Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

After eight years of hoping and trying and waiting to become parents, a Dallas/Ft. Worth couple happened to catch Adoption Stories on the Discovery channel, where they learned of Abrazo. A week ago, they sent in their application paperwork, hoping to attend this week's orientation, but God had other plans for them and the best possible reason for them to spend the weekend at home-- with their week-old, 8 lb., 13 oz. baby boy! Congratulations to our newest family! (Next time, come join us for orientation, first, and see what you missed, just so you know what the fuss is all about.)  smile.gif

35008[/snapback]

this story put tears to my eyes....... How wonderful..... so I guess thre is hope for us.

Linda

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!!!!

Welcome to all these newest boys!!!! and congratulations to the families they have blessed!

A mazing statistics from an amazing agency.

B rave birthmoms

R eal open adoption

A ngels on earth

Z en-like peace at the right match

O utstanding people drawn together as a larger extended family

R ight for all members of the adoption triad

O rientation that builds bridges and friendships

C hrist at the center of it all

K eeping the faith no matter how "long" the wait

Jean,

I LOVE IT!! biggrin.gif

Susan

If you want to add an "S" to ROCK, you could say...

Strangers no more, families forever

Or something like that!

Edited by suebee

A  mazing statistics from an amazing agency. 

B  rave birthmoms

R  eal open adoption

A  ngels on earth

Z  en-like peace at the right match

O  utstanding people drawn together as a larger extended family

R  ight for all members of the adoption triad

O  rientation that builds bridges and friendships

C  hrist at the center of it all

K  eeping the faith no matter how "long" the wait

35290[/snapback]

This is really good.... How long did it take you to do.

Linda

A mazing statistics from an amazing agency.

B rave birthmoms

R eal open adoption

A ngels on earth

Z en-like peace at the right match

O utstanding people drawn together as a larger extended family

R ight for all members of the adoption triad

O rientation that builds bridges and friendships

C hrist at the center of it all

K eeping the faith no matter how "long" the wait

S trangers no more, families forever

Thanks for the addition to my acrostic, Susan!!

It didn't take long at all, Linda. I'm glad you liked it.

Jean tongue.gif

Jean and Susan, Very good! I am quite impressed with your craftiness!

I have looked a million times for the birth announcement... I hope it comes soon! Its funny just how excited I get in waiting for each one!

Ashley

Jay and Tina,

Can't wait to see your baby's name up there.

Linda

..............tick, tock.........tick, tock...............just waiting............patiently laugh.gif ......yeah right?

waiting on news...........baby news.................good news...............tots and peas news.............................

..............tick, tock.........tick, tock...............just waiting............patiently  laugh.gif ......yeah right?

waiting on news...........baby news.................good news...............tots and peas news.............................

35894[/snapback]

waiting to hear all the good news is driving me crazy........ It seem like a long time.

Linda

and Linda -- our constant posting under this thread makes everyone else think something is going on??!!!????!!! ohmy.gif

I've been lurking just waiting for the post. A BOG!!! I'm dying to know who the perfect match for this little one are!

Come out, come out wherever you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BOG went to Jay and Tina from Connecting the Tots. They left for Dallas this morning. I will post further details as I find them out.

Depending on the drive time and when they actually left, they just might be in Dallas right now. So maybe by 5:00 or 6:00........

You guys are causing me stress with all this posting over here, I keep rocking back and forth. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifblink.gifrolleyes.gif

Perhaps the process of adoption is not unlike a quilt; the pieces sometimes may not seem to fit initially but in time the pattern comes together in ways that the quilter may not have originally imagined, and the result is surely where love resides! So it was for our newest family, members of Connecting the Tots, 1/06.

Their profile spoke of having met after God asked them both to step out of their comfort zones that day, and the adoption journey truly requires the same of both our birthparents and our adopting families. "Only the Lord could have made such a perfect match in so short of a time," their profile read. (Truer words were never spoken!)

May their tiny new daughter be the beneficiary of both families' faith and love--and the legendary wit of both her fathers; he who conceived and he who adopted-- because knowing the four parents who now share this angel, the quilt that covers her will undoubtedly be stitched with care, trimmed with humor and strong as muslin.

What a WONDERFULLY worded announcement, Elizabeth! Congratulations to the newest family. We're sooo excited for you all!! biggrin.gif