INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Hey Happy Birthday to you!!! :D I'm thinking that's you Kristin who's special day is today? Best of luck to you on this exciting journey! ;)

Wasn't that on here earlier??? Where did the birthday thing go on my main page???

Edited by Don&Andrea

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we finally sent in our inquiry and are waiting to hear...SO excited to finally be starting this process!!!

Congratulations on your completion of your inquiry. You're one step closer to parenthood!

Hi Kristin....Congrats on starting your process! :)

A very nice young lady called me from Abrazo yesterday and said that she would be sending out our application ;) We are very excited to be able to work with Abrazo again for our 2nd Adoption (hopefully) B)

Hey Happy Birthday to you!!! :D I'm thinking that's you Kristin who's special day is today? Best of luck to you on this exciting journey! ;)

Wasn't that on here earlier??? Where did the birthday thing go on my main page???

Thanks! Yes, yesterday I turned 31 and my birthday wish this year is to be a mommy! I am so excited about Abrazo and all of the wonderful people that I have met on this forum so far!

Kristin and Rich congrats on turning you inquiry in. I remember how excited I was to get the journey to parenthood started. You will be parents soon. Once the ball starts rolling with orientation watch out for the ride.

Char

It's been almost 2 weeks since we sent in our inquiry and we have not heard anything yet...I am starting to get nervous...any words of wisdom? Kristin :)

Edited by Kristin&Rich

Patience. Just what you wanted to hear right? :P

With a recent orientation weekend, two ladies out of the office, and a placement, the ladies are sure to be busy and probably need more time to get to the mail.

Hang in there...one thing you can tell for sure from hangin' around the forum, things happen when they're supposed to and not a minute sooner ;)

Hang in there.....Kristin. I am sure you will hear something soon, and you can always give Angela a call.

If I'm not mistaken, your inquiry arrived in our mail on Monday or Tuesday of this week--- I know because I was sitting in Angela's office when she opened the pile of incoming mail (not usually her task, but everybody's doing everything these days because we're short-staffed.) She's probably going to be tied up with getting the new H3 files set up for D-Day next Wednesday (which is the 10 day deadline following orientation when we see who's coming onboard for sure!) but I'm guessing she'll make time to process inquiries after that-- if she didn't do it already this week. (And Angela's so on-the-ball, she just might have.) Thanks for being patient!

AWESOME!!! Sorry, we are just so excited! I am sure that you are really busy, especially with just having orientation and with the holidays coming up quickly (especially being short-staffed, I know how that stinks!) I feel like a part of the family already, Thanks so much for all of you for your support! Kristin :)

Well, our check was cashed on Tuesday. I am taking that as sign that things are moving along in TX. I have spent the past week looking at pics and trying to "plan" our profile. Rich is upset, he thinks he looks "like a nerd" in the pictures. I think he look great! I have found him, at least twice, staring at the pictures. After asking him numerous times, why he keeps looking at them, he finally replied, "I am trying to pretend that I do not know us and figure out if I would like us." He's so cute! He's a lawyer, so he's very analytical and looks at everything from all sides. This is going to be a very interesting ride!!! Kristin :)

Welcome Kristin!

It sounds like you guys are really getting things going! I can't wait to hear when you hit orientation! You guys are embarking on the ride of your life!! Congratulations!

Well, our check was cashed on Tuesday. I am taking that as sign that things are moving along in TX. I have spent the past week looking at pics and trying to "plan" our profile. Rich is upset, he thinks he looks "like a nerd" in the pictures. I think he look great! I have found him, at least twice, staring at the pictures. After asking him numerous times, why he keeps looking at them, he finally replied, "I am trying to pretend that I do not know us and figure out if I would like us." He's so cute! He's a lawyer, so he's very analytical and looks at everything from all sides. This is going to be a very interesting ride!!! Kristin :)

You two sound like a really fun couple. Enjoyed this post. I'm sure the girls at Abrazo will have you so busy with paperwork soon, you won't know which way is up ;):D

I chuckled when I read your post. It's a little known, or widely known, I'm not sure, fact that some Abrazo couples have actually "staged" their photos taking them in all in one day with many clothing changes and location changes. Maybe your hubby would like to go on a photo shoot and practice looking in a manner he would consider "non-nerdy"!!!!! Just a thought.

I think birthmoms will notice your sense of humor and think you are smart. (Lawyer, they have to be "smart," right?) Everyone worries about how birthparents will see their profiles, but it is true that if you create them to reflect the real essence of you as a couple and as individuals the "right" birthmom will be drawn to it and will begin a conversation with you. At that point it's up to the interactions to solidify the feelings and drive what comes next. Remember, the birthparents worry about what you will think of them, too. It's sort of like dating. Getting to know you................

We're all rooting for you.

Kristen,

Loved reading your post and Oh how the memories come back....

You sound like really nice people and I'm sure that will come out in your profile and there will be just that something that a birthparent will see to want to talk with you... I promise...

We worried so how are profile would read to birthparents and wanted to set an honest representation of us without smoosing it.

I think we did... Just be yourself and things will be fine.

Best to you both,

Linda

I chuckled when I read your post. It's a little known, or widely known, I'm not sure, fact that some Abrazo couples have actually "staged" their photos taking them in all in one day with many clothing changes and location changes.

We were one of those couples!! :lol::lol:

I chuckled when I read your post. It's a little known, or widely known, I'm not sure, fact that some Abrazo couples have actually "staged" their photos taking them in all in one day with many clothing changes and location changes.

We were one of those couples!! :lol::lol:

So were we!

Kristen and Rich

I had to laugh when I read your post!!! That is great that Abrazo cashed your check. It sounds like you guys could be on your way to be parents. Good luck with the profile. I know finding just the right pictures is hard. Just make sure they are photes of you guys being yourselves. And if you need to stage a few that is ok. We had to stage our front cover picture for Jackson's adoption because we could't find the right one of us together. If you are yourselves the right birthparents will find you and you will have a wonderful relationship!!! I remember Annie's brithmom, Debra when we spoke for the first time said it looked like we had alot of fun from our pictures. So again just be yourselves. If you need any help just gives us a shout we will all help you.

Jan

We've had the opposite problem. More than enough pictures so WHICH ones do we use. Think we have made good choices thus far, but working them into 8.5"x11" pages really limits what you can fit on a page. Doing lots of photo shrinking and reprinting on the printer lately.

Most of all, make sure you feel good about the profile. If you feel good about it, then it will convey who you are to the birthmother and the right one will click. You only get one chance to make a 'first-impression', so make it one you are proud of. :)

-A

Just got my packet from Abrazo, welcoming us to the process! I am SO excited!!!! Called Rich at work immediately and the goosebumps have not subsided yet!!! Pretty sure that I am going to have trouble falling asleep tonight :) Thank you all for your support in my wait to hear back. So, are we officially "PIWs" or do we have to send in our full application packet for that? Either way, I am sure I'll be posting somewhere!!!!!!!!!! Kristin :)