Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

Once there were two women, who learned to trust each other...

The first he'll know as "Mommy," the other is his birthmother.

Two different lives have joined to make his one;

One from the Lone Star State, the other from a place of sun.

One of them bravely gave him life, the other, a family!

We send them both our love; may he grow up happily.

Our best wishes to the proud mothers of our newest baby boy!! We're so glad that they both found their way to Abrazo so the son they share will grow up with the best of both worlds-- and congrats to his new "big" brother, as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Heidi! Who knew when you posted on the forum for the first time on Feb 1, that just a mere 10 days later you would be holding your new son! smile.gif

Well, I'm assuming since there isn't an orientation group mentioned in Elizabeth's post that HeidiK is jumping for joy about now! Congratulations! And, a big Abrazo family welcome to you and your son's birthmother!

Edited by FeelingBlessed

Congratulations!

What an awesome month!!!

Great news Heidi!

We can't wait to hear more about Parker's story.

Have a great stay in Texas!!!

Greetings from Houston Texas,

All I can say is WOW! I can't belive this is happening or rather that it happened at all. Here I sit before you all holding my youngest son Parker Davis. The mere fact that he is sleeping and I managed to get the Baby Bjorn on the both of us is by itself a mircle, not to mention the emotion of Friday.

Big thank you to Angela and Renee from Abrazo for making things go so smoothly. Even I now believe that adoption paperwork can be done in two days. And even after my flight delays got me to Houston 6 hrs later than planned, the ladies from Abrazo remained calm. Renee- I spoke with Sandra (BP) yesterday and again for along time today. What a special lady! We are planning to meet on Monday morning so that I can give her pictures and she can see for herself just how in love with this boy I am.

Oh yea, The Baby.....Parker loves to eat (4oz) and sleep ( from midnight to 5am and then 6am to 11a), and after our 1st 24 hrs together I have yet to hear him cry. He is just the sweetest soul, and with each moment I feel more and more connected. The Bjorn helps.

Help me, I am falling in love.

Pictures soon,

Heidi, Parker and Gabriel ( still in California)

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know when it's the "perfect" match-- since there's no such thing as a "perfect" case? Sometimes, you feel it right away... other times, it's the sense you get as the relationship grows... and occasionally, instead of a burning bush, you get a neon-bright flashing light kind of signal, as happened for one of our Bobbing for Squirrels (10/05) couples.

The adoptive mom had a not-so-common name, which just happened to match their birthmom's name, as well! and the rest was happy history. They met recently, and that weekend visit went so well, the maternal grandpa was already planning for when he would teach the 'lil guy to hunt! That kind of forward-thinking went a long way this week when the birthmom unexpectedly went into labor, early: she'd so wanted the adoptive couple to be present for the birth, she held off delivering until they'd managed to race cross-country by car, and they arrived at the hospital with literally minutes to spare, before their new son came into the world!

We wish them all the happiest of tomorrows together, and we send out the same regards to all our parents-in-waiting and their "perfect" matches, just waiting to be found!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif IT'S A BOY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Congratulations, Mark and Marlene, on your new baby boy!!!! We are so happy for you. Ethan is one special little boy to have such great parents. We can't wait to see pictures!

Lots of love (and give Ethan a big hug and kiss for us). wub.gif

Tricia and Jesse

Congrats to the new family.

We know that you are riding high on the roller coaster right now.

Savor these first days, what precious memories they will be!