INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

I feel a strange patience about this whole process. I am confident now that God has led us down a difficult road for a reason...and it's sooo nice to finally see that reason! That, in itself, reminds me that things will work out the way that they are meant to. Waiting gives us a chance to work on the nursery...which....is harder to come up with a decor than I thought! Of course, it is neutral....but there is sooooo much to choose from! It's fun looking around though. We're painting it this weekend! I have never let myself look through the baby aisles until now...or get excited until now, for fear of the unknown. I KNOW NOW that we will have a child...and our perfect child will come to us when he or she is meant to!

Have you guys looked through the gallery at the pics??? If not...you must! They are so sweet and give lots of hope and encouragement!

Well...hubby is yelling at the tv (watching the Cowboys game)....so I am going to see what all the fuss is about!

Have a good night!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amanda,

I'm so excited that you are starting to look at baby stuff. I was buying baby stuff for years and years before we were finally parents. Everything I bought worked out perfectly. I felt a little silly because I did not have a baby but I got over it.

I would not worry too much about being accepted just stay connected on the forum. ;) sometimes it takes time to hear back.

Best of luck.

Heather

Hi Amanda. Don't you just love the gallery?!? I think I spend about an hour each night checking out the new pictures or the older ones that I haven't gotten to yet. Most people who know what David and I have been through think it's difficult to look at pictures of other people's babies. They are so wrong! While I'll always be sad that we aren't able to make a baby the old fashioned way, I will always love babies! All babies! And the sweet ones shown here are so amazing.

Hope you enjoy your nursery preparation. We had so much fun painting and getting the room ready!

Hi Amanda. Don't you just love the gallery?!? I think I spend about an hour each night checking out the new pictures or the older ones that I haven't gotten to yet. Most people who know what David and I have been through think it's difficult to look at pictures of other people's babies. They are so wrong! While I'll always be sad that we aren't able to make a baby the old fashioned way, I will always love babies! All babies! And the sweet ones shown here are so amazing.

Hope you enjoy your nursery preparation. We had so much fun painting and getting the room ready!

Hi! It's not hard looking at the pics! I love it! What WAS hard up until now was shopping for a baby. This is all so new to me being as I never let myself even go CLOSE to the baby section, anywhere! I guess it was almost like I didn't want to get my hopes up because I was let down time and time again when I was trying to get pregnant. Now...I can...and that's ALL I shop for...although I haven't bought anything yet. I don't know what I should start with! I know the crib and furniture...but it's the little stuff that I'm so unsure about, like what I will need most, first, etc.

So...tell me about your "waiting" story! Are you guys getting excited yet...or nervous????

Oh....one more thing, guys!! Does anyone reading this have any experience with General Motors and their adoption benefits?? Legal services are covered, but am wondering if we can use our own attorney for the legal services instead of Abrazo...to save a little money. Any input??

Oh...and we're checking on GM credit union....thanks for the suggestion!!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! My husband and I are new to this whole process but are very excited to get started. We are waiting a bit to send in our inquiry. We have not started our home study. We are still trying to work out the finances first. I have been lurking on here for about a month and I am so excited that we found Abrazo! It feels right to us. What a wonderful feeling to have after so much infertility drama! Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you! Kristin :D

Welcome Kristin!!! I am glad that you are posting. As I am sure you have already learned, the forum offers the support and gudiance that you will need to carry you through the adoption process. Our son just turn one and it has been an amazing journey. Abrazo is simiply amazing! I can't wait to follow your journery to becoming parents!!! How exciting!!!

Welcome Kristin! Count yourself among many who consider themselves blessed to have found Abrazo. I encourage you that you may not need to delay in getting your inquiry in. Your homestudy does not need to be complete at this point AND, in many cases, when it is "meant to be" the finances are usually there. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I have been surfing the forum for about two weeks while we waited for a response for our inquiry. We just received the full application today and will hopefully be attending the December Orientation. We are very excited to begin this journey. I have been so impressed with the forum thus far. It is so nice to read about so many positive outcomes, when as you all know there have been rough times for all of us. We look forward to meeting many of you soon! Until then, we must get busy on our application! :)

Welcome, welcome, Yvette and Steve!! Happy to have you guys start on this magical mystery tour ;) Will be thinking about ya over the next few weeks --- this holiday season will be like no other for you, as you jump into orientation!

Laura

Hope you guys can get to the December orientation! Welcome to the forum.

Heather :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone out there. My husband and I adopted through Abrazo 7.5 years ago and have a Beautiful Daughter. We just recently put in our Inquiry to adopt again. I was wondering how long these days it usually takes to hear back form Abrazo? Any info would be great. We sent the Inquiry in about a month ago. Thanks for any info. Gloria

Gloria,

I think it takes about a month so hopefully you should be hearing something soon! Best of Luck!

Heather :)

Welcome back Gloria!!! I hope you hear from Abrazo very soon!!

Thanks Angie!! B)

Welcome back to the fourm Gloria ( and now you have to stay!) and many blessings on your journey to add another child to your family!