INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Kristin and Rich,

Welcome!!! You are well on your way to becoming PIW's. I am so excited for the two of you. Over the next few months your lives are really going to change!!!! Now I have goosebumps. :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my packet from Abrazo, welcoming us to the process! I am SO excited!!!! Called Rich at work immediately and the goosebumps have not subsided yet!!! Pretty sure that I am going to have trouble falling asleep tonight :) Thank you all for your support in my wait to hear back. So, are we officially "PIWs" or do we have to send in our full application packet for that? Either way, I am sure I'll be posting somewhere!!!!!!!!!! Kristin :)

You are certainly on your way to not only being PIW's but also great forumites as you seem to have this posting thing down ;)

After Abrazo receives your formal application (lots of paperwork, but really good & important stuff) then you will be invited to a Parents of Tomorrow Orientation. After you complete Orientation, the Abrazo crew gives you a certificate officially welcoming you as a Parent In Waiting (PIW). Of course you also have lots more paperwork, a homestudy, and profile to complete, but it's all part of the process and the best thing about this process is that you will soon be a parent :)

Have a very Merry Christmas,

Adam

Edited by Adam & Beth

It is so nice to hear all the excitement..... You all got to this point for a reason and it is the best place to be.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my packet from Abrazo, welcoming us to the process! I am SO excited!!!! Called Rich at work immediately and the goosebumps have not subsided yet!!! Pretty sure that I am going to have trouble falling asleep tonight :) Thank you all for your support in my wait to hear back. So, are we officially "PIWs" or do we have to send in our full application packet for that? Either way, I am sure I'll be posting somewhere!!!!!!!!!! Kristin :)

Kristin & Rich,

We are brand new to this too. It'd be fun to be buddies along this process. I hope & pray for guidance through this with all the other Abrazo members too. I love that you all have a wonderful forum here.

We just sent our inquiry in a few days ago too & are on pins & needles till we get our packet in the mail. We are out of state (WI) so we have to do our home study here. Have you done that yet?

Best of luck on your journey!!

Nichole & Joe :D

Congratulations, Nichole & Joe and Kristen & Rich, on beginning your adoption process. It will be the most amazing, exciting (yet crazy and stressful) rollercoaster ride of your life.

And, welcome to the forum!

Thanks everyone! Our application is complete and we are FedExing it this week! I have gathered up a whole bunch of pics for our profile and our first homestudy visit is Wednesday! You forumites were SO right about how fast everything moves!!!! Thanks for all of the support! Kristin :)

Thanks everyone! Our application is complete and we are FedExing it this week! I have gathered up a whole bunch of pics for our profile and our first homestudy visit is Wednesday! You forumites were SO right about how fast everything moves!!!! Thanks for all of the support! Kristin :)

A great big Texas size wahoo! The first of many steps completed on your journey towards parenthood.

CoNgRaTs....What a great way to wrap up 2006 & start 2007!! :):D:):D

Kristin & Rich,

We are brand new to this too. It'd be fun to be buddies along this process. I hope & pray for guidance through this with all the other Abrazo members too. I love that you all have a wonderful forum here.

We just sent our inquiry in a few days ago too & are on pins & needles till we get our packet in the mail. We are out of state (WI) so we have to do our home study here. Have you done that yet?

Best of luck on your journey!!

Nichole & Joe :D

Welcome to the forum Nichole & Joe!

Be ready for a ride wether smooth or wild & twisty to the wonderful world of parenthood.

We are blessed times 2 with children through adoption. Our son's adoption was w/ the amazing folks at Abrazo.

We were out of state as well (Va). Since a whole slew of requirements have changed since of son's adoption about homestudy, etc I bet the next batch of paperwork will have that information. Or PM Elizabeth, the agency director, or call the agency after the first of the week to get specifics.

At any rate....WELCOME & can't wait to follow your journey!

Happy New Year as well :)!

Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome! We spent so much time focusing on infertility treatments over the past 5 years that it's nice to now have something more tangible in our future. We just cannot wait to get this all underway. And believe me, we are more than ready to handle whatever is thrown our way, whether it be smooth or CRAZY...hehe.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year's as well and I hope to get that packet in the mail in the next 2 weeks i guess. :)

Nichole

Nichole,

Abrazo has a wonderful saying, "It's not if, but when". So, as soon as your inquiry is reviewed and accepted, don't waste any time in getting the packet filled out. You will need a letter from your physician confirming the diagnosis of infertility, a recent physical, letter from insurance confirming that they will cover an adopted child at time of placement, and of course, begin your homestudy. If you have those things in the works then whatever agency you go with , you'll be ahead of the "game". And remember, the faster you return all the required paperwork and documentation, the faster you'll be on your way to parenthood. If you are open to a variety of ethnicities, your wait could be much shorter as well.

Once again, welcome to the Abrazo Forum. We're glad you're here.

Nichole and Joe

Welcome to the forum and to abrazo. You couldn't have picked a better agency to help you both become parents. You will get tons of support from the abrazo family here on the forum.

Char

Guess what?!?!? Our application and profile are done and we are mailing them tomorrow (well, FedEx-ing them since it's a national day of mourning for Ford)...either way... And our friends emailed us a copy of the letter of reference that they wrote for us and it is AMAZING! I am so lucky to have friends like them :) This has been an wonderful (but extremely busy) weekend and a fantastic beginning to 2007! We cannot believe how fast everything is moving! How exciting!!!!!!!! Best of luck in 2007 to everyone in our new Abrazo family :) Kristin

Guess what?!?!? Our application and profile are done and we are mailing them tomorrow (well, FedEx-ing them since it's a national day of mourning for Ford)...either way... And our friends emailed us a copy of the letter of reference that they wrote for us and it is AMAZING! I am so lucky to have friends like them :) This has been an wonderful (but extremely busy) weekend and a fantastic beginning to 2007! We cannot believe how fast everything is moving! How exciting!!!!!!!! Best of luck in 2007 to everyone in our new Abrazo family :) Kristin

You go!!! What a way to kick off 2007.

WOW!! I am impressed. It took us, well me more than a week to get the profile done. And the application....well, that had to be do in segments as Tim was working an off shift from me.

CONGRATS on getting everything done so quickly!

Kristin, Congrats to you and Rich. Having the Profile completed already is a huge step forward in the process.

Happy New Year to you both!

--Adam

Great Job getting so much done..you are certainly ready to jump into the "Abrazo" pool. Good luck with finishing your homestudy too...

Edited by HeidiK

Things can happen very quickly! It sounds like ya'll are already ahead of the game. This journey is incredible.

Hi, Rich and Kristin-- just wanted to assure you that your package arrived safely, your profile looks great, and not to worry, Rich, you don't look dorky at all! ;)

We had our first home study visit last night and it went really well! Our next visit is set up for Jan 19th and it will be the one at our house! So much paperwork! I have to say, it feels very good to have the profile done early :) Things are really moving along! Kristin

By the way...any word on the next orientation? :unsure:

Angela says next orientation is January 26-27 IF enough folks get their applications in on time, but for all the people who've been saying it's on its way, only Rich & Kristen's has arrived, so far this year... ;)

Whether it be in January or February, it is a great, fun, informative, whirlwind weekend. All the people involved from Abrazo to the attendees, are wonderful people.

Congrats on getting your Profile done already. Others will be very jealous of you at Orientation as that is a huge step. :)