Kristal Update

Kristal has moved back home. It's crowded but we are doing well. She had school financing set up through the TRC before she left San Antonio. The TRC office here said that she has lost that financing because she moved back here, and will have to reapply. She may not qualify now because she is supported by us. If she is homeless, they will help her with school financing. Because she is supported by her parents, she may no longer qualify. I did not think that made alot of sense, but its a Govt. agency so why I thought it would make sense to anyone, I don't know! blink.gif It may delay her starting school until summer semester but it gives her more time to get ready.

Kristal has applied for a few clerks jobs at the prisons around us, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. It would mean alot for her to get a decent job where she can start pulling her life together. She is determined to do well though, and we are supporting her any way we can. She is a great girl.

Thanks to everyone for the support that they show Kristal when she posts here on the forum. biggrin.gif I was worried at first that her "in your face" style of saying it like it is would offend alot of people, but everyone seems to value her input. It really has been theraputic for her to be able to say what is on her mind and have positive responses. I really had no idea before how complex the emotional rollercoster would be when Kristal started this journey and this board has been so helpful to her and to me. It has also helped us see the AP's side of the situation. Thanks again!

Sherri

God bless you and Kristal as you grow and stretch. We all value both your daughter's and your ideas and input. You have a perspective that we adoptive parents do not. That's the really cool thing about open adoption. The openness! Imagine that!! laugh.gif All parties are informed and in a position to understand and appreciate the other's opinion and situation. I hope that Kristal fullfills all her dreams and she gets the job that she most wants and will be best for her.

Please let us know how it's going. We're all rooting for both of you.

Sherri, please know that we are all behind you and Kristal, all the way!!!

Kristal is such a beautiful young woman, inside and out, and she's got tremendous spirit! To have faced her personal crises with courage and honesty then making such an effort to rise above them says volumes about her character, and about her upbringing. Yet, like so many birthmoms I know, she doesn't even realize her own potential!! That girl is surely going to go places in life.

I know that what she's been through, and the grief and loss you've both endured, has been tougher than anyone knows. You're both in the throes of recovering from this very emotional experience, and yet you've both been so gracious to share your innermost thoughts with us here on the Forum. Thank you: for that, for your daughter, and so much more! I wish all our birthparents had the kind of support you've given your baby!

I saw Colby's picture in the photo gallery, and he is really a doll baby!!!!! What a cutie!! biggrin.gif

thank you. he looks so different in person though, like in the pictures he looks like his dad but in person he looks just like me. i know when angie cut his hair and i saw the pictures i was like "oh no!! i hate it" but like a week later when i visted him it was so so cute.

i know when angie cut his hair and i saw the pictures i was like "oh no!! i hate it" but like a week later when i visted him it was so so cute.

23083[/snapback]

Told you you'd get over it! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif