The Welcome Wagon!

Zinnia

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to make a long intro short, we submitted our initial "I want to hear more" application and hope to be one the many blessed couples that have experienced adoption through Abrazo! Suggestions on a 30th b-day gift would be appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum :)

As you stated, there are so many of us out here who can relate to you. . .

You have found a great organization!

Again, welcome!

Cathy

P.S. Do you and your wife have a name :huh:

Welcome Jallwein...it sounds like it's no accident that you stumbled across Abrazo. Your open heart and willingness to learn more is what makes open adoptions so successful (and sometimes quicker).

Best of luck on your journey and hoping you'll share more as you become more comfortable here, meeting many wonderful families that are made possible through adoption (and Abrazo), who stay connected across the states through this forum. :)

Karen

A hearty, warm welcome to you two! Thanks so much for sharing...you'll fit right in around here :P

When we joined the forum we started at the beginning and read every thread...that's when the 'forum addiction' starts :rolleyes: We learned so much and now are blessed to be part of the greater Abrazo family!

Read alot, post much! We all learn from hearing from everyone.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome to you both. What a wonderful agency to "stumble" upon. I believe that maybe someone "in charge"has led you here much as he has led many other adoptive couples and birthcouples here to make beautiful families. We hope that you find Abrazo to be as amazing as we have and don't hesitate to ask questions, post comments and make yourself at home. :D

My wife and I wanted to say hello (from the Houston area) .... we ...hope to be one the many blessed couples that have experienced adoption through Abrazo!

Welcome Mr. & Mrs. "JALLWEIN" :)

edit: Make that WELCOME JESSICA & JEREMY!

We too hope that you will become one of the blessed couples (as we have recently become) who experience a successful adoption plan through Abrazo :)

Best wishes,

Adam

Ah...Gettysburg. I've been there so many times I can see it in my sleep! My wife's family is from the Hanover/Spring Grove area and we spent many day trips at Gettysburg. Although we miss PA, the winter weather here in Texas is much better and makes up for it. Talk to me in the humid summer and I may not say the same thing.

Hello! Welcome!

Why don't you tell you your name?

My husband and I live in Gettysburg, so we're right by Harrisburg. Sorry you're not nearby anymore :(

Best, Kay

Well, Jeremy, anytime you and Jessica are coming to visit family and show off the precious baby you adopt from Abrazo, come on by! We can have an impromptu playgroup - Darren and I were in the August 07 orientation group, and we're hoping to become parents in 2008. Best, Kay

Welcome Jessica and Jeremy!!

We found Abrazo almost 2 years ago (we have a 21 month old daughter). I look forward to following your journey.

I was nearing my 30 B-Day when we "stumbled" on Abrazo too. My husband did the best thing ever...a weekend getaway! My advice is go someplace really nice and quiet, because it may be your last few days of peace!

Best Wishes to you!

Wow! Thanks for such a warm welcome. I am so excited that I learned about Abrazo! I can't wait to keep you all filled throughout this process.

PS My husband's name is Jon :) He would think it is funny that he is being called mysterious!

Talk about an amazing journey! This post was written less than 3 months ago.....and now, Julie and Jon are proud parents of twins!

Ah...Gettysburg. I've been there so many times I can see it in my sleep! My wife's family is from the Hanover/Spring Grove area and we spent many day trips at Gettysburg. Although we miss PA, the winter weather here in Texas is much better and makes up for it. Talk to me in the humid summer and I may not say the same thing.

Welcome Jeremy and Jessica,

If you ever need any advice from a fellow Houstion (we live in Katy) just let me know.

Jennifer

Jeremy and Jessica, you have found an incredible resource! First...the application. Then get on the forum and look around. I have found that most questions I have had are addressed here somewhere! The forumites are happy to share experiences and journeys and that is an incredible thing in adoption!Welcome and I look forward to following your journey!

Edited by Dale and Amanda

. . .and we're hoping to become parents in 2008. Best, Kay

We're hoping you and Darren do too, Kay!

Welcome, Jeremy and Jessica--nice to officially meet you!

Cathy

Thanks Robin. This is Jessica -- we received the application on Wednesday, and I am mailing it today! We are so excited to begin the process. Thanks to everyone for all of the warm welcomes! We look forward to getting to know you all through the chats, and perhaps some day in person!

Good luck to you in getting that application done ASAP!

The sooner all the paperwork is done, the sooner you're on your way to being parents!

Robin

Jeremy and Jessica, Congratulations on getting your application in! Maybe you will make it to the next orientation!

Heather :D

Thanks Heather! We are hoping to attend the March 2008 orientation! Congratulations on your new baby! 3 months we see! How long was your wait?

Jeremy and Jessica, Congratulations on getting your application in! Maybe you will make it to the next orientation!

Heather :D

Congrats Jessica, on getting that application off in the mail! That's one step closer to making your dreams a reality!Heather and Shawn have a thread on the Joyous Journey section of the Adoptive Parents Forum. It's called....Heather and Shawn ;) It's a great read; Heather has alot to share and there is a happy ending ;) or as I like to say...a happy beginning! :D

Thanks Heather! We are hoping to attend the March 2008 orientation! Congratulations on your new baby! 3 months we see! How long was your wait?

So exciting for you Jeremy and Jessica. I remember when we first sent off our app and kept our fingers crossed that we would be accepted. Little did we know how many other steps we would have to take before we reached our destination of family of four. The journey of adoption is an exciting one full of twists and turns. Amanda is right, this forum is packed full of information and tons of support from families who have "been there, done that" in just about any situation you can think of. So ask questions, read as much as you can and get ready for the ride of your life! :D