The Welcome Wagon!

Zinnia

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jen & Paul, welcome also! From experience I can tell you that Abrazo is a wonderful place. We look forward to following you in your journey.

P.S. Did you see the new thread Elizabeth started called "For Those Aiming For October Orientation"? Yeah!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to introduce myself, or shall I say reintroduce myself to the Abrazo Forum. My name is Robin and my husband's name is Jerry. We were part of the "Tremendous Ten" orientation group of May 2004 and thanks to God, Abrazo, and a very special birthmother, adopted a beautiful daughter in July 2004.

Robin, Meghan's Mommy

Welcome back Robin and Jerry :) Somehow I ended up skipping this thread when I first joined the Forum, but by now I think most know a bit about Brian and I :P

Cathy

I just wanted to introduce myself, or shall I say reintroduce myself to the Abrazo Forum. My name is Robin and my husband's name is Jerry. We were part of the "Tremendous Ten" orientation group of May 2004 and thanks to God, Abrazo, and a very special birthmother, adopted a beautiful daughter in July 2004.

Robin, Meghan's Mommy

Welcome back Robin and Jerry :) Somehow I ended up skipping this thread when I first joined the Forum, but by now I think most know a bit about Brian and I :P

Cathy

Welcome all..........to your own journey..........enjoy the ride......J.C & Saint

Hi Everyone! :D

I just wanted to introduce myself, or shall I say reintroduce myself to the Abrazo Forum. My name is Robin and my husband's name is Jerry. We were part of the "Tremendous Ten" orientation group of May 2004 and thanks to God, Abrazo, and a very special birthmother, adopted a beautiful daughter in July 2004. Meghan just turned 3 years old the end of July and what an amazing 3 years it has been! She is just so fun, smart, and lights up the room wherever she goes. We LOVE being parents!

It has been quite a while since I have done any posting (my how time flies), although I have been "lurking" a lot the past few months. I decided that it is now high time I join in because I am so pationate about adoption.

We sent in our application to Abrazo in early August in hopes of being one of their "againers". We are SO very excited about adopting for the second time! Meghan is very anxious to be a big sister. She asks us all the time about her baby sister or baby brother. We are looking forward to the plans and journey God has for us to lead us to the newest member of our family!

Robin, Meghan's Mommy

Robin Welcome or Welcome Back! It's nice to have you participating in the forum and I wish you and your family well in your journey to expand your family.

Peace,

Adam

Hi Everyone! :D

I just wanted to introduce myself, or shall I say reintroduce myself to the Abrazo Forum. My name is Robin and my husband's name is Jerry. We were part of the "Tremendous Ten" orientation group of May 2004 and thanks to God, Abrazo, and a very special birthmother, adopted a beautiful daughter in July 2004. Meghan just turned 3 years old the end of July and what an amazing 3 years it has been! She is just so fun, smart, and lights up the room wherever she goes. We LOVE being parents!

It has been quite a while since I have done any posting (my how time flies), although I have been "lurking" a lot the past few months. I decided that it is now high time I join in because I am so pationate about adoption.

We sent in our application to Abrazo in early August in hopes of being one of their "againers". We are SO very excited about adopting for the second time! Meghan is very anxious to be a big sister. She asks us all the time about her baby sister or baby brother. We are looking forward to the plans and journey God has for us to lead us to the newest member of our family!

Robin, Meghan's Mommy

Robin Welcome or Welcome Back! It's nice to have you participating in the forum and I wish you and your family well in your journey to expand your family.

Peace,

Adam

Thanks for the welcome, Adam and everyone else who has been so kind in welcoming us back to the forum. I had forgotten just how addicting the forum can be!

Thanks for the welcome, Adam and everyone else who has been so kind in welcoming us back to the forum. I had forgotten just how addicting the forum can be!

Addictive??? This forum??? Really?? I better be careful, I don't want that to happen to me. ;)

Whoops ! Too late! This place had me at "Login"

:lol:

-A

Addictive??? This forum??? Really?? I better be careful, I don't want that to happen to me. ;)

Whoops ! Too late! This place had me at "Login"

:lol:

-A

I'd agree. As a matter of fact, Brian saw me click on my favorites just now and grabbed my hands (jokingly) and said "your not going to do it" as he let them go. Guess what--I did :P

Cathy

I have found myself on the forum numerous times a day. I just don't want to miss something! It's so much fun though!

Me too, me either, and I agree :D

Cathy

P.S. I love your Avatar B)

I have found myself on the forum numerous times a day. I just don't want to miss something! It's so much fun though!

Me too, me either, and I agree :D

Cathy

P.S. I love your Avatar B)

Thanks! Meghan is quite the little poser and loves to have a picture taken. Which makes her Mommy quite happy! I want to load some pictures in our gallery when I find the time, but will post whenever that happens.

Hello everyone! After close to two years of lurking I have decided to introduce myself. My name is Andrea. We live in San Antonio. Around two years ago we began stopped infertility treatments and moved towards adoption. Abrazo was one of two agencies we were considering. We ended up going with another agency but always regretted the decision. However, it placed us in the right place at the right time because we became parents to the most wonderful little boy! :D Our son is now a year old. His placement was an open adoption which allowed me in the room when he was born. Our placement had some obstacles (parents choose to parent but a week later changed thier minds). But we now have a good relationship with the birthparents and have maintained contact. We are now hoping to begin the adoption process again next summer with Abrazo (we hope!!). We know they are not currently accepting "againers" but I am hopeful they will be next summer. If not we will just wait a little longer!

Thank you to everyone for maintaining this forum. It has been a great help to me to know others have the same views, fears and questions as I do!

Thank you to everyone for maintaining this forum. It has been a great help to me to know others have the same views, fears and questions as I do!

Welcome Andrea :) Hoping you'll be accepted by Abrazo soon :rolleyes:

I agree with you about this wonderful Forum :D

Cathy

Hello everyone! After close to two years of lurking I have decided to introduce myself. My name is Andrea. We live in San Antonio. Around two years ago we began stopped infertility treatments and moved towards adoption. Abrazo was one of two agencies we were considering. We ended up going with another agency but always regretted the decision. However, it placed us in the right place at the right time because we became parents to the most wonderful little boy! :D Our son is now a year old. His placement was an open adoption which allowed me in the room when he was born. Our placement had some obstacles (parents choose to parent but a week later changed thier minds). But we now have a good relationship with the birthparents and have maintained contact. We are now hoping to begin the adoption process again next summer with Abrazo (we hope!!). We know they are not currently accepting "againers" but I am hopeful they will be next summer. If not we will just wait a little longer!

Welcome Andrea! Looking forward to hearing more from you during your adoption journey!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-

My name is Maureen. My husband, Dan, and I are currently looking to adopt. I have been reading lots of information both on the web and in books. We are pretty set on domestic adoption, but are trying to decided between independent and Agency. I have seen such great things about Abrazo and was wondering if anyone in Maryland has used them before. We also have an appointment with an adoption attorney just to see what information he can give us. If anyone has used this Agency in Maryland, who did you have to go through for your homestudy?

Thanks,

Maureen :D

Hi-

My name is Maureen. My husband, Dan, and I are currently looking to adopt. I have been reading lots of information both on the web and in books. We are pretty set on domestic adoption, but are trying to decided between independent and Agency. I have seen such great things about Abrazo and was wondering if anyone in Maryland has used them before. We also have an appointment with an adoption attorney just to see what information he can give us. If anyone has used this Agency in Maryland, who did you have to go through for your homestudy?

Thanks,

Hi Maureen! I can't help you out with any information regarding Maryland since we live in New Mexico, but glad to hear that you are checking out Abrazo and welcome to the forum!

Hi-

Thanks,

Hi Maureen! I can't help you out with any information regarding Maryland since we live in New Mexico, but glad to hear that you are checking out Abrazo and welcome to the forum!

Thanks Robin

Hi-

My name is Maureen. My husband, Dan, and I are currently looking to adopt. If anyone has used this Agency in Maryland, who did you have to go through for your homestudy?

Thanks,

Welcome Maureen and Dan. I can't assist with your homestudy question since I live in Tennessee, but I wanted to at least welcome you to the Forum :)

Cathy

Hi-

Thanks,

Maureen,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Whatever choice you make, we wish you the best of luck. My wife and I participated in a private adoption at one time and later made the choice to go with an agency adoption. Each adoption scenario is unique and only you will be able to make that choice. It's good that you are evaluating all your options.

While working with Abrazo, we took placement of our son last month :)

Good luck,

Adam