrazo is wonderful and took such good care of us and even put our new baby on the phone with me so I could hear him and to encourgage us that all the stuff we were going through was worth it all. He is the most precious adorable little baby, he is so happy and it just feels so right like he has always been in our hearts. Talk about other plans, orientation was on the schedule.... it just goes to show it is God's timing and we were not to wait for the orientation, Ashton needed to go home. It has been a wonderful journey so far and we look forward to our future and watching Ashton grow. Thank you Abrazo and the wonderful staff, you will always hold a special place in our hearts. Next time we will try the orientation, I hear they are great and fun!

Welcome to the Magical place known as the Abrazo Forum. Congradulations to you both and to your beautiful son..welcome little one.

35008[/snapback]

Tonya & Dave - Ashton's Parents

36221[/snapback]

Tonya & Dave,

Your story is beautiful. I love how you prayed over the application/paperwork before it was mailed. God does answer our prayers and when he does it is worth everything you had to go through to get to that point. We are so excited for you!

Orientation is AWESOME!! So maybe the next time around you guys will be able to catch it (if the Lord wills) before your bundle of joy arrives.

Children learn what they live, begins a treasured poem, and our newest child is sure to learn and live a life of love and acceptance! Her birthmom, the doting parent of two little boys, waited for two weeks after the birth to be certain that adoption was the right plan, but after speaking with one couple from Connecting The Tots, 1/06 she knew for sure that her daughter's destiny was secure. And after speaking with her, this couple, who came into the process concerned about boundaries, knew without question that true love knows no boundaries. So we celebrate with them, today, as they begin their new journey, together, and we hold in our thoughts the courageous birthmother who made it all possible, and one beloved family pooch whose household is about to be changed in the most wonderful of ways!!

Praise the Lord!!! Prayers are being answered.

Bless this precious baby girl and her new family and her so very loving birthfamily.

Thank you God for answering prayers in such special ways.

-Lisa

Go TOTS GO!. And the newest parents are..............I can't wait

The Tots sure are busy!

Congratulations to the newest family!!